Dreams

Shadows

"Jongin-ah, I want to be a doctor." Sehun absentmindedly picked at his lunch.

"You'd be great; you love people." Jongin said, flipping through a sports magazine.

"Jongin-ah, I want to be a teacher."

"You'd be wonderful; kids always follow what you say."

"Jongin-ah, I want to be a lawyer."

"You'd do well; you always stand up for others."

"Jon-"

"Are you trying to tell me something?" the tan male asked as he closed his magazine, "Because I'm really confused right now."

Sehun closed his eyes and lied down on the soft, green grass in the school courtyard. Kyungsoo quietly slid the youngest's head underneath his lap and his blonde hair. Sehun smiled and drifted off to sleep, leaving his twin with no answer.

"He's just happy today, Jongin. I guess he feels talkative." Kyungsoo whispered.

Jongin hummed in response, already refocused on the newest soccer rookies. A light breeze swept through the courtyard and gently shook the flowers surrounding the trio. Kyungsoo softly coaxed Jongin to eat the lunch that he had packed for all three of them and the other reluctantly gave up his magazine in favor of the tantalizing food in front of him. Sehun stirred occasionally, but he never fully awakened.

It was a comfortable routine and all three of them silently wished that it would stay that way forever.

 

~

 

A bucket of water splashed onto Kyungsoo, whose eyes widened at the sudden rush.

"Creep!"

"Weirdo!"

"Maniac!"

"Monster!"

Insults were screamed at him from all sides and each one was like a stab to his heart. The boys around him threw rocks at him and covered him in bags of flour. Kyungsoo did nothing but endure the pain.

"Stop!" Sehun's voice rang out from the crowd, momentarily halting the attacks.

He ran to Kyungsoo and enveloped him in a hug before checking him for major wounds. Flour covered his entire being and there were a few scratches on his arms and legs, but nothing serious. Sehun's eyes flared in fury, something very rare.

"Do you see what your doing to him?" he shouted to the other students, who looked around in shame, "Do Kyungsoo is a human being and you all are treating him like trash! He's not the monster, you guys are!"

A flurry of students ran out to Sehun and Kyungsoo, supporting them. A group tended to the shocked Kyungsoo while the rest flanked Sehun, making him seem invincible. Jongin watched the scene from the back of the crowd, quiet for once.

"It's none of your business, Student Council President," the village leader's son said harshly, "The monster should be chased out of the town before he kills anyone with his horrible powers!"

"Jang Leejin, if you and your cronies assault any of my fellow students for stupid reasons, it is my business." Sehun glared.

The other scoffed.

"For your information, you have no right to call me Jang Leejin. You must call me Lay, since we are not friends in any way. I bet the reason you want to protect this monster so much is because you are in a relationship with him. Am I not right?" he snarled at Sehun, who looked completely enraged.

The president grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and brought him closer to himself.

"And if I said I was, would you leave him alone?" he asked as he clutched the shocked boy.

Lay looked equally surprised, but managed to respond.

"Yes, but you wouldn't ever do th-"

"Attention everyone!" Sehun yelled, "From this moment on, anyone who torments Do Kyungsoo will recieve harsh punishment from me, Kim Sehun, his boyfriend!"

Everyone gasped; some in mortification, some in mere surprise. Sehun's supporters started to cheer and clapped for his announcement.

"Yongguk, take Kyungsoo to the nurse," Sehun said and the other boy nodded, "I'll be there shortly."

Vice President Yongguk hoisted the wide eyed boy onto his back and jogged to the nurse's office with a gummy smile. There, Nurse Hwang examined Kyungsoo.

"Looks good," she said, bandaging a small cut on Kyungsoo's leg, "These are superficial, so they'll heal in a few days. Meanwhile, don't strain yourself too much, there were a few nasty bruises on your back."

Yongguk smiled.

"That's good. Kyungsoo needs to be healthy now that he's our First Lady!" he laughed, "Or would you be our First Gentleman or something?"

Kyungsoo buried his flushed face into his hands.

"I don't even know why Sehun did that!" he groaned, "Now I'll be teased even more!"

The nurse next to him smiled and pat his back gently.

"From what I've heard, Kim Sehun pretty much saved you. Since you're his boyfriend now, no one will dare bully you again." she said.

"Yep! Tiffany is right! Our First Lady doesn't have to worry about anything!" Yongguk piped up.

"I'm the school nurse! Have some respect!" Tiffany scolded as she motioned to hit the student on his head. He ran away laughing.

"Rascal," she muttered and focused her attention on Kyungsoo once again, "But the kid has a point. You'll be fine."

A knock sounded in the nurse's office and the two turned to face a sheepish Sehun.

"Hey Kyungsoo. Can I talk to you?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

Kyungsoo nodded quietly. Tiffany shot him a grin and quickly left, muttering something about young love.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Why'd you do that?" Sehun asked.

Kyungsoo laughed quietly, "I could ask you the same thing. Why'd you lie like that?"

"Maybe I didn't lie. Maybe I really do want to be your boyfriend."

The room was silent for a minute. Not an awkward silence. Merely a contemplative one.

"What if I did too?" Kyungsoo smiled, "Would you accept me?"

"Yes! Of course!" Sehun laughed, hugging the other immediately, "I wouldn't even hesitate!"

Kyungsoo chuckled with him when Sehun suddenly covered his lips with his own. It was awkward and messy, but somehow still perfect. When they broke apart, they stared at eachother in shock.

"Um...that was...I didn't mean to scare you!" the president defended himself as his boyfriend turned a dark shade of red.

"I-I didn't mind." Kyungsoo whispered quietly.

Sehun smiled, looking at the raven haired boy in front of him.

"I see. I guess you won't mind this, then."

This time, when Sehun kissed Kyungsoo softly, it was sweet and gentle, as if they were the main characters of a cheesy fairytale. Neither of them noticed Jongin's hunched figure in the doorway staring at them.

 

~

 

As Jongin strolled down the hallway quietly, he passed by a crying boy he recognized as Lay's right hand man, Kim Junmyeon.

"What's wrong?" he asked, gently grabbing the other's wrist.

Junmyeon stared at him with large eyes.

"Kyungsoo-sshi, h-he's in danger!" he cried as he clutched Jongin's shoulders.

Jongin scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"He's being protected by Sehun, what are you talking about?"

Junmyeon shook his head quickly.

"The village head. The council of elders. They're all getting involved. They might kill Kyungsoo-sshi!"