After Shock

Entranced

After the basketball game and the sudden death of Sulli.  School was canceled and Donghae was sitting at home the next morning.  He was still rather confused with what happened at the basketball game.  Was Jessica's sudden sickness connected to Sulli's sudden death? Or was it just a coincidence?

Sulli.  Donghae's heart sank everytime he thought of her face. She had been a very close childhood friend of his. 

"Morning hyung," yelled Sunghee as she skipped into the kitchen where he was sitting at the table. 

"Morning Sunghee."  She sat down across from Donghae and picked up her silverware.

"Hurry up mama. I'm hungry," she whined as she then pounded the silverware on the table top.  

"We are gonna have to teach you some patience," said their mother as she walked in with a plate of pancakes.  She set it on the table.  The news was on and they had Sulli's picture on it. 

"What a tragedy," muttered their mother.  She reached for the remote and turned off the television. 

"You okay mom?" asked Donghae.  

"Yeah fine."  She turned around and he noticed that tears were forming at the corner of her eyes. 

"Can you go and get Dahee up," she said to Donghae.  He nodded his head and went to her room. 

He opened Dahee's door and sighed.  

She was out once again.  

He crossed the room and sat on her bed.  The window opened and Dahee entered the room. She quickly hopped back into the room and jumped at the sight of Donghae. 

"Jesus, you have got to stop scaring me like that," she said. 

"Dahee, where were you this time?"

"Nowhere."

"Did you not know what happened last night?" 

"What happened last night? Did you get your heartbroken or something?" She teased as she crossed over to her closet and grabbed her uniform. 

"Yeah I did big time."  She spun around wide eyed.

"Oh my gosh, I did not think I would be right."  She then started laughing.

"You really have no idea."

"What?" 

"School is cancelled today."

"Why?" 

"Because something tragic occured."

"Okay you getting your heart broken is sad, but I don't believe that counts as tragic."

"Dahee I think that you need to sit down."

"Why?"

"Just sit down, please."  She crossed her arms over her chest and refused to listen to him.  Donghae then sighed. 

"I'm not sure how you are going to take this."  He then took a deep breath. "Dahee, Sulli died last night."  Dahee froze and stared at Donghae wide eyed. She dropped her uniform and stood stunned. 

"What?"  Dahee's eyes had confusion in them as she could not believe what Donghae just said. 

"Last night at the basketball game, she was murdered."  

"You're joking, right?  Its just a prank right?" 

"I'm sorry Dahee."  She shook her head and wrapped her arms across her chest. 

"No, you're lying," she shouted at Donghae. 

"Dahee."

"It's not true."  She fell to her knees and Donghae quickly wrapped his arms around her. 

"It's okay."  She then began to sob uncontrollably.  

"It's not true."  She kept on muttering to herself those words in between her sobs. Donghae stayed silent as he patted his sister lightly on the head. 

 

After Dahee had calmed down, Donghae was grabbing his little sister's stuff and was getting her ready to go to school. 

"How come you guys don't have school?" asked Sunghee as Donghae was packing her lunch. 

"The teachers needed a day off," said Donghae. 

"Lazy teachers," muttered Sunghee and Donghae smiled.  He could not tell Sunghee about what had happen.  Sulli was her babysitter and grew very close with her. 

"Come," said Donghae as he grabbed Sunghee's hand and led her out of the house. 

They walked down the steps from their house and walked down the sidewalk.  Sunghee's hand was warm aginast Donghae's. 

"What are you going to be doing in school today?" asked Donghae. 

"I don't know," said Sunghee. 

"Anything exciting?" 

"Hyung, it's first grade, nothing is exciting."  Donghae laughed.  He then spotted Siwon up ahead.  He was walking his little sister to school as well. 

"Sera!" yelled Sunghee as she ran over to Siwon and his little sister, Sera. 

"Sunghee!" yelled Sera.  They hugged each other and started to giggle. 

"Morning Siwon," said Donghae.  Siwon nodded his head and gave him a small smile. 

