You Are Our Rivals?

Isn't It Destiny?

4MINUTE’S DORM

 

Knock knock knock…

 

The door of the dorm was being knocked at. Sohyun, being the one lying near the door the most, sleepily stood up and step by step walked to open the door.

 

She didn’t expect when it opened, a camera had been waiting to record her outside. And the VJ had just only asked “Sohyun-ssi, have all the members woken up already?” when Sohyun quickly closed the door and called all her unnies to wake up.

 

-          Jihyun unnie, Jihyun unnie…- She shoke Jihyun, who was about to fall off her bed. – Wake up. We have problems!

 

-          What kind of problem? – Gayoon asked from the upper bed.

 

Sohyun used her fingers to comb her hair and looked at Gayoon:

 

-          Unnie, which show do we have for schedule today?

 

-          Today ? – Hyuna, who had just got back from the hospital the night before questioned. She shook her head a few times, trying to remember -  I remember there’s no show.

 

-          If not, why are they waiting to film us out there?

 

-          What?

 

Having heard of camera waiting outside the dorm, the four older girls all sat up and with the speed of light, they rushed into the toilet to do washup. While brushing her teeth, Jihyun suddenly knocked her head:

 

-          Ouch I forgot!

 

-          Forgot what? – The others all looked at Jihyun with a hope that what Jihyun had forgotten was not something so terrible.

 

-          Actually today we have to film a new variety shoe and they did tell me that they would record early at our dorm.

 

-          Done. We’re done.

 

Gayoon spitted the mouthwash out and exclaimed:

 

-          How can you forget schedule like that? Then they would think we have star phenomenon!

 

INFINITE’S DORM

 

-          Do you know what hell is? - Sungjong said to the VJ when placing bowls on the table. – It is to wake up early and prerpare breakfast for the six hyungs who just want to sleep.

 

-          Ya Lee Sungjong, I heard that – Woohyun intervened from the kitchen – Only five. Who is cooking breakfast now? A ghost, huh?

 

Sungjong pretended not to hear Woohyun. He continued groaning:

 

-          You see? Being a maknae doesn’t mean that you are loved and taken good care of…Haizzz…

 

-          If so, you have to fight for your right Sungjong-ssi – said the VJ smiling behind the camera – Today, ah no, the next two days will be a struggle for all of you.

 

Then another member of Infinite turned up on the frame. It was Hoya with a question:

 

-          But I can’t get it. Why do we have to compete with a girlgroup? Isn’t it a bit unfair?

 

-          I think so, too – Sungjong added – If we win, people will think it is because we are guys but if we lose to them, they might question if we are real men or not. We are not in good situation all the way.

 

-          That’s the reason why she told you to struggle!

 

L also appeared with a mug of water on his hand and smirked to Sungjong. The maknae just shrugged as if he wanted to say “Just wait and see what would happen to us today!”

 

The seven members of Infinite pushed each other onto the van and they headed to the outskirts of Seoul. This was the first time after a long period that they travelled to the outskirt in the morning. Most of them were wowed with the beautifully peaceful scene outside the window when the van drove them out of the busy and modern city. But one of them wasn’t so into sightseeing.

 

As he had just realized they were on the way to the same destination that he had his first date with the girl he currently had feelings for.

 

And when the van stopped at the village entrance gate, Sunggyu was definitely overwhelmed to see how things hadn’t changed since then. The scene didn’t change, only people’s feelings might have changed through time. But Jiyoon might be the one that changed, not him.

 

Sunggyu was the last to step out of the van. He slowly walked to join his teammates in front of the camera. The PD started to introduce to Infinite rules of the show while Sungyeol raised his voice, looking around as if he was finding something:

 

-          Where’s the other girlgroup PDnim? They must be here already!

 

-          No Sungyeol-ssi – The PD replied him – They will come in another time and this is also your first task. To look for your rivals in this show’s game.

 

The seven boys burst out with laughs. Awkward laughs as the first task for them was so lame. Dongwoo couldn’t help chuckling to whisper to Hoya’s ear:

 

-          I wonder if they run out of ideas for variety show or not…

 

-          Shhh – Hoya shushed, pressing his finger on his lips – You want to be scolded, huh? They might run out, it means that they might do anything, including scolding us!

 

-          Okay man!

 

-          But after we found them – Woohyun asked . He looked a bit tired as recently he hadn’t slept very well – What will be our next tasks during two days and one night out?

 

-          That’s the question, Woohyun ssi!

 

The PD smiled at them as he handed Woohyun with a small notebook with brown hardcover. Infinite members automatically gathered around Woohyun and he read out loud the rules printed inside the notebook. Nearly a minute later, on their face, there was only a hard-to-describe expression as the rule went:

 

“During two days and one night, you will have to stay in a tent together and do voluntary work for this village as well as take part in some other games against your rivals. What is more important, your life during this period will be without any electric appliances and you have to do all the daily routines on your own! Good luck with the upcoming vacation as this is REAL chance for you to evaluate your ability to survive!”

 

All they could react to the rule was just an exclamation from Sungjong:

 

-          That’s the reason why they said I had to struggle.

 

-          This is just more than a struggle. – Sungyeol pulled on a miserable face towards the staff – You guys are really killing us!

 

One of the staff replied to Sungyeol as well as the other members who appeared to be also miserable just like him:

 

-          According to our news, the other team doesn’t have such kind of feeling. You guys should prove that you guys are real guys!

 

-          You don’t think we are real men? – Dongwoo asked with a laugh and then Hoya, with his sharp tongue, followed with a joke – Don’t you want us to show you?

 

-          Ya stop Howon ah – Sunggyu winced – You’re making the show be rated !

 

Time for get-to-know was over and Infinite got into their first task. Their first task was not really to look for their rivals. Actually, it was to carry water from the shared well of the village to fill villagers’ water tubs. When they did that work, they might bump into their rivals accidentally and they had to identify quickly within the 3 hours allowed for the first task.

 

Infinite divided them into 3 different teams with Sunggyu and Dongwoo in the team named “Healthy hyungs” while Woohyun and Hoya made up another team called “SS” which, according to Hoya, stood for “swag” and “y”. And the last team consisted of the youngest ones so they were named simply “Maknae Line”.

 

“Maknae line” team, as expected, appeared to be very active and enthusiasm from the start. They quickly loaded the heavy buckets full of water onto a carriage and rode it to the furthest area of the village. It was their luck to enjoy the beautiful scene on the way going to each house and fill up the water for the olds in the village. When L was taking two empty buckets out of a house, he caught sight of two girls in blond hair, who, although wearing farming clothes, completely stood out with their hair color. He immediately noticed and told the VJ who was filming him:

 

-          Aren't they our rivals? They look different from the other people. Should I follow them?

 

The VJ shrugged like “It’s up to you.” L put a smile on his face and secretly followed the two girls who had just passed by without noticing him. He quickly caught up and stood behind them. The nearer he approached, the more familiar those girls seemed to him. And L decided to reach out his hand, tapped on one of the girl’s shoulder.

 

The girl startled a bit and turned round.

 

L widened his eyes and his mouth let out a short word:

 

-          You?

 

The other girls were also surprised to see L stand in front of them. They exclaimed:

 

-          L-ssi? Why you are here?

 

-          So Infinite are our rivals? – The second girl with blond-dipped hair asked him.

 

L didn’t answer. Instead, he gave them a question:

 

-          4Minute you guys are our rivals?

 

-          Oh my god! We can’t believe this! – Both girls looked at each other and pulled on a grin.

 

-          Me too. – L also grinned brightly - How can I believe that I meet Jihyun-ssi and Gayoon-ssi all of the sudden like this?