×Vacations went wrong

Last Ones

      VACATIONS   WENT   WRONG       

×Your POV

"This way." my mom told me and I rolled my eyes annoyingly. "I don't even want to go with you to Japan...what do we want to do there?!"

"Vacation." she blinked confused, "You know that." I just crossed my arms with a not so pleased face. "I want to stay in Korea, thank you."
A woman walked out of a bus. "Are you the last ones for the Japan trip?"

"Yes!" my mom giddily answered her and pulled my father and me along. It was late night outside, exactly 11:13pm. My mind was numb and I wanted to get home.

"Look! This is a good seat!" my mother dragged me over and I sighed for the umpteenth time this day. "Can I at least sit at the window."

"Sure, sure."

I plumped down on the seat and looked out of the window to my right.

"Are you all ready? Then we'll start now! The ride will take about an hour and a half. You can sleep during that time, this is no problem. We'll make sure that everyone will get out of the bus at the airport." the woman who called after us stated happily and I leaned back, tapping with my nails against the glass.

I nodded and put out my phone, just releasing another long growl. "I have no balk, no reception at all! Look umma! It's been like this for two weeks now!"

She was the one sighing now. "It's something with the sun rays, you know that..."

"Yes, yes, you've told me enough about this." I clicked my tongue and pouted. I wanted to call my boyfriend Doojoon. We haven't phoned in a while, to be honest.

He lived on one side of Seoul while I was stuck on the other side. We saw each other a lot though, and somehow, there was building a relationship between us.

"Honey...just sleep now. I'll wake you up when we're at the airport. I know, the last time you were stressed out completely but...just take a nap. Maybe you'll feel better."

"Fine." I closed my eyes and turned my head to the right. I opened them again and inhaled. I also wanted to call Jimin! I told her I'd do before we get off to Japan! What shall I do?!

My eye lids started to become heavier and I began to blink slightly. The black in front of my eyes was starting to stay for a longer time and I dozed off. It felt like I slept some seconds as I opened my eyes so see some lightnings outside.

I blinked again and heard people screaming. I jolted up rapidly and my tiredness was gone. D-did an accident happen, but not in our bus, people are screaming outsi-

That was when I saw the woman at the front injured. She held her bleeding nose and I looked over to the bus driver. He was unconscious lying on the steering wheel and I held my mouth.

"U-umma! What happened?!" she looked at me and mumbled something I could only understand something like "She woke up" and "Oh no".

The woman coughed blood at the front and held her stomach. "P-please don't panic! Go all out of the bus! Immediately! We almost ran something over here! Please leave the bus now!"

She helped the bus driver to stand up but he didn't move a single muscle.

"Mija ah! Hurry up! Get out of here!" my mom took my wrist and pulled me out of it since we sat near the second exit.

"Umma?! Please tell me what happened! I slept a bit!" I whined as I tripped over a big rock.

I looked at my surrounding and saw nothing but destroyed buildings, people lying all over the floor and even things falling from heaven. A loud crash was heard and I held my head at the loud sound.

My mom pulled me along and I ran behind her closely. A man ran against me accidentally and I fell down in the mud.

I let out some swear words and tried to get up. "Umma?! Where are you?!"

A squeaking sound was behind me and when I turned around something hit my head. I knocked out immediately.

- - - - - -

I slowly lifted my eye lids but they fell shut again. I opened my eyes wider and was welcomed by a bright lamp hanging from above my room.

Wait, room? I straightened up and held my sides. A painful groan escaped my mouth and I breathed through gritted teeth.

It was all white and reminded me of a hospital or something.

I had a massive headache and remembered yesterday's event. Screaming people, maybe dead people, a destroyed Seoul. I shook my head. I must have dreamt this...

But then again, I was in a hospital, my body ached, my head was spinning and I saw some needles up my sleeve.

Shocked I started to pull them out with shivering hands. Blood dripped out of my arms where the needles have been but I helped myself with some aid kit I found in the room.

"Hello?" I asked quietly and stepped out of the room, holding the left side of my torso in pain. " Hello?"

My voice echoed through the long corridor and I frowned, going back.

Next to my bed was one of this emergency-buttons, so I pressed it, trying to see if somebody would come.

I waited a minute, five minutes, fifteen minutes and later on even half an hour. I pressed it again and waited once more until I was sure, nobody would come by now.

I groaned and saw a letter on the door. I grimaced and ripped it off, reading.

'Song Mija, if you're reading this, you're healthily awake on earth.'

"What the actual -" I stopped as I saw the word parents in a following paragraph.

I continued to read quickly.

'You're in an underground hospital. That's why they're no windows.' I looked around and read the letter again.

