Eunkwang

Sasaeng/사생

"These voting processes are always biased!" complained Changsub as he started fidgeting with his cuticles.

The seven BtoB members sat in a circle in the waiting room in their costumes and sighed. It was a Thursday night, and they were invited to CJ E&M studios because their recently released song "Second Confession" offered them a comeback to the stage. Yet despite lots of support from the Melodies and their fun and powerful hit songs "Insane", "Irresistible Lips" and "Wow", they never won first place in the show. Not to mention only a tiny percentage of rookie groups winning the trophy, despite them already having debuted a year ago.

But it was another chance for them to shine on stage with their new concept. They always brought a different concept to every other song, whether it be intense dance through "Insane", mellow sweet concept through "Irresistible Lips" or 90s style concept through "Wow".

At the moment, the show was about to begin, with thousands of screaming fans gathering in the stage, Sooyoung and Yuri as special MCs for the week.

"Hello everybody!" cheered Sooyoung, "I'm special MC for the second week of April, Sooyoung!"

"And I'm Yuri!" smiled Yuri, waving to the fans.

"This is another special week, because we have so many comebacks and rookies, don't we Yuri?" asked Sooyoung turning to Yuri.

"Of course!" agreed Yuri, "But let's meet our top 10, shall we everybody?"

 

The top 10 artists showed on the screen, the fans anticipating who they were.

"Let's introduce the top 10!" cheered Sooyoung.

"Teen Top - Miss Right!"

"Infinite - Man in Love!"

"Lee Hi - Rose!"

"Huh Gak - 1440!"

"Rainbow - Tell Me Tell Me!"

"Girls Day - Expect Me!"

"G.NA - Oops - featuring Ilhoon from BtoB!"

Ilhoon smiled in excitement, anticipating the reactions from both the Melodies and G.NA's fans, whilst Eunkwang rubbed his back.

"K.will - Love Blossom!"

"Nu'est - Hello!"

"And last but not least, BtoB - Second Confession!"

That was when the Melodies began frantically jumping out of their seats and squealing and screaming, holding fanboards, right when a photograph of BtoB sitting in a bedroom together holding musical instruments showed.

At least that is more than enough love and support from our fans, Eunkwang thought. To be honest I didn't really think we'd get this much support.

"And the two artists competing for 1st place are......Lee Hi and BtoB!"

"Please write your vote in Korean!" said Yuri.

"We don't accept double voting!" said Sooyoung.

"What?! What?!" Sungjae gasped in excitement, "We finally made it!"

"We worked really hard!" said Eunkwang smiling, "I told you that there is a path for us, even though we are technically rookies."

"I knew we could so it." said Minhyuk, grinning at the others.

 

After a moment of camwhoring and teasing the fans through the camera lens, it was eventually time for Ilhoon to make his appearance on stage with G.NA, singing her song "Oops" whilst Ilhoon was rapping.

Ilhoon dashed out, the producer helping him with his microphone and leading him to the stage.

 

Ilhoon did his stuff, rapped on stage whilst accompanying G.NA, right before the end where G.NA kissed Ilhoon on the cheek, causing screams erupting through the entire room.

However, in no time it was time for BtoB to make their comeback appearance on stage with the song "Second Confession". After Ilhoon changed quickly into his other costume, the seven boys were lead out by the producer and onto the stage, anticipating the reactions of the Melodies.

Once they stepped on the stage BtoB fanboards and screams flooded the entire premise, as they sang and danced their souls out. It was a first time attempt for them to do a mellow kammiroun sort of song but nonetheless receiving a lot of positive reactions from Melodies. Before they knew it, they were enjoying the stage and having a good time.

 

Somehow, the boys felt a lot more satisfied at this stage than other moments on stage when they promoted their previous songs.

 

Time passed, the artists stepping onto the stage one by one.

 

Eventually more time passed, but it was time for all artists to come back onto the stage, because it was time for the winning artist to be announced, and  it was especially a special moment for BtoB, because they were one of the two nominees for first place.

"Now you have seen all our artists, but it is time to determine who will be first place, Lee Hi or BtoB?" said Sooyoung. "Now it is time to view the results!"

"Okay," said Yuri, "Here at the points for Digital Sales.....Album Sales.....Age Preference Vote.......Global Fan Vote....Mnet Broadcasting.....and finally for this week......the winner.....is....."

BtoB and Lee Hi stood there in front, sweating whilst anticipating the results.

 

"BtoB, congratulations!" cheered Sooyoung.

The Melodies immediately stood up and cheered on, holding their fanlights and fanboards, whilst chanting the official names of all the members.

"Congratulations!" said Yuri as she handed the trophy to Eunkwang, "Do you have any words to say?"

Eunkwang, who was tearing up from being so overwhelmingly happy took the microphone, and after a deep breath and comfort from his dongsaengs, his finally spoke.

"Ummmm......it feels so.....unreal......it's like a dream.......we've never expected that we'd be so successful. I am forever grateful to our managers, Cube Entertainment, the producers, the Melodies, everybody who contributed to making our song and making its promotion successful. I am just lost for words I cannot speak right now.......Sungjae, would you like to speak?"

He handed the microphone to Sungjae, who helped him finish.

"We are just very happy and we are forever thankful to everybody who has continued to support us and show us love, and we hope that you continue to keep supporting BtoB, and supporting our promotion of Second Confession! It is a dream, it is hard to believe that it is true, really. This is our first 1st place, and we cannot be happier."

"Well thank you Sungjae.....and Eunkwang!" said Sooyoung taking back the microphone.

"We have seen a lot of comebacks and rookies, but don't forget to keep supporting your favourite group!" said Yuri.

"This has been M Countdown, on the second week of April!" cheered Sooyoung, "Everyone...."

"Annyeong!"

 

The artists walked off the stage, congratulating BtoB as they were left alone singing Second Confession to the cheering Melodies.