III

Reincarnation

You released a soft groan after being awoken by the sound of your phone vibrating on the end table. Checking your alarm clock, you saw that it was already midnight. “Who in their right mind would send me a message at this hour?!” You thought and lazily grabbed your phone to check your message.

“An unknown number” You clicked on the message to view it.

“You’re fired.”

All you could do was blink and stare at the message with a dropped jaw, wondering if this was real or if it was a joke. You tried to call the number but it seems that the Chinese man blocked your number and out of panic, you rushed to Jongin’s room.

Opening his door which he never locks in case of emergencies, you found him plopped on his bed sleeping like a little kid. “Jongin!!!” You shook his shoulders which startled him, making him open his eyes as wide as a doe’s.

“WHAT?!” He asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone. Sitting beside him, you showed him the message but you got disappointed when he replied with a shrug.

“What? At least say something . . . Sheesh.”

Ignoring you, Jongin crept back into bed and covered himself with the sheets. “It’s his decision whether to fire you or not. Just accept it.”

“Ugh.” You groaned and headed back to your room, thinking that Jongin might have some sense knocked into him in the morning.

-A few hours later-

Walking into the kitchen to grab some breakfast, you spotted Jongin in the living room, seated on the couch reading his favourite book. Sitting beside him, you decided to stare at him until he snaps.

“Stop that.” Jongin said, eyes still glued on the book.

“Stop what?”

Jongin sighed and continued reading but after a few minutes, he couldn’t take it anymore and snapped.

“Okay, What do you want?”

You chuckled. “Why are you so cranky today?”

Jongin rolled his eyes and said “Just go straight to the point.”

“Oh you know what I want.”

“I can’t do anything about it.” He said, placing his book down. “Don’t worry. I’ll pay for your tuition.”

You blinked at Jongin, not knowing what to say. To show your gratitude, you squeezed him into a hug. Even though your problems have already been solved, you still couldn’t help but wonder why the man fired you.

“Jongin, Is it okay if I take a walk?”

Jongin nodded and picked up his book to continue reading. You headed out, deciding to pay the man a quick visit but upon arriving at his place; it was a lady who answered to your knocking.

“Can I help you? She asked.

Peering inside, you saw that it was the exactly the same apartment so you thought that this lady was his girlfriend or his wife.

“Is the Chinese man your boyfriend?” You asked “I just need to have a word with him.”

The woman seemed to have no idea what you were talking about since she was looking at you with a confused expression on her face.

“What . . . Chinese man?"

----

Yeah, I updated :) Enjoy.