"We could all use a little practice.."

Practice Makes Perfect

' Practice Makes Perfect '
by: sharlight


 

 

Today seems like another average day in our lives. There’s never anything bad, though there’s never anything good. It’s just like this. I don’t have a problem with it; I think it’s good that the days are balanced. Everyone seems so used to it anyway.

I glanced over at Hongbin hyung who seemed to be distracted from his surroundings since his eyes were focused on his laptop screen. I just sat beside him because I had nothing better to do. Being next to him made me feel like I was doing something anyway. He liked to check the fan sites and then show me a few of the comments when they were funny or about me. Other than that, I just sat there with my phone, occasionally checking it.

"Are you waiting for a text or something?" Hongbin hyung mumbled. He didn't look at me; he was still staring at his laptop screen.

I lightly shook my head, "No.. I was just checking the time."

"Seven times...?" He turned his head to look at me this time. We made eye contact which made me drop my head in embarassment.

Busted.

"I'm bored, okay?" I managed to say. "If I knew you were counting, I wouldn't have checked so many times."

"Yeah, whatever." He said before looking back at his screen.

We've gotten closer since I started improving on the dance to our debut song. He's been teaching me on his own time so that we didn't have to redo the practices more than five times a day. I'm the reason why we're always restarting; I make the most mistakes and it hurts when they're all yelling at me. I can tell when he's trying to make me feel better but I know that I annoy him too.

"Yah, Han Sanghyuk." A soft voice entered the room. I looked up and it was Taekwoon hyung. Right off the back, I was afraid. For one, Taekwoon hyung never talks to me at the dorms. And for two, he called me by my full name. "Did you practice the song?"

I was choked by his words and had a hard time responding, knowing that I didn't practice. I felt Hongbin's stare on me which only made me tense up more.

"I.. I was going to--"

"What are you doing right now?" He asked another question that brought me back down. "Nothing, right? Where are your priorities, huh? We have a deadline and you're still no good."

"Hey, hyung. Loosen up a bit.." Jaehwan hyung came by his side and stood in front of him, trying to calm him down. "I'll teach him the song on my time, okay?"

"I'm not going to let him drag us down, Jaehwan. Three guys didn't make it because of him. He joined us and not them." His eyes were still darted at me as he spoke, not paying attention to Jaehwan hyung in front of him. Jaehwan hyung pushed him back and out of the room calmly, leaving Hongbin hyung and I in silence.

I bit my lip, trying to fight back the tears but it didn't work. The hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I continued to feel Hongbin's stare on me. I felt too embarassed to stay next to him. Weakly, I stood up and slowly dragged myself to my shared room, hearing Jaehwan hyung talking to Taekwoon hyung in the other room. They were arguing again.

His words flew in and out of my head; I started to believe him. I'm no good to this group. How can I call myself a member if I screw up the most. I drowned myself in tears as I stood there in the middle of the room. I blocked out the sound of someone coming into the room and shutting the door behind them because I was too ashamed to face them. A few seconds after that, I felt a pair of arm wrapped around my waist. 

"Sanghyuk-ah.." Hongbin hyung's voice spoke softly into my ear, holding onto me from the back. "Don't cry. You're improving a lot, you know that. All of us could use a lot of practice, not just you."

I couldn't respond to his kind words due to the lump in my throat. It felt like hyung was comforting me because he felt bad. We may be a little close but I know he doesn't like me this much.

"I'm still working out a lot.." He let out a hearty laugh. "I'm on a diet as of now and my abs are starting to look better. I haven't showed anyone yet.. Would you like to see?"

As a reply, I shook my head. I wouldn't want him to see my face like this.

Not again. 

My eyes widened when he placed my hand under his shirt so suddenly. His body felt amazing as he guided my hand on his well sculpted stomach. I couldn't help but blush. 

"What do you think, Sanghyuk?" I turned around to face him, seeing his eyes smiling at me. "I've been working really hard for this. If you continue to work hard, you'll be fine."

I nodded then sniffled, "N-neh.."

He lifted my chin up and moved closer to me, still keeping my hand on his abs. "And you're too cute to be crying this way. You're the dongsaeng I cherish the most and I don't want to see these tears coming from your eyes."

I was shocked to hear those words from him. He wouldn't be so direct with his words or his actions. It... was different.

"Sanghyuk-ah.." He whispered before he abruptly placed his lips onto mine. I blushed even harder from the sudden kiss as he tilted his head, making the small kiss passionate. 

Did.. did he actually like me?

Thoughts flew in and out of my head as I tried to process the reality of my hyung kissing me. I wanted to push him away but I couldn't. He pulled away a few inches and stared into my eyes. 

Hyung is super handsome..

"The truth is that.." He started then hesitated to continue. "I really lov--"

I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his neck and returning the kiss he sent to me first. I was aware that I wasn't the best kisser on the planet but he smiled against my lips, so I could tell that I was doing fine. 

I pulled away slowly and smiled lightly seeing that his face was flushed. He ruffled my hair then wrapped his arms back around me.

"We just need you to practice one more thing." He spoke as we parted. 

He grinned which made me confused. "What.. is it now?"

"That terrible little kiss of yours."

I laughed, "But you smiled!"

"Because you're a bad kisser!"

"AIsh!" I playfully hit his arm. "You're so hard to read. I didn't know that you liked me, hyung.."

He shrugged lightly, giving me a small smile. "I really at showing how I really feel and my true feelings. I thought you would know that already."

"Then let me teach you how to not hide them from me." I smiled back at him. "Like you said, it only takes practice."

"Yes," He kissed my forehead then pulled away. "Because practice makes perfect."

 

 


 

Hello! I'll be back to post the next chapter later. :)
For those who don't know me, I'm vixxies from tumblr. I decided to start a one shot chain of VIXX.
This will actually be a two shot because I really want to add the Keo part of the story.
Did you like it? Please comment, upvote and subscribe! Thanks for reading! ^^