What Happened At Midnight? - Part 2

Isn't It Destiny?

Hyuna slightly pouted. She just couldn’t help laughing inside with Woohyun’s words. But anyway, there he was picking a small bar of chocolate from the box, broke a piece and then his hand moved near Hyuna’s mouth.

 

-          Say ah!

 

-          What? – Hyuna  winced – That’s so greasy.

 

Although showing her oppose to his word, Hyuna still opened so that Woohyun put the chocolate piece between her sets of teeth. Hyuna slowly chewed. Illness made her sense of taste a bit awful as she just could feel the bitterness instead of sweetness of milk chocolate. Looking at the girl eating chocolate, Woohyun asked:

 

-          Is it fine?

 

-          Uhm – She mumbled and nodded – Delicious.

 

And after Hyuna swallowed the chocolate, she was handed with the glass of water by Woohyun.

 

Then the cycle of feeding-eating-drinking repeated a few more times. It seemed like Hyuna had forgot what she wanted to ask Woohyun, about the reason for him to be here. Because another feeling was dominating her then. The feeling that had been sleeping for such a long time, the feeling of being taken care by a guy in a lovely way like that, the feeling that was last experienced also when she was sick and Woohyun brought food for her.

 

They were having sweet moments when someone suddenly broke into:

 

-          Kim Hyuna-ssi, are you there?

 

Both Hyuna and Woohyun startled. Then the sound of someone trying to open the door caught their ears. It sounded like the nurse had heard Hyuna’s scream and she thought there was something unexpected happening.

 

-          I’m ok… - Hyuna hurriedly shouted while quickly putting her blanket on Woohyun and pulled him down on the bed – You…you..don’t need to worry.

 

-          I heard you scream so I thought there might be something – the nurse continued – Have you felt any better?

 

-          Ye…yes…I’m ok now.

 

-          Alright, if there’s something unexpected, remember to call me.

 

-          Yeah…Thank you a lot.

 

When the sound of the nurse’s footstep was far away, Hyuna sighed with relief and her hands which were holding tightly the blanket loosened. Woohyun sat up, still with the blanket covering him and asked:

 

-          She’s gone?

 

-          Uhm – Hyuna nodded – I’m just dying if she keeps on doing such the thing.

 

-          It seem like they take much care to you…so it doesn’t sound safe to go back home now. Shall I stay here for a night?

 

Hyuna widened her eyes. What the hell had he just said? Hadn’t he just told Hyuna that whether he should stay. Here? For a night? When there was only him and her? In a room? What was on his mind then? Was he drunk?

All her questions were conveyed into one line:

 

-          But this is the hospital…

 

-          Ey – Woohyun replied – this is a VIP room and no one would broke into your privacy and… - He used his fingers to rub his forehead – actually I had a drink before going here so…maybe I’m too tired to take a cab now…

 

Hyuna sniffed. She knew it. He must be drunk to say such thing all of the sudden. But what if Hyuna refused to let him stay? Would it ever happen that he would got into trouble with his current condition? Drunk people never knew how to keep themselves safe. In this case, what Woohyun needed was to keep himself from the other people at the hospital, who might questioned his presence here. But he was drunk, which meant he couldn’t be conscious as usual. If so…

 

-          You can stay but just sleep and go home early next morning, ok?

 

-          What about you?

 

-          I would guard for you – Hyuna shrugged and put a pillow between them while leaning towards the inner side of the bed – I’ve been sleeping much already.

 

-          So I won’t be polite.

 

Then Woohyun lied down at once on the bed and breathed out hard. It seemed he was really tired.

Hyuna decided to put on the headphone to listen to some music. She thought that if she was to fall asleep, she would sleep with such posture. But a few minutes later, when Woohyun changed his posture to pull the blanket over his face, his leather jacket caused annoying sound, which made Hyuna have to raise her voice:

 

-          You should take off your jacket. It looks uncomfortable.

 

-          You – Woohyun winked – might feel regretted telling me to do so.

 

And he took off the jacket. Then, Hyuna realized he was absolutely right as he only wore a sleeveless  black t-shirt inside, which showed clearly his muscular arm and vaguely some sights of his abs. Really, she felt really regretted. But she knew she couldn’t just tell him to put on the jacket again. She was the one to tell him to take off anyway; therefore, Hyuna just rolled her eyes and pulled the blanket towards Woohyun without saying a word.

 

The night went on with Hyuna continuing listening to music and Woohyun sleeping next to each other. Gradually, music made Hyuna fall asleep and when Woohyun woke up for the first time during the night, he found her dozing off and her headphone were about to fall from her ears. He smiled and mumbled:

 

-          You call this guarding for me?

 

Then he sat up and put his arms around her neck, gently held her body and let her lie down on the bed. Woohyun put the thick blanket on Hyuna and used his hand to wipe away the hair gluing on her face. Doing so, his finger touched her lips. the lips were dry and pale because of sickness. Woohyun just looked at her, slowly sighed with another smile on his face. Hyuna was sleeping so well.

 

Exactly 3 hours later, when the clock was ticking four times, Hyuna opened her eyes. And she found that Woohyun was about to pull the door. He had already had his jacket on, which meant he was going to leave. She sat up:

 

-          You’re leaving now?

 

-          Uh. – Woohyun turned to her with a bit startling – You have to eat all those chocolate.

 

-          I know. You should be careful then.

 

Woohyun’s hand left the doorhandle. He walked towards her side and shrugged mischievously:

 

-          No one would think there is a strange guy in the room of 4Minute Hyuna!

 

-          Shhh – Hyuna replied with nasal voice – No one is as bold as you!

 

-          I’m leaving now. Take care!

 

Saying goodbye, the guy gently pulled the girl towards him and place a kiss on her forehead. Without expectation from her. And without a hesitation from him.

 

Then he stood up and quickly walked out of the room.

 

Woohyun had just left. There was only Hyuna staying. She took a few second to swallow what had happened to her and then with excitement, she lied down, pulling her blanket over her face and laughed merrily. That was another kiss. Not a kiss on lips but anyway, it was a kiss. Hyuna touched her forehead, where the kiss was put on and she kept on smiling.