I'm In Girls' Generation???

I'm In Girls' Generation???

It was around 2:30 when President Lee called me into his office. "You called for me, President Lee?" I say, softly. I don't want to ruin my second impression by opening my big fat mouth like I did last time.

"Yes, Jooyeon... we're thinking of having you debut." he says. 

I try to hide my excitement, instead I plaster a cool smile on my face and play with my fingers underneath the desk. "In a girl group?" I blurt, before the words come out of my mouth. I really, really want to debut with Minhee. Minhee and I met at SM training camp after some senior called her ugly, so I socked her in the mouth. Minhee and I have been best friends ever since.

President Lee doesn't smile. "Yes. You're going to debut in a girl group."

Silence.

"May I ask with who?"

"Ham Jooyeon, you are going to debut as the tenth member of Girls' Generation."

"HWAT?!?!!?!?!" I stand up and slam my hands against the table, jaw dropping to the floor. "Part of Girls' Generation?"

He stands up as well, clearing his throat. I take deep breaths. "Yes, after wardrobe and fitting, you will meet the girls this afternoon. They just wrapped up their Japanese promotions and will be making a Korean comeback. This time, with a new member."

I bow and thank him, then leave the room, trying to understand what just happened.

I always dreamed of debuting, but not like this.... I didn't want to sing about taxis, and "oh oh oh oh oppa I love you!" and genies and hoots! I wanted to be a rocker balladeer with Minhee at my side...

I didn't want to wear short shorts and shake my , and flip my long hair. I didn't want to do Goobne Chicken Commercials, and I most definitely did NOT want to sing "I'm genie for you boy!"

At that moment, Minhee walks over to me. "Omomo I heard you were going to debut! So, are you getting your own group? You're probably the leader, huh? Am I in it?" she widens her big brown eyes at me. 

I slowly shake my head. "Actually, Minhee... I'm going to be a part of Girls' Generation." Once the words are out of my mouth, I know that this is real and I am not dreaming.

Minhee's jaw drops to the floor. After a few minutes of silence, she stammers, "B-but, Joo, you're like... an Anti-Fan!"

"I know!" I cry. "And I have warddrobe fittings and styling in thirty minutes..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You have a great v-line!" my makeup artist gushes as she highlights my cheekbones. "So gorgeous!"

"Mmm, thanks." 

"Your eyes are kind of small though. Circles lenses are a must!" Suddenly she's jamming something wet into my eye. 

"Ahh," I say.

"Sorry," she pouts. "I'm Chi by the way." She's a tall Chinese woman with high cheekbones and a high bridge nose. "Done!" she twirls me around in the chair so I can see my reflection. "Are you beautiful, or what?"

"Or what," I mutter. I definitely look... pure, and my eyes look like they're going to pop out of my head. I look... cute. 

Eww....

"Now for wardrobe!" she hands me off to a middle-aged man with a perm. 

"Hi, I'm Anthony! Since we're going for the whole girl-next-door thing that Girls' Generation has going on, your first outfit for photo shoots should be simple. But Lee told me you're going to be the 'bad girl' of the group?" he asks, tilting his head to the side.

"What?" That's news to me.

"Mmm... let's dress you up in this then, huh?"

....

I hate this already.