Final

The Begining Of The End

Chapter 2

Xiumin stared at the ceiling as his mind started to wander for a bit as his head lay comfortably on Chen’s lap. Chen, absent mindedly running his hand through Xiumin’s hair looked at his peaceful and serious face. “You look sad, Minseok.”

Xiumin smiled when Chen said his real name and not his nickname. “I’m just thinking Jongdae.” He said softly as his eyes landed on his lover. “What do you want to do when you get released?”

“We,” Chen corrected with a smirk. “When we get released.”

“Minor details,” Xuimin yawned softly. “Tell me.”

Chen smiled softly as his eyes searched the clouds outside the window. “Travel”

“Travel?” Xiumin asked.

“Yeah… Travel.”

“Wouldn’t it be dangerous?” Xiumin said worriedly. “We’re still in the mafia after all.”

“Yeah,” Chen grinned happily. “Exactly, we’ll travel because we’re in the mafia. They’ll never question it and at the same time we’ll slowly cut ties with them.”

Xiumin sat up and smiled at Chen.

“I like that plan.” Xiumin was about to lean and kiss Chen but it was interrupted when someone entered their room.

“Oh it’s you! What do you need?” Chen asked before everything became numb.

Chen was shocked.

He looked down towards his stomach and saw it bleeding heavily with a pen still protruding on it. He looked up and saw him smiling blissfully at him before finally looking sideways – to his beloved Baozi who was very pale and now looking at him horrifyingly.

Chen always hated it when the older man supported that expression. So Chen smiled reassuringly at Xuimin before he felt everything going dark.

The last thing he heard was the terrified scream of his boyfriend.

Xiumin was at a lost. Just minutes ago he and Chen were happily talking about their future until he entered and stabbed Chen. Now he was staring at the cold and life body of his boyfriend. After the shock washed away, anger replaced it. Xiumin looked back at him.

“Why did you do that?!” Xiumin shouted as he attacked him. He only smiled as he dodge Xuimin and stabbed him from behind. Xiumin was taken by surprise. He didn’t expect that.

Xiumin fell on the floor with a loud thud. He looked back to Chen’s peaceful face. He looked like he was only sleeping. And this made Xiumin smile. Dying wasn’t part of his plans but if Chan wasn’t around anymore then he has no other options either way.

With the last ounce of his strength, he grasped Chen’s hand on his own before allowing darkness to take over him.


“Ahh… that was good. Thanks for the food D.O.” Jongin stated with a smile as he watched D.O. do his wonders in the kitchen.

“You’re welcome. Well at least you’re not wearing that creepy smile again.” D.O. replied with a smile as he continued to stir whatever it was he was making. Jongin didn’t care as long as the outcome is delicious.

True enough, when Jongin entered the kitchen, D.O. was scared out of his wits when he saw the man wearing the scariest smirk. As it turns out, Jongin was only wearing that smirk because for once he’ll be eating a decent meal. And not the one’s his patients left him.

“Well you can’t blame me… speaking of which, how come none of the patients are down here? Usually they would run here as fast as they can after taking one sniff of your cooking. Especially Xiumin.” D.O. only shrugged and went back to cooking.

Minutes later Suho arrived and Jongin took that as his cue to leave, going back to his office full of paper works. Wondering where the hell is Sehun…


“Gege look! Gucci just released a new line of shoes!” Tao happily explained as he watched Gucci’s fashion show on their room. Kris only groaned at the sight in his laptop.

(They weren’t supposed to be allowed to have one but Kris has his ways… and besides, Kris is pretty sure Jongin was aware of its existence but chooses to ignore.)

“No Tao. You just bought a year’s supply of clothes last week. Not to mention you maxed out almost all of my cards.” Kris protested. Tao pouted and went back to watching the show.

Although it was also not allowed to buy things outside – any contact really – Tao is an exception to that rule. No, it wasn’t favoritism. Nor was it blackmail… but it could also be considered as that? It’s just that with one aegyo of Tao, Kris and Jongin is a goner – every one of them actually.

“But gege, those were just clothes. I didn’t buy any shoes. And besides, I also needed new shoes to go with my new clothes.” Tao persisted but Kris only rolled his eyes.

“How about you’re old ones? If I remember correctly they were still perfectly fine.”

“But you said it yourself! They’re old!” Cue a sigh.

“Tao-“

“Buing~ Buing~” Everything stopped. Literally. Or at least in Kris’ view. Even the ongoing fashion show of Gucci’s newest line stopped. The only thing that moved was the cute thing in front of Kris.

A few minutes passed with things like that. Until a groan full of pain was heard.

“Don’t max it out.” Kris warned as he handed the last of his credit cards to Tao. But he knows it’s useless – just like every other time.

