May 1st.

The Special Day

 

Dongwoo’s eyes shot wide open as the alarm clock went off at 6.30. Usually he would be a very hard one to wake up, but today was different. As Dongwoo drowsily got out of bed, he’s eyes looked up at the calendar on the wall of the room he shared with Myungsoo and their manager.

He turned the page in the calendar because the latest month had just come to its finish. Dongwoo smiled widely as he saw the first day in the calendar which was filled with exclamation marks and hearts he had drawn. May 1st. Today was May 1st. And today was exactly one year since Dongwoo confessed to his boyfriend, Hoya. 

----------

H-Hoya!” Dongwoo shouted as the members were leaving for their dorm after a tiring practice.

“Hmm?” Hoya turned.

“Uhm umm c-can I talk to you privately?” Dongwoo asked shyly looking at his feet.

“Sure if it doesn’t take too much time, wouldn’t wanna walk home now.”

“Yeah it only takes a while.”

“Okay wait a sec, I’ll tell Sunggyu to wait for a moment for us.”

 

“So what did you wanna talk about?” Hoya asked as he closed the practice room door after him.”

“Uhm well…there is just this thing I need to tell you.” Dongwoo said still looking at his feet.

“Okay I’ve been thinking this a lot and I …I can’t keep it inside me anymore!” Hoya now looked Dongwoo with curious eyes but stayed silent.

“H-Hoya I-I….I love you…I love you okay! And not in the way I love all the rest of the members but the way that I wanna be together with you, I want to spend my life with you!” Dongwoo spluttered out of his mouth almost at the verge of tears.

“ A-and I-I understand if you don’t feel the same about me and now you probably hate me and never want to see my face again, b-but I couldn’t keep my feelings inside of me anymore…”

Dongwoo now carefully raised his head to look at Hoyas eyes. Hoya just stared at him still not saying a word.

“Hoya please say something.” Dongwoo now said with tears forming in his eyes.

Hoya just stepped closer to Dongwoo and the latter shut his eyes of fear of the words the other was going to say to him. He was probably going to hate him forever. Dongwoo now just wanted to crawl in a hole and cry.

But instead Dongwoo felt a hand raise his chin up. ‘Oh he’s probably going to slap me for being so stupid’ Dongwoo thought.

But then something that Dongwoo would have never guessed happened.

He felt soft lips gently brush against his own. A kiss that was sweet and loving.

Dongwoo was too scared to open his eyes as if this was only a dream and it would end if he would.

“ Dongwoo” He heard the voice he so much loved say.

Dongwoo now opened his eyes and saw the beautiful man in front of him as the latter cupped his face with his hands.

“Dongwoo you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to kiss those sweet lips of yours.”

Dongwoos eyes widened as he heard those words.

“S-so d-does that mean y-you like me too?” Dongwoo sobered.

“I don’t like you, I love you. I’ve loved you for a while now to be honest.” Hoya smiled gently to his hyung.

That’s it. Dongwoo couldn’t hold his tears back anymore. Expect they weren’t tears of sadness anymore, they were happy tears. Dongwoo had never felt happier than now.

Then Hoya kissed the older boy again and the latter kissed back. The moment couldn’t be more perfect…

-------

Dongwoo smiled shyly as he recalled that awkward moment which had turned out to be one of the happiest moments of his life. They had been together ever since that day and it had already been one year!

Dongwoo was exited! He was sure Hoya had something special planned for today. After all today was a special day.