'Also, if you're reading this, everybody you know is dead. My name is Choi Mina, I wrote this with my last energy. I hope my brother is still alive, doctors have brought him into room 154. Please do look after him, his name is Choi Minho. He has medically helped you. Some people have been brought here just like you, please look into at least twenty rooms. We didn't manage to help more people. But maybe they're still live. You passed out after a girder had hit you from a building lot in the nearby. The apocalypse had come, I know it might sound very silly to you, but it's the truth. Search for living people, if possible, all around the world. Your parents have left you a photo next to you on your bed in this room. Please follow these steps: don't go out of your room and this hospital unless you're fully recovered. It's dirty outside and muddy outside. If you're recovered, use the elevator on the left end of this hospital. Before doing this, on the small desk on the other side of the room is an address of a world-wide radio station. Please try to contact other humans. That would be all. Good luck.

Love, Choi Mina'

The letter ended and I looked at the open door in front of me. "E-everybody I know is...dead? No, they're joking."

I shook my head lazily and inhaled deeply. I went to the other side of the room and saw a small white note pad, written on it an address. I had never heard of it before but I just took it with me.

Shrugging my shoulders I went like told throughout the small hospital.

My first stop was the room next to mine. I walked inside and scrunched my nose. "Smells like someone shat into the corner."

I looked to the bed and a really bad injured woman lied there. I held my mouth at all her burned skin and the pale white color in her face.

I walked over and didn't hear anything, neither breathing nor soft snoring. Carefully I held two fingers on her neck. I took them back quickly as I didn't feel her pulse. She's...dead.

I walked out in fear, looking into almost all rooms. To my bad luck, I didn't find any person alive here.

One of the last rooms crossed my path and I inhaled heavily. The room's number was 154 and my eyes widened when I remembered that girl's words.

"Her brother is lying here." I entered quietly and saw a young male lying on the bed. As I went nearer I softly laid my fingers down on his neck. His eyes stirred and a soft snore escaped his mouth.

I almost screamed of joy but held my mouth firmly. Carefully I shook his shoulder. "Erm...Choi...Choi Minho sshi?"

His eyes slowly started to open and he looked up at me. "Mina...Mina ah, is this you?"

"N-no...I'm not your sister." I mumbled and Minho opened his eyes a slight bit wider. "Wait...you're that girl...that girl I treated the wounds of."

I nodded and he sat up, arching his back in pain. "I-I'm Choi Minho."

I bowed at him slightly and took his hand to shake it. "Song Mija. Thank you for treating my wounds and whatnot."

"No problem...we all tried to help everybody. But sadly, we don't have much space in her. I'm not a doctor but I really wanted to be one. I was helping here secretly until I could go to a real hospital or so..."

"So...everybody is dead?" I blinked with tears in my eyes and he looked down, nodding.

Some tears rolled down my cheeks and I wiped them away. "I shouldn't cry, I'm twenty-one years old."

"I'm just as old, it's okay." I saw tears in his eyes and now I believed everything.

"Sh-should we go upwards?" I asked and his lips turned into a firm line. "We won't go until you're completely fine."

"I'm alive...I'm totally fine." I stated bluntly and Minho shook his head. "Alright...if you say so. Let's go."

"Wait! I need to get an address!" I spoke loudly but he stopped me. "I have it as well...everybody got a little note...with that address, too. Just in case."

I nodded and picked up the note on his little desk.

"From where did you know?" I asked and he rubbed his waist, inhaling in pain. "My sister told me they'd do it with everybody and I also helped her writing some letters."

I just nodded and we walked out of his room.

"Oh...wait indeed now. If we'll leave, we leave for good. I'll get something I read in Mina's letter."

"Mina..." Minho mumbled and I saw pain in his eyes. I rubbed his arm and smiled up at him reassuringly.

He followed me as I walked down the whole hospital until I reached my room.

I looked at the photo on the small desk. A tear ran down my cheek and I smiled in bliss.

It showed me, my father and my mother in our garden. We were grilling on that day, it wasn't a long time ago, maybe about a month. I was folding my arms over my chest, looking sour as always when they took pictures of me while my dad, who held the camera and my mom grinned from ear to ear.

"Why didn't I enjoy more time with them?" I asked and rubbed my cheeks with my sleeves.

I walked out with Minho behind me again and we reached the elevator. "Let's...let's get upwards."

"I hope you won't faint at the sight." Minho pressed the button and I rolled my eyes.

We walked in when it arrived and stood in there for about half a minute before we came to a stop.

It was a small hospital I knew. We stood in the entrance hall and I glanced back at the elevator. I never went into the elevator. This hospital only has one story...so, why using an elevator then?

I warily looked around and Minho mumbled some stuff about how damaged it was. It indeed was, I couldn't believe my eyes.
I hope other people went into their basements as well, so many are saved!

Yet, an uneasy feeling washed over me as we exited the hospital. Ruins, ruins everywhere. Wood, plastic and other things were messily lying on the ground, mostly burned stuff was found. I sighed desperately.

It was bright outside, exactly 11:13am. My mind was numb and I wanted to get home.

I guess, my vacations went wrong.

Day 1 of surviving the ing apocalypse.

  ×   

AUTHOR'S × NOTE )
HIIIII ~ SO THE FIRST CHP IS UP, I HOPE THIS IS URM.....
OKAY~ :DD STAY TUNED FOR THE OTHER ONES AS WELL ~
COMMENT AND SUB ~ ♥