Traumatic Coward

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hei? Hei...Can you hear me?"

"Mm..." I sit up gingerly on a soft bed, disorientated as my eyes scan my surroundings. Is this...Minhyuk's room?

"Thank goodness you woke up!" Minhyuk breathes a sigh of relief, "I was so scared you would need medical attention."

...What happened? I wonder groggily, rubbing my eyes to rid the drowsiness.

"I'm sorry for what my brother did; I think Byunghun said some really hurtful things about you and your family background, and that's probably why you suddenly out," Minhyuk explains with apology written clearly over his facial features.

Memories of his verbal assault flood back to me, hitting me square in the face with full force as the echoes start to resurface.

'Look in the mirror...'

'She has no surname...'

'Her parents abandoned her...'

 

"Hei?! Look at me! Hei!" Minhyuk grabs me by the shoulders, and violently shakes me until my eyes refocus on to his concerned face, "talk to me! Please..."

I remember now... I lower my head in shame, letting my hair fan out to act as curtains, in order to hide my wet lashes, it...it's not that big a deal really...I'm just overreacting...now if only the stupid tears would stop!

"Don't hide," Minhyuk whispers, tilting my chin back up to meet his gaze as he registers the tears trailing down my cheeks, "it's alright to be hurt - he deserves to die for what he said."

Don't blame him, I sniffle quietly, begging him with my eyes to let the matter s

Please log in to read the full chapter