Hope

아름다워(Beautiful)

아름다워…

Part (I)

Chapter -(1)

 

 

My life is so simple. Well, at least, right now. Actually, my life’s filled with peace for now, but who knows what’d bring tomorrow? There were times like that, when I didn’t even know what my life would be in the next morning. Starting from when I, Lee Taemin, was just a young delicate boy, filled with his own dreams.

 

Let’s see from where everything started…

______________________________________________________________________

 

The wind hit my cheeks constantly as I viewed Seoul’s evening beauty from our car’s window. It was just a small van, really. My family’s not that rich. And that was like me and my dad’s daily routine before dinner, taking our dog, “Ha-mo-nni”, a walk and driving around Seoul with our little family van. With dad, driving and me, tagging along to take care of Ha-mo-nni as I’m exhausted from school and dance practice. Dance practice, yes, have I ever mentioned about my dreams?

Dancing… That’s all I wanted to do throughout my life. Is that even possible? I don’t care. I didn’t care. Later, I knew that I should care more about things. That’s what mom always said to me actually. But I didn’t really listen. That’s why I’m tired by dance practice now. Mom said I should gain some weight and then I could dance all I want. But no, what did I do? I believed I could dance all I want if I wanted to. But now I’m exhausted.

Again, dancing-moving rhythmically to music, typically following a set of sequence of steps. Why did I ever like this, no, love this? Maybe because it could make our eyes sparkle with pleasure and excitement. I love that anyway, in every way. Dancing invaded my life since grade three. It was like I was born with it. Maybe it’s true. After all, dancing was the beginning of my whole life.

After driving around for a while more, dad and I arrived home. It was just normal but I felt like something’s going on. Maybe it’s just me. It’s just a normal day. My brother opened the door for us as usual. I picked Ha-mo-nni and screwed into the house. Nothing special or new. Mom was in the kitchen, preparing dinner for us so that I had to go take a bath, quick.

I was just going to take a bath, heading to the bathroom; an image was caught from the corner of my eye. It was my parents. They never really do that. Was it about me? Was it because of money problem? Thousands of thoughts running through my brain as the nerves started to roll across my body. I was a little trembling. It must have been money. They had spent some money on my dance course a few months ago. I had to practice for-

“Aren’t you going to take a bath?”

The voice of my older brother made me jump, like the nerves just connected to an electric bulb.

 “Huh? Umm… Yeah.” I answered nervously to my brother. I was a little scared, too. My brother and I have a good relation but it’s just sometimes he’s a little scary. I love my brother, I really do. He’s the best in my family. Maybe because he could understand me more.

“Then, go quick. You know mom won’t wait too long.”

Mom… again, the nerves were coming back to me. I only gave my brother a slight nod and hurried into the bathroom, only to build up more nerves. I didn’t even know what to do right then. For a moment, I just stood there, starring myself in the mirror, thinking of reasons why they’d be doing that. After a while, I varnished my thoughts and continued stripping myself to take a quick, yet fresh bath. After all, I was exhausted from everything, I meant everything. But still, why were they doing that?

They were… whispering...?

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Sounds of spoons and chop-sticks filled the room as our family enjoys our dinner. No one really talked during dinner. Only dad, trying to keep a small conversation with mom and Taesun hyung. I just keep on swallowing everything that I slowly chewed, head, lowly hung in the thick air I’m in. I knew something’s up but didn’t dare to ask, also since I’m the youngest in the house. Maybe they didn’t want me to know. But curiosity was eating me inside out. I was also scared. Why were they leaving me out in the family talk, too?

As if dad was reading my mind, he called me the second my thoughts occurred.

“Yes…?” I answered unsurely. I was sure there was something to do with me.

“How are you doing these days, son, I mean in dancing?” See? There is.

“Umm… Fine. I mean, I’m good, well…”

“So, you won’t need our help anytime soon, right?”

“Huh? Um…, yeah, no, what do you mean by that?” I took a look at them and they were like confused somehow. “I mean, I’m doing well myself. Why are you asking, dad?” They only gave me somewhat suspicious looks that I wanted to crawl under our small dining table and die. But no, life wasn’t that easy.

“Okay, then. Listen, Taemin.” I gave a nod to my dad in a meaning to continue. I looked at my mom and hyung for maybe some clues but found none, so, I gave up, just listening carefully to dad who continues to talk to me. “I know we couldn’t afford enough for your dance classes and courses. And apparently, you were in a dance course, a cheap one, particularly as a practice for the audition, am I right?”

And again, I could only nod. I didn’t really get what was going on.

“And son, I am really proud of you. I’m sorry, no, we’re sorry we didn’t really believe in you or your skills. Your mom and I thought we have to apologize to you first. Now, you’ve proved us with your dancing skills and you are to live own dream.”

“Wait what? I don’t get it. With the apologizing and all, it doesn’t make sense to me. I mean-come on, tell directly, dad. There’s something about me, right? Is there something that you don’t like on me? Or my actions?”

“No, Taemin, listen, there’s nothing wrong with your actions or anything. There’s nothing we dislike. But yes, something to do with you, then, yes. Your mom just told me this evening, she received a call from the entertainment company that you got pass the formal audition, the one that you took part a few months ago. They’re offering you as a trainee.”

I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing. It’s not the original audition yet. But what?! I joined in the company?!

“You mean SM entertainment? The SM entertainment Company? But I…but…I didn’t even… Are you sure? Or you guys just kidding me? It’s the entertainment where Super Junior’s joined into… I…”

“Taemin, dear, we’re not joking you and yes, I received the call. I’m not lying and it’s true.” My mom interrupted me. I was still stunned.

“But…I… Then, when’s the final audition. Am I going to be a trainee? How soon? I mean…”

“Listen to your dad, Tae. Wait for a while, oh, my, you should stay calm.”

Calm, okay, I have to stay calm. Breathe, Taemin, breathe and listen. After a while, I finished doing that and listened to my dad as he continues.

“And also, they said that you’re going to have to do the real audition tomorrow. So, get enough sleep, young man. We have a big day tomorrow.”

“Yes, dad.”

I couldn’t be happier. I just hope that I could do well tomorrow, and then I could be a SM trainee, maybe later, I could be a professional. Hope, after hope, well, we all live with hopes, aren’t we? Life’s full of hopes after all. It’d be boring without them. Little did I know, that my life would be a complete turn out, starting from tomorrow...

 

 

______________________________________________________________

Author’s note;

How’s it going? I need to know, guys, please, tell me your thoughts.

Is it boring?? There’s going to be a little lack of action for a while, I guess. Hope you guys enjoy this anyway.

                                                                                                                                              ¤ Namri ¤

_________________________________________________________________________

Btw, have this lovely pic--->> Credits to the owners---