Chapter2

Eden

 

 

 

One of SeungWon servants called the trio to the meeting room; it seem he have a job for them.

T.O.P closed the door softly behind him and took his seat next to SeungWon. EunJung took the sit next to T.O.P and Fei took the furthest most chair; sitting alone. Two day had past, but the silent war between both girls still go on.

 

Minutes past but they did not notice SeungWon and T.O.P had finished discussing. “Sweetie you and Fei will pair up; T.O.P, your position is on the roof.”

 

“What!  Na-ah! I will not go with her!” EunJung stood up from her sit and storm out from the meeting room, leaving the others behind. T.O.P was going to go after her but SeungWon stops him.

 

“Fei, you go and talk with her. I want this problem to be solves today, this problem will affect your work and I don’t want all of you to fail, especially with this easy job.” Fei walked out from the room, she turns her heel to the direction EunJung had gone.

 

“Those two girls are troublesome, I was wondering what made Hammie like that?” T.O.P asked, not directing it to anyone.

 

 


 

 

EunJung is sitting on the bench at the park across the building. She is looking at the sky.

Sighed.

‘Why must I pair up with medusa, and Tabi did not even look at me just now…’

Sighed. Again.

 

Fei took a seat next to her without asking her permission.

 

“What is it that you are not satisfied with me? Huh? Ham EunJung.”

 

EunJung was shock with Fei appearance; she hesitates before answering the question.

 

“You-Everyone talked about you, the boss even Tabi, you got into the team just like that… you don’t need any training and the boss just assigned us on a mission. He paired you with me, I usually move alone and-”

 

“So you are jealous with the attentions they are giving me? Nevertheless, it seems like; you had something for the T.O.P person? Besides, I had trained long enough as a bodyguard. So what is up about you and ‘Tabi’ guy?”

 

“Tabi is my only family, not a real one but he took care of me. We got in the team together. I was just tired; he kept on talking about you from morning to night.”

 

“I see but no need to worry actually, I entered this team because I have my reasons. SeungWon offered me protection as I need to work for him, with the two of you.” Fei looked up to face the sky.

 

EunJung facial feature change into guilt. “I thought you are the type that only kills for money...I was wrong, I’m sorry.”

 

Fei smiled at EunJung’s word; she pats her back with her eyes still watching the skies above.

 

“You know what? This is all a misunderstanding; all I want actually is to take revenge on his death; that’s all.”

 

“So a guy huh? Your lover I presumed.” She chuckled.

 

Fei happy smile change into a sad one. “Yes he is.” EunJung was speechless with the reply, she open just to close it again.

 

“I know. It just stupid right join a group of hit man just to take vengeance one’s death.” Her eyes fall to the view in front, kids running around, playing with each other with no worries on their face.

 

“I’m sorry. But it’s not stupid to avenge the death of someone you love.”

 

“I actually want to move on; the thing was a lot of people were tricked by that bastard. He lied to everyone he met and everyone that had heard about him.”

 

EunJung was puzzled; she cannot understand what Fei was saying. “So… the killer is someone famous?”

 

“He is more than you can imagine; he is the biggest liar I have ever met.”

 

“I’m sorry again. You were very annoying at first but it seems I am the worse judge. Hey…be nice to me and I might help you out.” EunJung wiggles her eyebrows.

 

“That’s a deal.” Fei smile and held her hand out to shake the other hand.

 

“I told you the reason I entered this team, now tell me yours.”

 

EunJung smile flattened a bit; she looked at her feet and made some circle on the ground with her heels.

 

“Actually I was with Tabi; we were kinda stealing at this shop, for food, the owner notice and chase us around the block. Then we hid behind a car, the shopkeeper did not notice us, just right when we think he was gone he came from behind and grabs me on the neck, Tabi was panic but he manage to shoot his head.”

 

Just as EunJung try to continue her story, a little boy came asking for help from them.

 

“Mom felt down! She is not moving, help!”

 

 


 

 

Hastily, they follow the boy from behind. There he saw a woman laying on the grass, a pregnant woman. EunJung run next to the unconscious woman and held her head up. EunJung put her finger on her pulse.

 

“She is still breathing, but her pulse is weak. We need to get her to the hospital.” She stated to Fei. Fei nod his head.

 

“I’ll go get the car. Make sure she keeps breathing.” Fei is running to the company building to get the car that SeungWon borrowed her.

 

EunJung sat there in silence with the woman in her arm, her son was holding his tears; biting his lip.

 

“Don’t worry boy, your mom going to be saved. You have to be strong.”

 

The little boy nodded his head.

 


 

Fei speeds the car along the street to the park, the car stops with a screech.

 

“Come on get her in the car. Kid opens the back door.” Fei run toward EunJung and the out cold woman.

 

The little boy do what he is told, Fei help EunJung to carry the woman into the car. Once the pregnant woman settled in the car, Fei carried the boy to the front seat.

 

“Put on the seatbelt kid. We are going fast.” He quickly put the seatbelt on, he then gave a nod at Fei.

 

Once they arrive at the nearest hospital, doctors and nurses come running toward them. The woman was rush to the emergency room. The little boy stayed with Fei and EunJung.

 


 

 

 They waited for the past 30 minutes in silence until Fei decided to crack the silence.

 

“This place reminds you of your past, does it?” Fei voice is lower than when they were talking in the park.

 

“Yes. I took someone life for the first time here. I was nineteen.” Silence erupts once again.

 

“Ahjumma! Gomawo!” The little boy out of the blue shouts.

 

“You are welcome kiddo.” Fei said and EunJung ruffle the boy black silky hair.

 

“Your hair is pretty long kid. When your mom wakes up told her that you need a cut.” EunJung whispers, petting his head.

 


 

After a long  time, the doctor comes out with a smile plastered on his face. “The mother and the baby girl are safe, she manages to hold on for so long; I’m impressed. All she need is some rest, but the baby born pre-mature, we need to put her in the incubator, so it will cost a bit. So… who’ll pay?”

 

“Kid where is your daddy? Let ahjumma call him.” EunJung said to the little boy, but he shook his head.

 

“Appa is far away, there’s no way to call him. I’ve already tried calling him but when Umma found out she said Appa will never answers any phone calls anymore.”

 

EunJung look at Fei and Fei look at the doctor. “I’ll pay.”