II

Reincarnation

 

Waking up, you analyzed your surroundings to check where you were. You saw that you were back at your home, lying on your bed while Jongin was seated beside you with eyes closed indicating that he was asleep. “How did I get here?” You wondered.

Everything that happened yesterday was just a blur and all you could remember was hearing the name “Jinae” not knowing whom it belonged to. Upon tugging on Jongin’s shirt, he opened his eyes which were blood shot and you couldn’t help but worry. “Jongin” You attempted to sit up but upon doing so, every muscle in your body burned in pain.”Ow” You placed a hand on your forehead and started massaging it with your fingers since it was the part that hurt the most. “What happened?” You asked.

Jongin stood up from his position and walked towards the bathroom. He came back after a few minutes with a basin and towel in his hands. Sitting beside you, he started wiping your face with a face towel soaked in warm water, slightly making you feel better.

“A man . . .” He paused “Brought you here last night. I didn’t know how he knew where we lived but I didn’t care about that anymore, seeing you collapsed in his arms.”

Jongin continued telling you what happened but upon hearing the words “A man” you instantly remembered the Chinese man and drifted off to your own little world.

-Jongin POV-

It was 10 pm. Jongin was sitting on the couch, watching his regular tv show, How I met your mother, when he heard knocks on the door which sounded urgent, making him rush towards it. Upon opening the door, he saw the most unexpected thing. . .  or should I say person.

“Kris.”

He took his little sister from this man’s arms. “Stay here” He told the man and headed inside to lay his little sister on the couch and after doing so, he returned to the man.

“I see. You’ve finally met again.” Jongin said sarcastically. “You must be soooo happy.”

“Let me explain.”

“Can’t you just stop Kris?! You know how it would end. For god’s sake! Just let her live a normal life without you!”

Looking at Kris, Jongin could see that he was hurt and hearing this broke him even more.

“You think I wanted to meet her again?!?!?! Damn it Jongin!” Kris said, kicking the door. “20 years. I saw her die the same way for 20 years Jongin. Do you think I want that to happen to her again?” He started releasing muffled sobs.

Jongin looked away, not wanting to see Kris like this. “I know Kris” he paused “I was there every time it happened.” He headed inside and before closing the door, he looked at kris in the eye and said

“I’m just trying to protect her.”

------

Update. Yay. Enjoy :3