Tao squealed and – while taking the card – kissed Kris on the cheeks and proceeded on trying to buy almost all of the shoes. This continued on for some time – Tao buying and Kris reading a book – until someone barged unto their room.

“Gege who is it?” Tao asked, not leaving his eyes from the laptop screen. He was answered with silence. This made him frown.

“Gehe wha-“ Tao stopped on his tracks. There in front of the door lay a bloody and obviously dead Kris. Tao shakily approached him.

“Gege what’s going on? Are you getting back at me for maxing your cards?” Tao asked, trying really hard to hold his tears from spilling. He promised Kris that he would never cry, and he had all intentions on keeping it – especially now that Kris seems to be dead.

Dead? No that can’t be. Kris promised Tao that he will never leave him like his brother did. Isn’t the reason why his brother left him was also because he died? Then why did Kris die? He’s not supposed to leave him, he promised his brother! Then – again – why did Kris die and leave him alone?

All these thoughts were running in Tao mind making him confused that – despite his training in wushu – he didn’t felt the presence behind him. When he did, it was already too late.

 He was now a cold body on top of his beloved.


“Now you’re all nice and shiny, just like a real unicorn is!” Lay emotionlessly exclaimed as he continued to shine his 1000th unicorn figurine. The only thing betraying his emotion is his eyes shining with love as he looked at his exactly 1000 figurines.

“Hah… when do you think would I find a real unicorn?” He asked on one of his figurines as he re-polished it. (There was still a minuscule spot near the ear) After polishing it he went towards his towering albums full of unicorns and unicorn sightings.

“I want to go to Netherlands…” Lay muttered as he flipped through his photo album, staring at a particular picture where the “Unicorn Man” was smiling. He also unconsciously smiled along it, his fingers caressing it lovingly.

“Just you wait my beloved unicorns… we will meet someday.” Lay promised to himself as he continued flipping through the album. Now the only thing hindering his dream is this ward.

“I’ll be a good boy so that I can leave this place and finally search for you. Hope you won’t make it too hard for me.” Lay muttered to his pictures as he started to open another album. He was too absorbed in admiring the unicorns that he didn’t notice someone already entered his room.

“Such a shame… and you were my favorite out of all of them…” Someone muttered. This made Lay turn back but he was greeted with a knife instead. A knife that was currently protruding on his chest.

His being was full of regret as he let out his final breath.

Regret of not seeing one real unicorn before he died…


“Isn’t the light just wonderful Yeol?” Baekhyun asked with a mesmerizing smile as he stared at the florescent light. Baekhyun didn’t need to see Chanyeol nod his head to know the boy agreed with him. He just knows. After all Chanyeol agrees to anything he does and says all the time.

“But of course nothing can top your creations.” Baekhyun stated with an even better smile as he looked towards Chanyeol with shining eyes. This brightened Chanyeol more. But still a nagging feeling deep in his chest says that no matter how beautiful the smiles Baekhyun gives him – there is no love in them. Only admiration. And this never fails in deflating his mood.

Chanyeol knows better than anyone that whatever he does for Baekhyun isn’t enough to make him reciprocate his feelings for him. But this doesn’t stop him from trying nonetheless.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol started. Beakhyun only hummed in reply – telling him that he is listening. “You know I love you right?” Chanyeol said with his usual bright smile. Baekhyun looked towards him and gave him a bright smile before going back to admiring the light. Not even a “yes” or an “I love you” or even a simple nod. Nothing. Just a smile. But this is already enough for Chanyeol. At least he wasn’t flat out rejected.

Chanyeol didn’t know how long this lasted – with Baekhyun admiring the light and him admiring Baekhyun – but it was interrupted with a knock on their door.

“Can you get it Yeolie~?” Baekhyun asked, not leaving his eyes from the light. Chanyeol stood up from his bed and went towards the door.

“Yes?” Chanyeol asked to the person in front of him. But he was answered with a flaming torch thrown in his way, making burst in flames.

“AHHHH!!!” He shouted. Seeing the flames burn him and feeling the stinging effect it gives. He wants to run – but after seeing a lot of people do that, he knows it’s useless. So he just stays still and accept everything the flames has to give him – while making sure to be away from Baekhyun to avoid him being burned.

But it looks like Baekhyun has other plans. As he was now going approaching Chanyeol and trying to reach what to him is probably the most beautiful sight.

Glorious” Baekhyun mutters while still going near Chanyeol. Not seeing the intruder in their room wearing a very wide and satisfied smile. Nope, Baekhyun doesn’t care about anything at the moment other than the breathtaking sight and trying to grab it.

Amidst all the pain, Chanyeol feels a hand on his shoulder. He unconsciously turns towards it and to his horror, Baekhyun was standing there. The fire now starting to crawl on his sleeves. Chanyeol wants to pull away from and run far but there is something holding him back.

