How To Bring Her Back

Shoot Me

 

(A/N: Didn't have time to edit better the main image but this one is fine.)
-------------------------------------
 
 
Silence.
 
The contrast with the loud, slow breathing.
 
The gun was retracted back into the holster.
 
"What?" Jessica Jung tried to sound calm.
 
"That's what you heard. I love her." Yuri answered and half-smiled to Hyoyeon. Then, she turned to face the sheriff again. "I'll explain everything to you."
 
 
 
 
 
The night arrived and officer Choi went to walk around the streets. The loud sound of people chattering and doing their stuff filled the air.
Choi decided to pass by the BOOMERANG in her break time. When she was getting close to its location, she noticed the lights were off and the place was closed.
 
"Weird. It never closes at night." The policewoman stood in front of the window beside the door and peeked inside. Everything was dark, except for a spot on the counter. There was a weak light illuminating an object on top of the balcony. Sooyoung decided to warn her boss, sheriff Jung, as the latter was friends with the owner of the bar and the incident was not usual.
 
In her office, Jessica was still thinking about the whole situation Yuri was in. She shouldn't feel pity for Hyoyeon, yet the sheriff did not arrest the wanted bandit, Yuri convinced her not to, but they had to keep it a secret from the town for a while. The blonde's destiny would be chosen later.
Jessica heard a knock on the door.
 
"Come in."
 
Sooyoung stepped inside the room. "Sheriff. I'd like to warn you about something I saw at your friend's bar." She began.
 
Jessica straightened her position in her chair, demonstrating she was listening closely. "What happened at the bar?"
 
"I just passed by the BOOMERANG and it was closed. You told me your friend Taeyeon never closes it at night, but the most intriguing fact was that the inside of the building was all dark, but there was a light near the counter that showed there was something on top of it. I couldn't see it clearly, it was far from the window I was behind."
 
"Hm... all this scene... It looks like a message. Wait, didn't you see Taeyeon there or something?" 
 
"No, no light was on, not even on the second floor of the building." 
 
