Chapter 1

Dream Girl

As I was walking home from school one day, my phone rang suddenly. It was my best friend Jooeun who lives in Korea now. It's been a long time since we've talked so I answer the phone fast.

'네 여보세요? [Hello?] Ah, Jooeun-ah!!' I talk into my phone.

'여보세요 _____ 뭐해? [What are you doing?]' She laughs.

'Hmm... Nothing much. Im just walking home from school. 그리고 너? [And you?]'

'Well-' she gets cut off as I bump into someone. 'Oh, I'm sorry.' I look up and apologize quickly to the man I ran into. He looks down with these magnificent chocolate brown eyes. His hair is wavy and a mix of dark and light brown. I look at his soft curved lips as he mumbles 'No, it was my fault,' and walks away silently.

'____-ya? Are you there??' Jooeun asks over the line.

'Oh. Yeah. 주은 민안해. [I'm sorry Jooeun.] I ran into this guy...,' I reply.

'Ahh~. So I was thinking about coming back to study there in America. What do you think??' She asks.

'정말?! 너 진짜?! [Seriously?! You for real?!] I'd love that!! You could come stay with me!! What would you be studying??'

'I'd study spanish and math,' she laughs. I laugh in return. When I think of Jooeun, I think of her love of math. And SNSD. 'When are you thinking about coming??' I ask.

'In about 3 weeks. Is that cool??'

'Of course!! I'll pick you up at the airport. Let me know more info when the day gets closer ok??'

'Ok! Ill see you soon then!' She laughs '안녕~! [Bye!]' She says and hangs up.

TAEMIN POV

'No, it was my fault' I reply to her apology and walk away.

I've seen her somewhere before. She's so familiar. She had straight, long light brown hair and sapphire blue eyes that shone like diamonds in the sunlight. I couldn't concentrate as I ran into her. She was so familiar... I have to find her again. I already can't think straight.

I look back at her, confused, trying to memorize all of her: her graceful walk, her long hair waving in the wind, and her figure disappearing into the setting orange sunlight.

I remember. It was in my dream. She's my dream girl.

YOUR POV

I wake up the next morning breathing fast, practically panting and sweating.

He was there. The guy from yesterday. In my dream. My nightmare. I close my eyes and try to remember every detail of that encounter.

'Emma don't!!' He yells at me, his face pained. 'Don't go!!' He's crying as I'm being dragged away in chains by someone with strong force. His wrists are chained to a grimy black brick wall, and he's trying to reach me. I try to reach back, to want to feel his warm hands envelop mine once more, but my captor yanks at the chains harder. I feel blood dripping down my wrists as he does so, causing me to shed a few more tears onto the already thousands I've let go of since we were taken to this hell.

I shake my head, not wanting to remember what happens after that. Strangely, since last night when I ran into him, I haven't stopped thinking about him. There was something hidden behind those deep brown eyes of his. Something mysterious. I feel.. connected to him somehow. I get up from my bed and lean over my dresser to stare back at my eyes in the mirror, searching for something, anything. What's wrong with me?

I decide to shake it off and get ready for school. It's a short day today, since it's the last day of school, and we don't have to wear our uniforms. I pick out my new outfit (a navy blue collared shirt and a white and gold woven skirt). As I brush my hair, I find myself thinking about his hair. Again. What it'd be like if i ran my fingers through it, tangled them into it. I also find myself wondering if I'll see him again today. I close my eyes and hope I do.

 After school ends, my friends and I begin to walk to my house to hang out. I told them about the guy, but not about my dream. For some reason, I don't feel like I could ever trust them with that, even though they are some of my closest friends. I feel like if I dont ever meet him again, I'll have to keep it to myself forever. He's the only one I'd ever tell.

One of my friends, Hannah, says we should stop and wait for this guy. I told her it's highly unlikely that I'd ever see him again, but she ignores me and stands where I was yesterday waiting for him. I sigh and decide theres no harm in it, and wait with her as well. My other friends, however, are impatient. I tell them to go ahead and get ready since they take the longest anyway, and we won't be that long.

