¦ D e c e m b e r

¦ T h e F i n d e r » Starting

—chapter ii
“ f r i d a y  l u n a c y.


Himura glanced at the form with an odd look and furrowed her eyebrows. Undecided. That's what she was.  The form, as tempting as it was (It wasn't.), she would never, ever go back again. She breathed through her nose and rubbed her wrist, the tip of her fingers brushing against her trinket. Fridays, she grimaced, Never the best day for me. She pursed her lips and took the pen.

"So!" she jumped. 

"What the hell—"

"Finally deciding on it, aren't you?" She frowned. "My, what a troublesome girl. Well, I know someone who can help." The man sat across her in a laid back position, a hand on his green-striped hat as he slid it to his chest. His blonde hair fell between his eyes, an irritating feat she finds. His smile was mocking as it always was and his eyes shone with a knowing glint, just like his smiles. 

"She lives near that area." Her brain stopped functioning. Her eyes darkened and her lips drew a tight straight line.

"Well ."


"Good morning, Lili-chan," her father smiled as if she was the most beautiful thing in the world. Jia Li nodded and rubbed her sleepy eyes. Yosai, her father, inwardly cooed at how adorable her daughter was. Ricky, her little brother, cast an awkward glance at her.

"Good morning, onee-chan," he mumbled, feeling uncomfortable. Her mother, Kunie, harrumphed and stuffed with rice. Her eyes rested on her mother's pinky finger and she frowned. Life isn't always the better one.

"Well, I have plans if anyone's wondering," her father implied, wiggling his eyebrows. Everyone grimaced, even their house helper and her uptight mother, and threw a piece of bacon at him. Yosai cried out in mock protest, failing to hide his smile. 

"Nobody cares," they chorused. 

"But seriously though," he said as he brushed the pieces of bacon off his shirt, "We're going to the fair on Saturday. I found out from Jia Li's teacher that they are going to have an inter-school fair with the neighboring school near the Tokyo district." Jia Li nodded and bit the last bits of her egg, running out the door. 

"Bye! Take care," their father called after his son. Ricky shouted back a gurgled reply and ran after Jia Li. He ran past the park and jumped on the bus, holding the door open. Jia Li nodded as appreciation and quickly found her seat. Nothing caught her interest as she passed by the same structures over and over again. The bus halted, sending her flying from her seat. She groaned as she pressed her hand against the bruise threatening to form. 

"What a waste." She froze at the sound of the voice. The hair on the back of her neck stood as she tried to get a grip on herself. The bus was shrinking until she felt only the presence of the new passenger; his eyes were brooding and sharp, glaring at anybody who dared to make eye contact. His body was thin yet the muscles were apparent. But, his appearance made no appeal to her...

It was his thread.

She gasped, hands shaking. Ricky stared at her worriedly and tried to figure her out. His sister was one of the most mature girl he's ever known despite her teenage years. She was always calm, glaring and a tad bit cold. He's never seen her this shaken. Two girls made their way in, two of the same face yet different personalities. And lastly, a girl with Islamic green eyes and faded skin boarded in, craning her neck to see the commotion in the air. This time, Jia Li was completely frightened. She's known all these years that she was bound to be found, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of fear. Her life depended on this quest, but someone has carved and etched things in her heart, things she could never resolve... not until it was time.

"Nee-chan?" Ricky questioned. The girl with the green eyes turned to his voice and raised a thin brow, feeling a different wave coming off her. Jia Li sneered, not liking the way her eyes were. It seemed too unusual for mortals. Jia glared at Ricky and shushed him, gaining control of her emotions. Jia Li knew that once she's found, the whole army of Reika will come for her, taking any witness with them.

She couldn't have that... she glanced at her brother. Certainly not with him.

"There're lots of passengers today, so keep quiet," she chastised, narrowing her eyes at him. Ricky couldn't do anything but nod, feeling a bit apprehensive about the strange behavior.


"Alright!" They cheered, "Another case done right in only a matter of 2 days and no sleep. That's saying something." Christopher rolled his eyes and smirked, the feeling of pride and accomplishment bubbling up his chest. This was his forté, his music. But despite all the celebration, another foreboding feeling managed to sneak its way in.

"Hey, what date is it today?" He asked, looking at his watch. 

"It's December 16, why?" His colleague asked. December 16, huh? Chistopher shrugged and sipped his beer, frowning. The case had been great, a mystery he loved well. He was one of the famous detectives, one of the youngest in France. He graduated at the age of 16, opting to skip his last years of high school and college to continue the legacy of his father in serving his country. 

"Antoine! Mr. Baudine wants to see you," a snotty voice called through the PA. Christopher sighed and strutted off to the office nearby. Mr. Baudine was his gay boss. He was a smart man, a man perfect in the field. His got his visions set towards the future and is very ruthless. How he found out he was gay was something Christopher could never imagine.

"You wanted to see me, boss?" Christopher asked, popping his head in. Mr. Baudine sat elegantly, legs crossed and without a wrinkle on his thousand dollar suit. His hair was ashen and his eyes were a sharp, electric blue. Mr. Baudine waved his hand, gesturing for him to sit. Christopher strutted in and plopped down on the rolling chair, crossing his legs.

"Yes, well," Mr. Baudine started, pulling off his glasses and settling it down on the table, "The superintendent of the detective that you worked with a few days ago loved your performance." Christopher raised an eyebrow.

"So?" Mr. Baudine grimaced.

"What do you mean so?" He pressed on, leaning forward and placing his chin on his entertwined hands.

"So... what then?" Mr. Baudine scowled blatantly and threw him a folder. Christopher caught the folder, albeit a little clumsily. His eyes flew out of their sockets as he choked on his own spit.

"Really!?"