"Walking Sera to school?" asked Donghae. 

"Yeah, since I am able today, might as well," replied Siwon. 

"Did you tell Sera what happened yesterday?" asked Donghae as he whispered in Siwon's ear.  

"No, did you tell Sunghee?"

"I don't know how I am going to tell her."

"Did you tell Dahee?" Donghae slowly nodded his head.

"How did she take it?"

"Not very good.  It took her a while to calm down."

"Its certainly a tragedy."

"I don't understand why someone would do something like that?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think that Jessica and them had anything to do with it?" Donghae bit his lip in thought. 

"They left right before it happened," said Siwon. 

"Yeah because Jessica felt sick, I don't think it has something to do with what happened to Sulli."

"I don't know, Donghae, its pretty suspicious."  

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at the elementary school. 

"Bye bye Hyung! I will be waiting for you to pick me up," said Sunghee as she hugged Donghae. 

"I will be here, have fun at school."  Sunghee skipped inside with Sera. 

"They are so cute," said Siwon as him and Donghae satrted walking back the way they came. 

"I can't imagine something happening to them," said Donghae. 

"Whoever did it is still out there."

"I'm afraid for Dahee."

"Why?"

"She still goes out every night to god knows where.  I'm afraid that something may happen."

"I see." 

"I'm always worried that one morning, she is not going to be crawling through that window."

Siwon stayed quiet. 

"Or I am going to wake up and see her body on the news in the ditch or something."

"Have you talked to her about it?"

"I have many times."

"Well maybe with Sulli's death, she will rethink it."

"Maybe."

They walked in silence for a while.  They arrived at Donghae's house and Eunhyuk was sitting on the front step. 

"Finally," he yelled as he jumped up from the step.

"Hey Eunhyuk," said Donghae.

"What do you want?" asked Siwon harshly. Eunhyuk's eyes narrowed on Siwon. 

"I was just wondering what you guys are doing today since we don't have school," said Eunhyuk. 

"I don't know," said Donghae. Then Eunhyuk's cell phone started ringing. 

"Give me a sec," said Eunhuk as he walked away to answer his phone. 

"What are we going to do today?" asked Siwon. 

"I have absolutely no idea," replied Donghae. 

"We don't have lives now do we?" 

"Nope."

Eunhyuk then returned to Donghae and Siwon with a smile on his face. 

"Who was that?" asked Siwon.

"Taeyeon, I got her phone number last night during the game," said Leeteuk with a smug smile on his face.  Siwon rolled his eyes.

"What did she want?" asked Donghae.

"She said that they wanted to talk to us," replied Eunhyuk. 

"They?"

"Yep, she said to meet them at the park next to the school in an hour."

"Why the hell do they want to speak to us?" asked Siwon. 

"I don't know," replied Donghae. 

"Well we won't find out unless we go to the park right?"  asked Eunhyuk.  Siwon just shrugged as Donghae became lost in thought.  

 

Donghae, Siwon, and Eunhyuk went to the park and found that all nine girls and the three guys were waiting on the playground.  Yoona, Jessica, and Yuri were on the swings with Yesung, Seohyun, Taeyeonm and Kyuhyun standing right next to them.  Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Sunny were sitting on the fence next to the swings as Tiffany and Jungmin were sitting on the stairs to the playground.  

"When you said everyone, you really meant everyone," said Eunhyuk as the three of them approached the group. 

"Yeah, I did," said Taeyeon as she gave them a weak smile. 

"Whats up?" asked Donghae.  The air seemed uncomfortable as everyone seemed to be nervous or on edge of some sorts.  It was confusing Donghae to why they were acting so strangely. 

"We just wanted to ask you guys a few questions," said Kyuhyun as he stepped forward.  

"What about?" asked Siwon with his usual irritated tone. 

"We want to know more about her," said Jessica.  She was implying Sulli but was too scared and saddened to say her name. 

"What do you want to know?" asked Donghae.  Yesung grabbed a notepad from his back pocket and clicked open a pen. 