Hannah and I end up waiting for an hour. When we're about to leave, I see someone running towards us. I hope it's him, but in my head I know its impossible. Hannah looks at me and gives me the look. You know, the one you give your friend across the room when your crush walks in. I shake my head at her.

'Its not him,' I say in an assured tone. She smiles optimistically. 'You never know~' she replies in a sing song voice as she walks away. I stare after her for a few seconds and decide I should just go with her when I feel a sudden pull on my wrist.

It's him. He turns me around to see his beautiful face. It is him. It really is. I stare at him in shock, not knowing what to say. His eyes roam my face as if they want to memorize my every feature.

'It's you,' I finally manage to whisper.

He nods and begins to smile. 'My name's Lee Taemin,' he says in a melodic voice.

Still in somewhat of a shock, I nod slowly. I then realize what I'm supposed to say. 'I'm Emma.' We stand like that for what seems like hours, possibly even days, but I know it was only a matter of seconds. I take in his perfect features: his full, curved lips, his neat hair, and lastly, his multidimensional eyes. I can see into them today. They're full of wonder, of mischief, of loss. There's no end to them.

He steps back suddenly, and I miss the space where he just was. I wish he were that close to me again. Why am I feeling this way about a guy I just met? He clears his throat and looks down, his hair covering his eyes. 'I..,' he falters and lifts up his head, flipping his bangs to the side. 'Would you mind coming somewhere with me?' He asks. I nod slowly, biting my lip and looking up into his eyes. His eyes widen for barely a second and then takes my hand gently, intertwining his fingers with mine. Where is this place he's taking me to?

I have no idea what to expect when he flags down a taxi. We get in and he covers my ears to tell the driver where were going. I pout cutely when he does and he laughs under his breath as he removes his warm palms from my face. I trust him. I know he won't harm me. But in the back of my head, I have my doubts, like anyone.

'Where are we going?' I ask, out of curiosity.

 'Somewhere I think you'd like,' he says, and takes my hand again. It feels familiar. Like we haven't just met.

I realize I'm staring at our hands when he asks, 'Are you ok?' I nod, wanting to tell him that I feel familiar with him for some reason. I don't tell him though, I hold it back. I'll save it for later. If there is a later.

The cab ride continues, most of it in silence. It was a nice silence though, and makes me think back to what my dad would always say when I tried to fill the silence. He'd say that when you don't try to fill silence, when you enjoy it with someone, then you're comfortable with them. You don't want to let them go. And I don't. We also had no idea what to say to each other. I don't think Taemin will harm me, and I think that he'll help me somehow.

When we arrive at the secret place, Taemin tells me to stay inside for a minute. He gets out and through the front window, I see him run to my side. He opens the door, his body blocking my view of where we are.

'I want it to be a surprise. So close your eyes,' he says with a smile. I do as he says and he helps me out, again taking both my hands. I sigh mentally when he removes them from mine, but then I feel them covering my eyes. I smile and hear his adorable laugh as I do so. He walks me forward, then the next thing I know we're standing still.

He whispers, 'Look up,' as he removes his hands and drops them by his sides. I reach my arms backward and take both his hands in mine while I look up. It's a Ferris wheel. I turn my head and look up at him instead.

'Can we go on now?' I ask. I love Ferris wheels! I always have, since i was a little kid. How did he know? I keep one of his hands in mine as I race to get on. When we get moving, he stays by my side as I stare out of the window. I haven't been on a Ferris wheel since I was seven, and this feels more special with Taemin with me. I feel safe.

TAEMIN'S POV

I don't know what made me come to the place where we met. It was as if she was silently calling to me. I ran to where she was. I had to get there as fast as possible. It made my head hurt and heart ache at the thought of being without her. I already knew what I was going to do. I was going to take her to the place where I had one of my dreams with her. I kept it a surprise. I'll tell her why I took her here one day, just not now. She'd think I was crazy.

I couldn't keep my hands off her either. I had to hold her hand, to feel her warmth, to keep me at peace. Without it I would've gone crazy. I know I just met her, but I feel like there's something between us. I know she feels it too. I want to kiss her, but I don't want her to think that's all I want. I want just her. Her warmth, her smile, her laugh. Her love.

