Two

Moonlight Flower

On her way to the cafeteria, Eunji thought about the guy who saved her. Even though she had remembered him from her class as one of the new transfer students, she couldn't recall his name. It definitely wasn't Hoya.. Her mind told her. She already knew more or less what Hoya looked like. And that guy was not Hoya. She remembered the two guys that the teacher introduced to the class. One had a charming handsome and gentle face, with glossy black hair that wasn't straight, but wasn't messy either. The other had black hair similar to the first one, but his eyes were different. He had smaller eyes that were black but had hints of green in it. While Eunji was thinking about it, she realised that she had already reached the cafeteria. Kikwang and her friends were there already. She sat down at her usual sit between Min and Fei.

"Hey guys. How's it going?" She asked casually. Suzy smiled at her and nodded. "Good. What about you? So how were the transfer students? Hot?" She asked and took a glance at Jia, who was starting her spazz again. "So how were they, Eunji-ah?! Two of those transfer students were in my class! And they were utterly hot!" She said dreamily. Eunji chuckled. It was so typical of Jia to say that. Then while staring down at her salad, she asked a question that no one would expect her to ask.

"Do any of you guys know one of the transfer students with glossy black hair and a charmingly handsome face? What's his name?" There was a long moment of silence. Eunji continued picking at her salad, not daring to look up. She wanted to be subtle about it, but it seemed like everyone was just shocked at her sudden question. "I saw him. I think his name is Myungsoo. I overheard some girls talking about him when he walked past just now." A voice replied, it was Fei's. Eunji finally looked up. Kikwang was giving her an awkward expression. Jia was amused. Suzy just smiled. And Min had hanging open.

"What? He was one of my classmates. He helped me up when I fell just now. I just wanted to know his name." Eunji told everyone, holding her hands up. Kikwang cleared his throat. "You sure you hadn't fallen for him?" He asked cheekily. Eunji's eyes widened and she punched Kikwang's arm. "Of course not! I only just met him today! Are you crazy?" She retorted, a little too exaggerated. But luckily, none of her friends suspected anything and started to relax.

"For a minute there, I thought you fell in love with him." Jia grinned, stabbing her fork at a piece of lettuce. Suzy nodded. Min still had a shocked expression on her face. But she knew that Eunji wasn't like that. She closed and continued eating her burrito. Fei turned to Eunji and gave her a smile. "But if you did somehow like him, we're supporting you all the way." She added. Eunji just rolled her eyes. She knew that she would never fall in love with him. Just then, the cafeteria's noise died down and Eunji wondered what had happened. She turned around and realised that all the transfer students were walking into the cafeteria. All of them looked like angels that had decended from heaven. She noticed the guy who saved her from falling. Myungsoo. And the guy who shook hands with her this morning. Hoya. So far, these were the only two she talked to.

"See the guy who has blond hair and doesn't look like a Korean over there? He's Dongwoo. He's in my Chemistry class." Jia whispered to Eunji. Eunji just nodded and continued observing them. "Oh and that's Sunggyu. Apparently, he's the oldest of the seven. He's in my Chemistry class too." Jia continued. Eunji watched as Dongwoo and Sunggyu sat down. They were as beautiful as the three guys from her class. Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo.. She recalled their names. Now she knew how to recognise Hoya and Myungsoo, since she kind of talked to them before. Woohyun was easy to recognise too. But hadn't her friends told her that there were seven boys? How come there's only five seated down? Where were the other two?

Almost on cue, two boys came walking into the cafeteria towards the transfer students. One had brown hair and a feminine face while the other was very tall. They reached the table and sat down, chatting with the others. "Those two are the Sung brothers. Sungyeol being the tall one and Sungjong the feminine one. They're both very friendly." Min told Eunji, full with food. "Ah, is that so.." Eunji replied and looked away from the table. She didn't want them to misunderstand. She didn't like them. Yet. She was just curious why each and every one of them were so charmingly handsome and beautiful. She shook her head and continued eating her salad and talking to her friends.

The bell rang and lunch time ended. Everyone scrambled to gather their books and head for their next class. Eunji went over to her locker to take out her Trigonometry book. "Hey, it's you again. What a coincidence, huh?" She heard a voice and looked over her locker. It was Hoya, and he was grinning at her. "Yeah. Is your locker next to mine?" She asked and shut her locker. Hoya nodded and opened his locker. "Yup. Seems like fate, don't you think?" He winked at her. She felt a tingling sensation in her chest. Why was her heart reacting this way? It couldn't be that she had already fallen for him, did she? Before she knew it, a hand was waving in front of her face. "You okay, Eunji-ssi?" Hoya asked with a worried expression on his face. God.. Even with that worried expression of his, he looks like an angel... She thought. Then she shook the thought out of her head and gave him an almost perfect smile. "Yep, I'm fine. You're having trig next right?" She nodded at his book. "Me too. Let's go together." They both started walking to class.

In trig class, Eunji couldn't get Hoya's smile and wink out of her head. What's wrong with me? I don't act like this normally... She was thinking to herself and didn't even hear it when the teacher called her name. "Lee Eunji! Stop day-dreaming and pay attention!" She looked up at the teacher with shocked eyes, then looked back down embarrassed. I'm embarrassing myself because of him. I'm not going to think about him ever again. She thought and started taking down notes diligently. Hoya watched her from a corner, his eyes sparkling.

For the rest of the day, Eunji concentrated on her lessons and tried not to think about Hoya or any of the transfer students. By the end of the day, she was totally worn out. Gym was her last period and the dodgeball match with the other class was surprisingly competitive today. Still, she at least managed to hit five people with the ball. Eunji grabbed her water bottle and took a long swig. "Hey Eunji-ah. Wanna go home together today?" Kikwang asked when Eunji was walking out of the changing rooms. "Yeah, okay." She nodded and they left the school together.

When Eunji reached home, she called out a 'I'm home!' to the emptiness. Obviously, she didn't expect anyone to reply her. Her umma was gone. And her father had left her to go to god knows where. She took out a pint of milk from the fridge and poured some into a glass. After that, she brought the glass up to her room and started on her homework. When she was finished, she went downstairs to cook a simple meal of fried rice for herself. It felt lonely eating alone. She somehow wished Jia, Min, Suzy or Fei would stay over sometimes. But she didn't want to burden her friends. She wanted to get over it by herself. When she was done, she washed up and got ready for bed. Somehow, she didn't feel like sleeping at all. Her mind still went back to Hoya. Strange.. Why am I always thinking about him? He is handsome, yes. But Kikwang is handsome too, how come I don't think about him at all? She asked herself in her thoughts. Before long, she had fallen fast asleep, not knowing what things were happening outside in the darkness...

-x-

Second chapter up! As usual, hope it isn't too short! I'm not getting much subscribers.. Boohoo. Is this plot bad? I was inspired by a book I read though. :/ Anyway, you should have figured out the two love interests already. Hehe :P

In any case, I hope more people subscribe and comment! See you in the next chapter!