Finally – finally – Baekhyun is looking at him with so much adoration and love that Chanyeol can’t help but smile and hug him tightly. A part of his brain tells him that what Baekhyun loves isn’t him but the flames surrounding him that lights him up. But his heart immediately shuts it down – perfectly contented that before he dies Baekhyun finally reciprocated his love.

And that’s how they spent their last moments together: both their wishes having been fulfilled,

Chanyeol’s to be finally loved by Baekhyun. And for Baekhyun…

For Baekhyun to see who he considers to be the most beautiful person light up. Thinking it to be the most beautiful sight.

And he wasn’t disappointed.


“So what were you and Jongin talking about?” Suho drilled D.O. for the umpteenth time since Jongin left the kitchen. D.O. sighed for also the umpteenth time.

“How many times do I have to tell you, Joonmyun, that he only came for the food. Jeeze, will you stop that!” D.O. retorted back annoyed. Suho noticed the use of his real name, indicationg how annoyed D.O. already is.

“Well I wouldn’t be this worried if I didn’t know about Jongin’s existing crush on you.” Suho mumbled. More to himself than to D.O. but D.O. heard it nonetheless.

“Why do you care anyways? So what if Jongin has a crush on me? I believe that’s none of your business already!” D.O. snapped out, already having enough of Suho’s protectiveness.

Ever since all the patients decided to get Jongin drunk – leading to him confessing his feelings to D.O. and since then D.O. noticed that Suho had gotten extra protective of him, almost bordering on possessiveness. And D.O. didn’t know why but it invoked special feelings inside him that he can’t explain. And surprisingly he doesn’t mind them one bit.

D.O.’s statement finally snapped whatever patience Suho has left for the in-denial boy. “BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU ALL THIS TIME!” Suho snapped out. Making D.O. dumbfounded and widen his eyes twice its normal size. “And don’t you dare say anything, Kyungsoo. Because I know you also love me but you’re far into denial and your pride to admit it to yourself!” Suho hissed before smirking at seeing the younger boy blush ten shades of red.

“W-wha…?” before D.O. can continue what he was supposed to say, Suho already pushed him towards the refrigerator – attacking his lips as soon as D.O.’s back hit the refrigerator door.

D.O. was confused. He didn’t know about the elder’s feelings for him but contrary to what Suho believed – he has always known his feelings for the older man. He was just good at hiding it. And it wasn’t pride that hinders him but actually because he was afraid that the moment he would confess, Suho would only laugh at his face and leave him hanging.But this… he wasn’t prepared for this. Not that he’s complaining.

So with that thought’s in mind he threw all thoughts in the window and decided to enjoy this mind boggling kiss. It was minutes before the two parted because of air. When what happened finally sank in, Suho can’t help but smile widely and D.O. blush profusely.

“So does this mean what I think it does?” Suho cheekily asked. D.O. only blushed harder before gathering all his strength and nodded.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” D.O. replied. This widens Suho’s smile even more and he was about to lean in and steal another kiss when someone interrupted them – mush to Suho’s dislike.

“Well isn’t this sweet?” the bastard person commented. Making D.O.’s blush darken and annoy Suho more.

“Well if you already noticed then what the-“ Suho was interrupted when person stabbed him in the neck, effectively cutting off what he wanted to say and managing to rip a blood curling scream off of D.O.

“SUHO!” D.O. shouted as he tried to grab his lover and stop him from falling on the floor. His tears flowing like waterfalls from his eyes which Suho immediately wipes away before kissing his plump lips and finally allowing sleep to take over – knowing full well he won’t wake up again.

“W-why…?” D.O. asked. He wanted to shout, to also kill the bastard. But he can’t, his body won’t move, still shock at the sight of his lover’s dead body. And to think they were just starting…

But D.O. doesn’t dwell on this anymore. Because before he knows it, he has already joined his lover, leaving his cold dead body beside Suho’s…


“THAT’S IT! I’VE HAD ENOUGH!” a shout can be heard from Luhan’s room and no, it wasn’t from him but from his Twin brother Sehun. “I’VE DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU BUT WHY WON’T YOU EVEN SPARE ME A GLANCE?!”

Sehun had enough. All this time, since Luhan protected him from their abusive parents, he has been in love with his twin brother. But it seems like no matter what he does it was only wasted as the apple of his eye only wants those dead bodies of his that – despite Jongin’s consistency of hiding them – still manages to find their way back to Luhan’s room – due to Sehun.

See? This is what Sehun is talking about. He would willingly do anything for Luhan, even kill himself and be a part of Luhan’s – still – growing collection of dead bodies. At least in that way Sehun knows that his brother would finally look at his way and possibly love him. But every time he commits suicide, Luhan stops him. Cruelly filling his heart with hope before crushing it mercilessly with Luhan ignoring him.