"That may be a bad sign." Jessica wondered. "Taeyeon didn't tell me anything about not working tonight. Sooyoung, let's go there now." The sheriff got up and headed to the said location.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"
IF YOU'RE READING THIS AND YOU'RE NOT THE SHERIFF, PUT THIS AWAY AND LEAVE!
 
~~~~~
 
Dear sheriff,
 
Long time no see! How are you doing? I'm super fine, by the way...
 
Anyway, have you seen your beloved midget around? 
No?
Oh, such a shame. 'Cause I have.
And I literally have her. 
 
If you want her back, I propose something:
 
You bring my two pretty partners (I know you got them in your hands) AND my favorite handgun back to me. Then, I'll give you your lovely friend back.
 
Simple, right? I think so too!
 
So, meet me at the gas station (ten miles away from the town) tomorrow by noon. 
 
 
PS: Go alone and don't be late. You won't like what will happen to your graceful blonde midget if you break the deal.
PSS: She's really cute, isn't she? Wouldn't it be a shame if she never showed up anymore?
 
 
With love,
Hwang Miyoung ♡ "
 
 
Jessica read the note, with a mix of feelings. She felt scared. Threatened. Angry. But at the same time, she knew the person she was chasing was the same one she met years ago and had never left her heart. Hyoyeon confirmed it, by the story of her life Jessica could tell everything fit. Speaking of her heart, the organ began to ache. Taeyeon was in danger, Stephanie was responsible for it. Jessica could understand her trauma and what she had become, but would never agree to the new way of living Stephanie chose for her life.
 
"She needs to stop." Jessica blurted out. "I need to stop her."
 
"What does it say?" Sooyoung asked referring to the note, she didn't read it because Jessica did it alone.
 
The sheriff remembered she couldn't tell where Hyoyeon was. "Says I have to put an end to all of this once and for all." And with that, she walked away from the policewoman, leaving her without understanding a thing.
 
 
 
'She asked for Yoona and Hyoyeon. Should I actually bring them or should I trick her?' The sheriff thought. 'I can't afford to let them go easily. They still have to pay for what they've done. Hmm... I gotta bring that redhead back to this town. And to me.'
 
 
 
 
// NEXT MORNING //
 
Yoona heard the door to the corridor of the cells opening. She lifted up from the bed to see what was going on. The steps were getting closer.
 
"Im Yoona, right? I need you to follow me." The sheriff opened Yoona's cell with a key and let her out. Yoona frowned. 
 
"Why?"
 
"We gotta pay a visit to your leader." Jung said.
 
"A visit...?" Yoona still didn't get where the conversation was going.
 
"Look, I'll explain it shortly to you: Hwang Miyoung kidnapped my friend and she wants you, your blonde partner and her handgun in exchange. So, you're coming with me."
 
Yoona just stared at her.
 
"What?"
 
"You're going to give me back to Hwang simply like that? Are you dumb?"
 
Jessica felt offended, but she let it go. "No. You're gonna be used for the visual. She'll see I have you both. But that's when my plan starts."
 
"So, after this whole trading thing, I'm coming back to my cell, isn't it?" Yoona sighed, already expecting the worse.
 
"Yoona. I've heard about your past..." Jung began but was interrupted.
 
"What?! Who told you what??" Yoona raised her voice.
 
"Hey, keep your voice down when talking to me. Hyoyeon told me. Listen... I know that your group do not kill people. I've been thinking a lot about what to do about you. So, now I'm offering you an opportunity: you return the stuff you stole and you go away from here forever or something. Go to another place where no one knows you and restart. I can give you the freedom you desire if you obey me."
 
Yoona kept thinking about the offer. She felt miserable enough all by herself in the prison's cell. Loneliness. She wouldn't want to go back there. And it was about time she abandoned that hard life of stealing and hiding.
 
Yoona breathed in and out, loudly.
 
"I'm in."
 
 
 
 
"Sheriff, what are you doing?" Officer Choi pointed to Yoona who was out of her cell.
 
"She's part of my plan. Officer, I will ask you not to interfere or question my actions today." Jung replied coldly. Choi only nodded and didn't dare to speak any longer.
 
"Yoona, come with me." Sheriff Jung ordered Yoona, who followed her outside the police station, handcuffed.
 
Jessica and Yoona entered Yuri's store without a word.
 
Yuri and Krystal greeted the sheriff and noticed the stranger's presence.
 
"Yuri, bring your girlfriend here." Jung ordered. Yuri was startled at the fact Jessica called Hyoyeon her "girlfriend". In the inside, she felt happy.
 
Yoona had a weird look on her face and softly poked Jung's arm. She whispered to her: "Girlfriend?" Jessica replied in the same low voice: "Long story, but that's exactly what you heard."
 
Hyoyeon came out of a room and noticed everyone was gathering in the main room. That's when she spotted someone familiar.
 
"YOONGIE?" "HYO!" Both of them said, surprised to see each other. They immediately ran towards each other and Hyoyeon wrapped her arms around Yoona. The taller one, unfortunately, couldn't hug back because of the handcuffs, but it didn't matter in the moment.
 
"Thought I'd never see you again." Yoona said, smiling a bit.
 
"Don't say that! I'd miss you so much if we never saw each other anymore." Hyoyeon pouted. Yoona was actually the closest Hyoyeon ever had of a friend. Hwang wasn't so intimate and was more bossy most of the time.
 
"Indeed." They let go of each other. Yuri felt a little jealous but kept quiet with crossed arms. Jessica interrupted the moment to say:
 
"Hyoyeon. I need you and Yoona to go somewhere with me."
 
"Why?" Yuri finally spoke.
 
Jessica turned to face Yuri. After hearing the news, Jessica was sure Yuri would freak out, yet there was no other choice but telling everyone what happened.
 
"Taeyeon was kidnapped by the leader of these two." Yuri widened her eyes and shivered. Taeyeon was a good friend of hers. "The kidnapper asked for Yoona and Hyoyeon. In exchange, I'll have Tae back. Our meeting is today."
 
"AND YOU'LL LET HYOYEONNIE GO WITH HER? AWAY FROM ME?? IS TODAY OUR LAST DAY TOGETHER?" Yuri felt desperate. Jessica was right about the outburst of the tanned girl.
 
"Yuri, let me finish! No, I won't give them to her. It's a trick, my plan. But I have to go alone with them. I will return your girlfriend to you, calm down, geez!"
 
Yuri sighed relieved. Krystal was silent but scared at the same time. "Unnie, please be careful. Also, bring Tae back safely. I believe in you." Krystal then hugged her sister reassuringly and the latter smiled.
 
"Of course I will." Jessica smiled back and explained the details of her plan to Yoona and Hyoyeon in particular.
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
I wonder what will happen in the gas station~ ^^
 
Oh, I see I trolled you guys about the kiss in the previous chapter LOL
I swear I didn't mean to!
But that word in the title surely draws attention :D kkk