"That girl, what year was she?" asked Yesung. 

"She was a freshman," replied Donghae.

"How old was she?"

"She was fifteen."

"Who are her close friends?" asked Yesung. 

"Why do you guys need to know all of this stuff?" asked Siwon. 

"We are currently investigating something and that girl is a piece to this investigation," replied Kyuhyun. 

"Investigation?" asked Eunhyuk. 

"A confidential one," said Jungmin. 

"Are you guys part of the government or something?" asked Donghae. 

"No we are not." Donghae was starting to get angry.  His grief and his frustration was growing inside of him making him become more agitated. The lack of information he was getting was frustating the heck out of him.  He wanted to know what in the world was going on and this group of people keep won't tell him anything.  

"Then why are you guys investigating her death is you are not the feds?" asked Siwon. 

"We just need to know more about that girl?" said Kyuhyun. That girl.  Donghae had enough of this. 

"Why?  And stop calling her that girl, her name is Sulli," yelled Donghae.  His fists were clenched and shaking as everyone became quiet and stared at him. 

"You guys keep on calling her "That Girl" she has a name.  Her name is Sulli and she was a sweet girl.  She did not deserve to die.  I have a feeling that the reason for her death is tied with you guys," continued Donghae.  They all looked to the ground and said nothing. 

"Why won't you guys tell us anything.  About that weird guy that attacked Jessica or about Sulli.  Why can't we know?"  

"Donghae, we can't tell you," said Jessica in a quiet voice.  Her eyes were still glued to the ground in front of her. 

"Fine, I'm out of here," said Donghae as he went storming off.

"Donghae?" asked Jessica as she hopped off the swing.  She then went running after him.  

"Seriously what is the big secret?" Siwon asked Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun stayed silent and Yoona was the one who spoke up.

"Its something that needs to stay a secret, sorry Siwon," she said.  Siwon nodded his head and then started walking off in a different direction from where Jessica and Donghae ran off to.

"Aish, that guy," said Yoona as she also got off the swing and went after him.   

 

Jessica was running to catch up to Donghae who was walking guickly to get away from them. 

"Donghae please wait up," yelled Jessica.  Donghae did not reply and kept on walking.  Jessica was becoming short of breath. 

"Please, can I please talk to you." 

"There is nothing to talk about." 

"Please, let me explain something."  Donghae stopped and spun around quickly.  Jessica was surprised and almost ran into him. 

"Then explain something."  Jessica swallowed hard and took a deep breath. 

"I can't tell you everything," she said.  Donghae sighed and turned to start walking again.  

"I can tell you something," said Jessica.  Donghae stopped, but did not turn to face her. 

"I'm listening," said Donghae. 

"That girl's, I mean, Sulli's death was not because of us," said Jessica. 

"Is that true," asked Donghae.  He turned around to face Jessica.  She slowly nodded her head. 

"Then tell me this, why have all these strange occurences happened after you guys arrived here?"

"That is what we are trying to figure out."  Her eyes were glued to the ground.  

"Is that all you are going to tell me?" asked Donghae. 

"I'm sorry Donghae, that is all I can tell you."  Donghae ran his hand through his hair in frustration. 

"Donghae, are we still friends?" asked Jessica. 

"I don't know Jessica," he replied. 

"Why?" she asked. 

"Because Jessica, friends don't keep secrets from each other."  She stared at Donghae wide eyed as tears were beginning to collect at the corner of her eyes.  Donghae noticed she was hurt and his hard gaze softened a little. 

"I get it Donghae, I will get out of your life," she said.  Before Donghae could stop her, she turned and walked back to the playground.  Donghae's heart began to ache a little by seeing the hurt Jessica, but he also did not like her keeping secrets from him. 


A/N: Hey everyone, I know it has been a scary long time since I updated and I apologize for that.  Hope that you liked this chapter and will continue to support my story :) Curious to know the secret, it will be revealed soon. 

Have a great Day ;)