Up All Night

Imagine

Up All Night

Based off of this imagine

 

 


"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun, still in deep slumber, rolled around and snuffled a little. Kai persisted.

"Hyung~"
Baekhyun heard some unidentifiable noise but chose to ignore and rolled over to turn his back towards the sound. Kai rested a hand on Baekhyun's waist.

"Babe." Kai tried. Finally, Baekhyun dramatically turned over to face him, flailing arms and head whipping back and forth.

"Who? What? Where?" Baekhyun said sleepily. "Where's the problem?"
He looked down at the ground with his arm hanging down off the side of the bed nearly falling off.

"I'm hungry." Kai said, his voice hoarse. Baekhyun readjusted himself safely on the bed and sat up to look at him. What he laid eyes on was Kai with tired eyes filled with affection, messy hair, half open shirt and helplessness calling for him to do anything for the man standing in front of him. Baekhyun thought that Kai had never looked so y. Kai ran his fingers through his hair slowly and grabbed Baekhyun's hand pulling him slightly. He used his other hand to flip the blankets off to the other side of the bed. Baekhyun gave into his touch easily and  Kai led the way to the kitchen. When they got there, he sat down in one of the dining room chairs and Baekhyun headed for the refrigerator. Kai pulled his hand slightly before he made it there. Baekhyun looked back and smiled at him.

"Do you want me to make you food or not?"

Kai reluctantly let go. Baekhyun went into the fridge and got all the ingredients he need to make Kai's favorite sandwich. Ham, lettuce, tomato, havarti cheese, tapenade, bacon, mustard, mayo and sourdough bread. Kai was very picky. He began to make the sandwich with his back facing Kai. Kai was enjoying the view and moved slowly toward Baekhyun. He wrapped his arms around his waist and planted a quick kiss onto Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun shuddered a bit in surprise.

"You shouldn't surprise me when there's a knife in my hand. Butter knives can kill, you know. Especially in the hands of Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun said. Kai unwrapped his arms from Baekhyun's waist with a saddened expression on his face and sat back down in silence. Baekhyun smiled to himself at Kai's cuteness. Baekhyun finished off the sandwich and placed it on a dinner plate from the cabinet. He then jumped up to sit on the counter facing Kai.

"Well." Baekhyun said swinging his feet.

"Huh?" Kai said coming back from whatever world he was in. Baekhyun laughed.

"What do I look like, a waiter? Come and get it." Baekhyun said. Kai got up slowly from fatigue and walking over to the counter. He walked over and placed on hand on his sandwich and one hand on the side of Baekhyun's neck. Before Baekhyun could protest, he kissed him slowly and passionately, not wasting any time and leaving Baekhyun speechless when he pulled away. When Baekhyun opened his eyes, all he saw was Kai smirking from back at the table while chewing on his partially devoured sandwich.

"That phrase has many different interpretations. Don't use it if you don't want that to happen." Kai said once he had finished chewing. Kai turned away from Baekhyun continuing to enjoy his sandwich. Baekhyun continued to sit on the counter as thoughts ran through his head at a constant pace. He was awoken from his thoughts by Kai.

"Come here."

Baekhyun slowly jumped off of the counter and hesitated before approaching him. Baekhyun stood in front of him and waited for him to say something. Kai looked at him with a look of sadness, happiness, love, distress and pain all at once. Kai pulled him onto his lap and buried his face in Baekhyun's neck. They just breathed like that for a minute.

"Kai, what's wrong? Talk to me. Why are you acting like this?" Baekhyun asked whining a little. Kai started to place slow, wet kisses onto Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun shivered and then got up.

"I think we'll make better use of our time if I'm over here." Baekhyun said jumping up onto the counter again. Kai got up and walked over to Baekhyun.

"Kai. Wait-" Baekhyun's voice was lost when Kai wrapped his arms around his waist and just hugged him. He buried his head into Baekhyun's chest. Baekhyun sighed and ran his fingers through Kai's hair slowly looking down at his head.

"I love you. And the sandwich was really good too." Kai whispered into Baekhyun's chest. Kai and Baekhyun had only been dating for little awhile and Kai had never said the "L" word before. Despite his shock, Baekhyun pressed on some more to find out what was wrong with Kai.

"No, but what's wrong?"

"I love you." Kai repeated, his head snuggling into Baekhyun's chest.

"That's it. Well, why do you look like you're in pain?"

"Because sometimes I love you so much it hurts. And I'm so afraid that you'll leave one day when you realize that I'm not good enough for you."

Baekhyun grabbed either side of his face and pulled him up to look at him. Kai's cheeks were smushed together and it was cute but Baekhyun didn't pay attention to that as more important matters were at hand.

"You'll always be good enough. You're more than enough. And I love you too. I always have even though I didn't like to admit it. Okay? So shut up. And don't wake me up looking like that to ask for a sandwich. If you're gonna wake me up looking that y..." Baekhyun trailed realizing that they hadn't had yet so he hesitated to voice what he was going to say. "You know what forget. Now come back to bed." Baekhyun said gabbing his hand and leading him up the stairs back to their bedroom.

"This man trying to kill. Here I thought you were dying. Looking in pain, looking sad and confessing . Mm." Baekhyun complained under his breath. Kai smiled to himself in silence. This time when they went to bed Kai wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's just a little tighter.

"You're suffocating me." Baekhyun said turning over to face him and snuggling into his chest. Right before he went to sleep, he smiled at the ceiling with the vibrations of Baekhyun's snuffling, rumbling his already swiftly beating heart.