We're Real

Tell Me This is Real

They were lying in bed together, sunlight seeping through the crack in the curtains. Both were awake and staring up at the ceiling. Jonghyun was conflicted. He was battling with himself in his mind. He was dreaming…or was he? Lately, it had been hard to tell. It was that feeling when something was so good that it couldn’t be true; it wasn’t real. He couldn’t tell. He was desperate. He gathered his words but struggled. Jonghyun was always good with words but right now, he was so confused that he couldn’t get the right words and put them together.

 

“Are you okay?” a soft voice asked from beside him. Jonghyun didn’t look at Key. He was so wrapped up in his own conflicted mind to pay attention.

 

“I dream about you, you know?” Jonghyun replied and finally looked Key straight in the eyes. Key saw that he was frustrated from the sorrow look in his eyes. He listened intently.

 

“I dream about you and I fantasize about you,” Jonghyun continued. “Sometimes, I get so caught up in my dreams and fantasies that I could never fall back to reality. Please…Please tell me this isn’t a crazy dream or fantasy of mine. Tell me this is real. Tell me we’re real.”

 

Key only stared as a tear fell from Jonghyun’s eye. He looked so desperate and so frustrated that it killed Key on the inside. He held Jonghyun’s hand and they stayed like that. It was like the perfect moment. So perfect, that Jonghyun was scared that it was a dream until he heard those words.

 

We’re real.”

 

**********

 

A/N: It has been a long, long time since I've written something and this really doesn't satisfy me. Plus, I'm still tired since I just got back to Australia and my brain isn't fuctioning properly and I have to go back to school on Monday and ugh =__= I'll stop blabbering. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this after my long hiatus from writing. Sorry from and grammar or spelling mistakes.