On the Ferris wheel, I stay by her side. I couldn't stay away from her. I have to protect her.

YOUR POV

I look up at Taemin as we reach the very top. He's still looking out at the city. I feel his hand wrap around my waist slowly, unsure if it's ok. He looks down at me. Maybe he's trying again to memorize my face. Im not sure. I blush and look out the window.

I think I should tell him now. About the dream. I wanted to tell him when I next saw him, so why not now? I look up and take a deep breath. 'Taemin... I.. Um.. Had this nightmare last night and-' I couldn't say the rest because he put his finger on my lips. I look up into his sparkling chocolate eyes and blink repeatedly.

'Tell me later,' he whispers. 'I'm in too good of a mood to be let down on how we couldn't be together in your dream.' I stare at him confused. Could he read my mind? Did he know about it? But.. I haven't even told anyone! Not a single person! Then how could he know?

He looked down into my eyes. 'Yesterday, Emma, I had this.. Dream. I've had the same one for over a month. Every night. A girl was in my dreams, and she'd stay with me wherever I went. We were always together, inseparable. She was beautiful,' he carried on, looking out the window. 'And I couldn't erase her from my mind, no matter how hard I tried. We'd laugh and smile together. Eat and play together. Then, one day, the dream changed. I dreamed that she was being taken away from me by someone. I was in tears, I couldn't handle it. I tried to reach out to her, but I was in chains. I tried to tell her my feelings, but my voice wouldn't work,' he said, looking back at me.

He leaned closer to me and I could feel my heart pick up its pace. 'Now, I have to wonder if I'm dreaming,' he whispers, his eyes searching mine.

For the first time ever, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. I can tell he means that girl is me. The Ferris wheel comes back down to the bottom. I don't want to get off, and I tell him. He nods and says we can stay on as long as we'd like. I smile, and his hand cups my face. I lean my head against it, craving more of the warmth he offers me. He leans down towards my lips when my phone rings suddenly.

'Oh! 내 친구들! [My friends!] It was the last day of school today and we wanted to go out and party,' I say as I answer the phone. Taemin nods and steps back, allowing me space.

'야! [Hey!!] Where are you, ____?!' Hannah yells into the phone. 'I left you at, like, 4!! It's nearly 9pm!!'

My eyes widen at the realization that I've been with Taemin for more than 4 hours. '아.. 미안해... [Ahh... I'm sorry..] I.. Didn't know. But...,' I say to Hannah as I look at Taemin, 'I kinda still want to go out... Can I bring my.. Friend?' I ask and I hear her sigh through the phone.

'Is it that guy?! If it is, then yes, of course bring him!!' She exclaims, 'But if not.. Don't!! It's our last day of school party!' I laugh in return of her outburst and say, 'Yeah... It is...'

'Oooh! Well then we'll meet up at dinner, ok?? I'll text you the address!' She says and hangs up the phone.

I walk closer to Taemin. 'So.. You feel like partying with me tonight?' I say somewhat playfully as I take his hands. He smiles down at me and nods.

'We better get going then, huh?' He asks, smiling. I shake my head and say, 'I kind of wanted to do something before we went first, Taemin...,'

'Oh?' He asks innocently. 'What would that-' I reach up on my tip toes and kiss his cheek, close to his lips. I laugh quietly as he looks at me in fake surprise and he touches where I kissed him.

 

 

{a/n: Hey guys! This is my first fanfic EVAR. Yeah. I've been posting this on my kpop instagram, and gotten a lot of love from it and I decided to share it with you guys!! :D I'm still learning the ropes on this and I'm trying to figure out how to make this the best, so any advice, tips, whatever is LOVED. <3 I'm sorry if there's any grammar/ spelling mistakes, too.. :/ I've uploaded this and removed it so many times, and now its 12:44 am. O.O So my eyes and brain are dead. And please~~~ comment + subscribe! I don't want ghost readers, and I want to know that you like it or dont like it. Any suggestions are welcome too. :) Anyways, thanks. And if you're reading this too, I applaud you. You're awesome. <3}