Chapter 26. VIXX learns the truth

The Lion's Lioness

 

Ken pulled N out of sight as Melody turned after hearing her name called. Ignoring his hyung’s anger he put his hand over N’s mouth and they watched her walk away.

“Why?” N huffed as he pushed away from Ken and started after Melody.

“Stop.” The softly spoken word from behind them caught them unawares and turning around N was shocked to see the girl from the elevator again…and with Rain sunbae!

“Sunbaenim.” They both said as they bowed to Rain. After greeting them back he leaned down to say something softly to the woman and then excused himself.

Ken stared after him wide-eyed while N looked at the woman thoughtfully.

“Why did you stop us?” He asked curiously.

Wide green eyes stared back at him consideringly before she spoke.

“You were about to do something that would hurt one of my best friends. I couldn’t allow that.”

Ken and N’s mouths dropped open at her comment.

“Hu..hurt?” Ken stuttered. “Who? When?”

Angel’s lovely eyes narrowed, “Melody.”

N fell back a step aghast, “We would never, we just want to talk to her.”

A soft sigh escaped Angel, “You don’t know do you?”

“Know what?”

Indicating they should come with her, Angel walked over to the chairs that were in the lobby and sat in one of them. Waiting for them to join her she took a deep breath and tried to calm her shaking nerves. She had never been good at confrontation and ever since Brian…her mind shied away from those painful memories and she realized they were waiting for her to begin.

Thoughtfully she tried to think of where to start and decided that the truth would be the best way. “She doesn’t remember you.”

Ken laughed awkwardly thinking she was kidding but his laugh trailed off when he realized that N and Angel were not laughing.

“Jinjja?”

She shook her head, “I don’t understand what that word means.”

N tried to explain and she was able to grasp the meaning. Shaking her head she assured him this was not a joke and she was being serious.

“When Melody was hit by the car she suffered more than just physical injuries. She lost two important parts of her life. The Dr’s told her that if she did not push herself then she might regain them but there was no promise. Not long ago she finally remembered a part of her life from almost a decade ago that she had forgotten, but…last year is a complete blank for her and it’s as if VIXX never existed to her.”

N and Ken listened to Angel than asked to her please wait while they spoke to one another and tried to make sure they had understood what she was saying.

“Hyung, that means she doesn’t remember any of last year…she doesn’t remember Leo hyung.”

For a split second that he could not prevent N wondered if this meant he might have a chance with Melody. The guilt he felt after nearly swamped him, but he tried to focus on what Angel had said.

“So she does not remember us at all?”

Something flickered briefly in Angel’s eyes before she told him no. Although it was obvious from her expression she was lying he let it go.

 “Excuse me, her leg, I saw her limping?” Ken asked worriedly.

Angel nodded while she sighed, “Her leg was broken in several spots from the accident and for a while they feared she may not even walk, but she proved them wrong. Dancing however can be painful for her if she pushes herself too long and hard. She doesn’t give up though. She keeps going even when it hurts.” The admiration in Angel’s voice was obvious and she felt no shame in it. She truly did admire Melody for everything she had been through and the way she still loved life.

“Since you both are here, I take it that means Leo is here?”

They nodded and she got to her feet to pace. It was time to tell the others.

“Excuse me, I need to call the girls.”

Stepping away for a moment she made the phone call and asked if the girls could slip away without Melody.

Turning around Angel was surprised to see four men had joined Ken and N and she realized they must be the rest of VIXX.

After introductions had been made Angel found herself staring at Leo, while not as attractive to her as Rain, there was no denying he was a handsome man.

“Unni? Where are you?” Yhinny’s voice called and Angel watched as the one called Ravi shot to his feet. Ah…this was going to be interesting she thought.

“I’m over here Yhinny.” She said as she stood so the girls could see her. She knew the moment the VIXX members stood by the way the girls froze in their tracks…