One

Moonlight Flower

Eunji was standing at the side of the pavement, a worried and anxious expression written on her face. Her vision was towards a car at the road side. A burning car. Her eyes grew wider as the car burned on. She struggled, trying to run towards the car. But someone held her back. Sparks flew out of the car, and it seemed like it was going to explode any second now. Eunji's brown eyes were wet with tears, but she was still struggling.

"Let me go! My umma is still in there!" She screeched. But that only made the person hold onto her wrists tighter. Eunji was desperately trying to fight back tears. Her beloved umma was dying right in front of her eyes in a burning car. It made Eunji's heart hurt a lot. The fire burned on and crackling sounds could be heard. Suddenly, it exploded and sparks flew everywhere. Luckily, Eunji was at a safe distance and did not get hurt by the flames. Eunji collapsed onto the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. Her umma was the only one left in her family and now she was gone. Forever. Eunji cried for a long time, her tears gushing out like a fountain.

"Umma... Umma.... Don't leave me...."

Eunji woke up with a jolt. Beads of perspiration trickled down her pale face. She panted heavily. It took her a while to realise that it was just a dream. Wait, not a dream. A nightmare. She had been having this nightmare several times after her umma died. Even though it was months ago, the images of her umma in the burning car still haunted her. Eunji felt lonely. Her umma was her everything. She didn't believe that her beloved umma would die just like that. It was unrealistic. Her bubbly and cheerful umma dead? It must have been a mistake. But Eunji must accept the fact that her umma was forever gone from her life and move on. Shaking the awful images of the nightmare she had earlier out of her head, she got out of bed and folded her blankets neatly. It was yet another ordinary school day and Eunji was looking forward to going to school. It could help take her mind of her umma for a while. Breathing in a deep breath, she proceeded to the bathroom to take a nice warm bath.

When she was done, she tied her hair in a side ponytail and grabbed her school bag. Her bike was leaning on the side of her gate, where she'd left it yesterday. She put her bag in the bike's basket and rode to school cheerfully. She wasn't going to mope about her umma all day again. It wasn't like her at all. Putting on her happiest expression, she rode into the school compounds.

"Eunji-ah!" Her friends called, waving at her. Eunji waved back, locking her bike and walking towards them. They seemed excited about something. While her friends chatted, Eunji's mind wandered back to her umma again. No no no.. I must not think about it now.. She thought to herself and tried to join in to her friends' conversation.

"Uhh.. So what were you talking about, Min? Something exciting?" Eunji asked her friend, completely oblivious to what they were talking about earlier on. Min's eyes widened and she stared at Eunji with a curious expression on her face. "Didn't you hear what we were talking about just now? Jia was practically spazzing like crazy." Min replied. Eunji gave a nervous laugh. "Um, not really. What is it, actually?"

"New transfer students are going to be joining our school today. Apparently, there's seven of them. And all of them are boys. Aside from that, I heard that all seven of them are strikingly beautiful." Suzy explained to her and grinned. Looks like that was the reason why Jia was spazzing right now. "I can't wait to see them! I heard that three of them will be in your class, Eunji-ah!" She squealed. Eunji smiled. She wasn't really interested in whoever the transfer students were. But from her friends' descriptions, they must be pretty good-looking boys for her friends to be that excited. Somehow, it made her excited as well. Just a tiny bit. The school bell rang and the girls separated. "Let's meet at our usual place during lunch!" Her friends called, waved and then they were gone.

Eunji proceeded towards her classroom happily and sat down at her seat. Today's lessons were her favourite. Music, Literature, Biology and History. She loved music the most. It made her calm and relaxed. She closed her eyes and tried to remember the song that she learned in music class last week. Nothing's over ~ Nothing's over ~

A tap on her shoulder made Eunji startled. She opened her brown eyes and turned around to see who interrupted her. It was Lee Kikwang. One of her good friends.

"Hey Eunji. What are you doing?" Kikwang eye-smiled. The smile that made all girls swoon. Eunji smiled back. "I was just remembering a song from music class last week." She replied. Kikwang dragged a chair over and sat down next to her. "Did you hear? Transfer students are going to be joining our class today."

Eunji blinked twice. She'd forgotten all about that. Even after Jia's spazzing just a few minutes ago. Eunji was just naturally absent-minded. "Oh yeah. Jia was spazzing about them. Are they really as good-looking as they seem?" Kikwang looked away and tapped his bottom lip thoughtfully. Then he turned back to Eunji and smiled.

"I don't know. I haven't seem them yet. Are you going to spazz like Jia when you see them?" He asked. Eunji looked at her friend like he was crazy. She was Lee Eunji. No matter how handsome or charming a guy is, she never spazzed. Not even once in her entire life. "No way. How could you say that? I never spazz. Not a chance. Nuh uh." She folded her arms. Kikwang chuckled. That was one thing her liked about Eunji. She wasn't like the other girls. She was different in a way. It made him attracted to her.

"I get it, you won't spazz. End of conversation." He winked at her, trying to make her blush. But Eunji didn't blush. She just sighed. "Y'know, you should try that wink on someone else. Maybe, Jia perhaps?" She suggested. Just when Kikwang was about to interject that he only winked at her, the teacher came in.

"Alright everyone! Back to your seats. I have three new students to introduce to you guys. They will be your classmates from now on. Please be nice to them and show them around." She announced. Three guys with charming good looks walked into the class. The girls started squealing like how fangirls saw their favourite idols. The teacher clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. "This is Myungsoo, Hoya and Woohyun. Please be nice to them!" The three guys bowed politely and the one whom the teacher introduced as Hoya, met eyes with Eunji. She didn't try to look away. Looking away meant that she was shy or embarrassed. But she wasn't shy nor embarrassed. Just curious. The guy continued looking at her until the teacher told them to sit down. To her surprise, the guy known as Hoya was assigned to sit next to her. He held out his hand.

"Hey. My name is Hoya. I hope we get along well." He flashed her a charming smile that would make girls scream. But all Eunji did was smile back. She shook his hand. "Likewise."

Lessons started and ended quickly. Soon, it was time for lunch. Eunji gathered her stuff and left the class to meet her friends at the cafeteria. On her way there, she lost her footing and slipped. She closed her eyes and waited for the pain to reach her leg but it never happened. Opening her eyes, she realised that someone had caught her. He was holding onto her arm and Eunji recognised him as one of the new transfer students from her class.

"Are you alright?" He asked her with a worried expression on his handsome face. Eunji nodded and he released her. She started to pick up the books that were strewn on the floor. The guy helped her. When she was done, she gave him a smile and thanked him for saving her and for helping her pick up her books.

"No problem. Be careful next time." He nodded, smiled and left. Eunji started walking towards the cafeteria with a weird feeling in her heart...

 

-x-

First chapter up! Hope it's not too short and not too bad. It's just an introduction anyway.

Anyways, subscribe and comment! :DD