Chapter 1

The Begining Of The End

Everything was in slow motion.

From the moment Sehun was stabbed and when he fell on the ground. As much as how Luhan loved the beauty of dead bodies, he realized - too late - he didn't like the sight of Sehun's cold dead body.

"Se-Sehun-ah? Sehun-ah! Ya Sehun-ah wake up! SEHUN!" Luhan shouted as he desperately shook his brother's limp body. Praying to any God out there for this to be a dream.

"Dream? he... he... he... That's right. This is a dream. There's no way Sehun would leave me. He loves me too much to do that." He stared one more time at Sehun's pale and lifeless body. He has never seen a sight more beautiful yet at the same time ugly. He preferred the pinkish cheeks that would turn red every time he is near. He lovingly caressed those cheeks while planting a soft kiss on Sehun's plump yet cold and pale lips.

"Please wake up. The jokes over. I promise to cherish you more and if you want, I could stop collecting dead bodies and I would dedicate my whole life to you, just like before." Luhan bargained as he continued to caress Sehun's cheek. Smearing blood all over it. From across the room, on the door, the real proprietor was standing, smiling wickedly - as he have always found these heart wrenching scenes the most entertaining rather than seeing pure fear on the eyes of his victims - as his knife glimmered in the fluorescent light.


(12 hours earlier)

 

It was a normal day at the EXO Mental Ward. You could hear the manical laugh of Xiumin and Chen as they pulled another prank on our cute Tao who was already in tears and Kris' booming voice as he shouted towards the person's who caused the panda to cry. We could see Chanyeol and Baekhyun running around as they tried to catch each other. D.O. and Suho bickering once again and Lay emotionlessly cooing at unicorn pictures and figurines while Sehun was once again trying to please the indifferent Luhan.

Jongin smiled fondly as he looked at his patients repeat their usual doings. But a part of him is anxious. No matter how usual the day was, there is a nagging feeling in his chest that tells him there is more to this day, whether it's a good or bad no one knows.

"Where are you going Jongin?" Kris asked as he was busy shushing the crying Tao. Jongin looked at him and smiled.

"I still have some papers I forgot to sign. Please remind D.O. lunch would be at 12." he said before saying good bye to his patients and left the lobby. He arrived minutes later on hid office and stared at the stack of papers compiled on his table. Thank god for giving him Sehun. The both of them are the only Doctors in the ward as it was newly established just last year.

Before Jongin became a Doctor, he was also a patient from another ward. He was diagnosed as having a Double Personality. It may have been fine if it weren't for the fact that Kai - the name his other self adopted - was a serial killer. But that was all in the past. Now Kai was gone and only Jongin was left. He became a doctor and opened the ward in tribute to the doctor who helped him heal.

Sehun on the other hand, only applied to the ward to follow his twin brother Luhan. Jongin met Luhan a year before and noticed he had a major obsession with dead bodies. Being the helpful person that he is, he took Luhan and brought him to the ward. When Sehun found out about it, he immediately applied and got in. Sehun is quite overprotective with Luhan and Jongin even have guesses that Sehun loves Luhan more than a brother should. Well, Jongin doesn't blame him.

When Sehun was still young, he was maltreated by his parents. And being his twin brother, Luhan always protected him to their parents. Since he was the favorite twin, his parents wouldn't do anything to him and would leave Sehun for a while. It wasn't until their parent's beatings have escalated that Luhan had enough and accidentally killed their parents. Due to that, Luhan started his unhealthy obsession with dead bodies and Sehun's obsession with his brother.

Speaking of obsessions, Jongin also have a patient with a major obsession of lights. Baekhyun got obsessed with lights when the apartment complex he was living in got burned down together with his parents. It wouldn't have been a problem if his obsession for lights were only up to that. But no, he's obsessed with people lighting up in flames. It also didn't help that he's childhood friend - Chanyeol - would spoil him and is the one burning people up in flames to feed Baekhun's wants.

Chanyeol is the resident pyromaniac. He was admitted to the ward when he was arrested for burning people down. His lawyer pleaded insanity and thus marked his days as a patient in the EXO Ward. Since Chanyeol was all Baekhyun had - and not to mention the only person who could understand him, he admitted himself to he ward and followed Chanyeol. Speaking of which, Chanyeol was also the one who burned the apartment complex of Baekhyun when he was playing with candles.

