Settling In

My Attractive Hobo

I woke to the sound of my alarm clock, beeping in high pitches and rattling against the counter next to my bed.

Rubbing my poofy eyes, and, messing up my hair in the process, I reluctantly stood up.

Stepping outside my room, I made my way into the kitchen.

Arghhhh.. What to eat, what to eat?

Settling for a quick bowl of cereal, I grabbed the box of cereal, digging in without a thought.

In the midst of my meal, I tensed up, hearing a door open.  Who the heck...

I heard a knocking and a familiar voice saying "Oh.. I see you've started eating. Without me too."

I looked up to see Jonghyun, dressed in clothing much nicer than yesterday's attire. My cheeks flushed red when I realized how utterly disgusting I must've looked, hair everywhere, poofy eyes, and face stuffed with cereal.

I hurredly cleared my bowl out, and went into my room. Locking my door, I dressed out and went out to see that he was sitting at the table, looking my way.

"Looks better than 10 minutes ago" he teased, standing up.

I could only look down, embarrased that I forgot someone would be living with me from now on.

Jonghyun continued "I only came out to ask if you wanted to come with me to my concert today. You know, as a thank you. I'm sure you know how hard times are for us lately, having to split dorms and all with the solo activities..."

I was confused... Concert? Split? Solo? Dorms? I gave in an look of ridicule and he stares back at me unamused.

"Don't you know who I am...?" he asked.

"Yea..." I responded.. "You're Jonghyun"

"Do you happen to know what I work for?"

"How would I know that.. we've only met yesterday, and you're name is all you ever told me." I was irritated. How was I supposed to know?

He looked apalled. "You don't know SHINEE?"

"Shiny? Why do you stretch the "ee" sound for so long? Haven't you learn proper English? Since 'shiny' is spelled s-h-i-n-y, the 'e' sound is supposed to be short." I responded, annoyed at his oblivious made-up story.

He stares at me, unable to say anything.

At first, I smiled in triumph, happy that I could finally make use of my English. However, his expression didn't waver...

Did I say something wrong...?

Trying to avoide the awkward atmosphere, I immediately cleared the dishes and headed for the door.

"You can eat some of the left over Kimchi JJigae and the rice. More banchan is in the fridge. Enjoy! I'll be back at about 4:30, so please leave a note if you leave." I called to him as I hurridly left.

Closing the door behind me, I let out a sigh.

"Phew... First day, things are already hard..." I mumbled"

I looked up to walk head toward the elevator, surprised by Joongki who was standing in front of his door.

"Ommo! Joongki, you scared me!" I said, jumping slightly from the fright.

"Mianhe noona. hehe. What were you mumbling about just now?" he asked.

"Nothing, let's just... " I trailed off and tried to stray the topic away from the current one. "Are you ready? Let's go!"