To say Luhan was surprised was an understatement. He was flabbergasted. Sehun never acts like this with him. He was always very obedient like a puppy ready to do Luhan’s every bidding. And he doesn’t know why but this is taking a toll on him. Mush to his disappointment.

He thought that every feeling he has for his brother vanished since the day he killed their parents. After all, he was pretty sure he hated his brother for turning him into what he is right now thus leading for him to be trapped in this hellhole.

And besides, the last time Luhan remembered his brother was obsessed with him and not in love. There’s a difference within the two. One that Luhan knows well after all he already crossed that line a lot of times. But he wasn’t aware he crossed the line between hate and love.

“This will be last time I’ll be here hyung. I’ll ask Jongin to give me D.O. in exchange of you.” Sehun meekly said. But it went to deaf ears as Luhan was still busy re thinking his feeling for the younger one. “Good bye hyung… and I love you.” Sehun whispered. Hoping Luhan has heard it but unfortunately the older was still thingking. Sehun tried to hold back his tears as he opened the door, ready to leave but it looks like fate has other plans. And that is for Sehun to never leave the room for eternity.

He was welcomed with a stab on his stomach.

And he saw the horrified expression Luhan held before blacking out.


(Back to the present)

Luhan was still there, looking at his brother’s dead body, now already aware of the other presence in the room.

“Why did you do it Jongin? Or should I call you Kai from now on?” Luhan asked while slowly facing the person responsible for all of the deaths in the ward.

“But I thought you wanted dead bodies Luhan dear? Are you not satisfied with it? Should I give you more?” Jongin – now called Kai – replied with a wicked grin while walking towards Luhan and stopping in front of Sehun’s body.

“BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL SEHUN TOO!?” Luhan snapped and shouted at Kai. While Kai only looked at him innocently, the sight not really matching the evil grin still painted on his lips.

“But I thought you wanted him dead?” Kai blinked innocently. Now looking like a lost child who didn’t know what he did wrong. Luhan was this close on killing him on the spot. Sure he doesn’t care what Kai does to the other patients but he clearly warned him not to touch Sehun. Because despite his hatred – or what he thought was – there is still a part of him that Sehun owns. And no amount of beautiful dead bodies can replace that.

Luhan had enough – he tackled Kai and proceeded on trying to take the knife from his hands. But it looks like Kai anticipated this move so he swiftly stepped backwards and with the agility he managed as a dancer and not to mention army man before, he went behind Luhan and knocked him up before impaling the knife in his back.

He does this for more than five times. Kai was enjoying this too much that he didn’t notice his hold on Jongin was loosening. It was already too late when he noticed. Jongin had already taken control over their body and was looking at his work horrifyingly.

“W-wha…?” Jongin muttered. The sight of a clearly battered and bloody Luhan – and not to mention Sehun’s dead body – shaking him to the core. He horrifyingly looked back to his hand and saw it covered with blood. And not just that. But also his white coat. The bottom part is covered with dried blood that Jongin knew wasn’t Luhan’s or Sehun’s.

“What have I done?” Jongin asked to himself before his legs lose their strength and he slid down towards the floor. Not taking his eyes from the knife still protruding on Luhan’s back. Unconsciously – as if on auto-pilot – he took it out of Luhan’s back – ignoring the waterfall of blood that came with it and held it at his throat. And without any thinking slashed it. Completely ending his life.


Everyone from the neighborhood was surprised when they heard a big explosion coming from the resident psychiatric ward.

When they went to check on it they saw it already being engulfed by flames, Prompting everyone to immediately call the fire department.


(A week later at SuJu Ward)

“Do you remember Jongin? The patient we had who had a double personality who is now a doctor himself and already opened his own ward?” Marnell asked Leeteuk, as the two of them held their annual meetings where Marnell asks for their patient’s progresses.

“Of course how can I forget about him? Such a sweet child. Too bad he got destroyed by his alter ego.” Leeteuk replied. Marnell only hummed as she continued to flip through her brother’s and father’s charts. “What about it?” Leeteuk asked.

“It looks like his ward just burned down.” Marnell replied as she handed Leeteuk a newspaper with the headlines saying

NEWLY OPENED WARD AT EXO TOWN WAS BURNED TO ASHES”

“If I remember correctly, his ward was situated at EXO town. And if I’m right, there is only one ward in there.” Marnell continued, now flipping to the Choi family’s charts. “According to there, after the fire was put off, all the patients were found dead. Having been stabbed and two others who were thought to have burned down with the fire. But the funny thing is, the director – Jongin – wasn’t found. And still now is reported to be missing.” This snapped Leeteuk from his trance as he stared back at Marnell.

“Missing?”