If Jongin have people obsessed with fire, then of course the ward also has someone obsessed with water. Suho - one of Jongin's rich patients - drowns people to death. He was caught then his lawyer pleaded insanity. His obsession of drowning people started when his father - who was a fisherman - died while drowning. In Suho's twisted version of avenging his father, he also drowns people. Now you might be wondering on why Suho is one of the richest patients in the ward. It was because Suho's mother was the wife of a very rich businessman. Yes, you guessed right, Suho is a bastard son. When his father died, his mother took him in and was for the first time introduced to his half-brother D.O.

now just like his half-brother, D.O. also drowns people. but not in water but soil. How he does that? He shoves soil onto his victims mouth until the soil blokes the victims air passage way and dies. Aren't these brothers just brutal? Not exactly. D.O is actually a really nice person. Too nice that Jongin even harbored a crush on him. But it all went down the drain when Jongin found out that D.O. is in love with Suho. And the feeling is actually reciprocated. Anyways, let's go back to D.O. and not dwell at Jongin's failure in love. Yes, he is nice. Even called the Umma of their little- 12 person family. The reason why he became like that is because he was used on being the best. But then Suho arrived in his life and took the spot light. Thus marking the start of D.O. wanting to be better than his older half brother. While Suho, on the other hand, also wouldn't want to be defeated. And that's how their competition started. Even when Suho was arrested and sent to the Ward, D.O. followed Suho and admitted himself. How love managed to creep up to their hearts, Jongin doesn't know. But he is thankful for it. Because it means there is still hope for the both of them.

If D.O. likes using soil, then Jongin also has another patient who likes to burry people alive. But not on ground, on ice. Xiumin was the son of the boss of one particular Chinese Triad. There was one time when - since he was the son of the boss thus making him the next in line - he was kidnapped by one of their Russian Mafia enemies and was buried in Siberia alive. Luckily, he managed to escape but that also marked the start of his killings. Until he met his current boyfriend Chen who was also a killer like him. They decided to leave their past behind and start anew with each other. So they admitted themselves to the ward.

Chen on the other hand, likes to electrocute people. This hobby of his started when he was still young. Due to poverty, his parents sold him to a brotherel. There was a particular customer of his that liked using tazers during . Chen loved the feel of it and since then has been using tazers in . He met Xiumin when the baozi decided to look for his next victim at Chen's brothrel. It was safe to say it was love at first sight for the very wrong reasons. Xuimin was awed by Chen's pale complexion and decided it will go well with the pure white of his beloved snow. While Chen's reason was just he wanted a new . And Xuimin fitted that description. After their first night the both of them were inseparable.

That's not the only thing. Jongin also has a patient that is obsessed with flying. Kris got influenced by a best friend of him who was a big fan of Super Man. Kris' best friend wanted to prove to Kris - who was at that time didn't believe that people have super natural powers and can fly - so his best friend jumped in a building and tried to fly. Sad to say the only thing he achieved was a broken neck and a traumatized Kris. His mind became twisted and for the sake of his best friend, he is in search of someone who could fly. Thus the start of him trowing people off buildings. He was caught and his lawyer pleaded insanity. Admitting Kris to the ward.

Of course he's not alone. Kris' lover - Tao, who also happens to be the younger brother of Kris' best friend - is the same like him. Although his was of killing is different than Kris'. Tao Targets those high end people that will about to reach 17. Four days before their birthday, he kidnaps and for everyday where their birthday is nearing, he slashes a line unto his victims body until it became a hourglass on the fourth day and he finally kills them. How this started? According to Kris - because Tao refused to talk to anyone other than Kris on their first weeks at the ward - when Tao was still young, due to them being rich, Tao was kidnapped four days before his 17nth birthday. On the fourth day, he was about to be killed if the police didn't arrive on time. He was saved but it left a great impact on him. Thus started his killing sprees. He got admitted to the ward since he wanted to by Kris' side.

And Jongin's last patient Lay. He's what you'd call a obsessive Psychopath. Lay is obsessed with unicorns. It may have been fine but it has escalated to the point where he would stick poles on humans forehead, just like the horn of a unicorn. This habit of his started when he was still young. Even before then Lay was already obsessed with unicorns. But then a traveling circus hit their town and coincidentally there was a human unicorn there. He wasn't exactly a half-human, half-unicorn but just a person who happens to have a long bulge in his forehead - like a unicorn does. Lay was fascinated by this and thus started turning most of the people he meets like that. By sticking poles in their foreheads.

Although that was all in the past. Now Jongin could proudly say that his patients are slowly healing. It may be slow but at least it's working.

Jongin smiled to himself and started working on the papers. Halfway there, he remembered something and went out of his office - a malicious and very sadistic smirk that would make even the devil himself scared - as he walked through the familiar halls of his ward.


A/N: And that's a wrap! The first chapter would be about their backgrounds while the killing would start in the succeeding chapters. I plan this to be a two-shot only but who knows? It may be longer...