— trolled by fate

Free From Oil
trolled by fate
"Fate is such a dang digity troll."
 
( ctrl + for bigger font )
The freedom of having my parents gone was not enough to get me drunk. It's an easy mistake for others my age to make, I must say. However, that mistake, I'll never make. Somehow, my cousin instead got drunk in the freedom and exploited my house as a place to have a spring break party.
Normally, I would go with my parents on their annual vacation to London. I figure this time, they didn't want me to go because we're running low on vacation money. I honestly don't understand how that is since we're practically called rich with thousands of money.
Because you know, you can't be labeled poor if you can afford to go to London each year.
Apparently, my house kind of looks like a mansion that can hold a super awesome party, so my cousin just happened to pick this place to party in. But hey, it's my third year in high school, I might as well enjoy this one.
In the midst of my daydreaming, the beloved cousin I've been talking about slammed my bedroom door open and rejoiced whilst drunk in my own freedom.
"PARTY TIME, BABY!" With lips blanketed with 3 layers of red lipstick, she smiled. "I'm finally finished with the decoration!" She jumped and in her landing a sigh of relief with a complete change of mood. "And you, missy, did not help at all! You can't just be lazy all the time, Mia."
I raised my eyebrow at her and made a face, with that tiny British accent in my voice, I corrected her, "Excuse me, but the only responsibility I have with this party is that it's in my house. Get your priorities straight, Gyurim." My voice manifested my bothered attitude, but as always, Gyurim took nothing seriously and kept on with the party business.
"What the heck are you wearing? This is a party, not a sleepover. Get off that bed, put on some nice looking clothes, and gussy up, girl!"
I looked down at what I was wearing: a California sweater and sweats.
"There's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing. It's comfortable and stuff so whatever, I'm not doing what you say." I stood up — which totally went against what I just said — and pointed at what she was wearing. "And what am I wearing? What are you wearing?"
Every time she moved, her s would jiggle due to that extra padding she had in that push-up bra and half shirt.That horrible piercing was shown on her belly button and I wanted to make her wear one of my mother's long skirts because of those booty shorts with floral design.
"Aren't you cold? It's the cold half of spring, you know."
"No, not at all. I can't be cold when I look good." She scoffed at me and began to exit.
I stopped her and asked when the party starts. 
"7:30."
I nodded awkwardly and she left. So it's six right now and nobody arrives one hour and thirty minutes early to a party. CHILL AND WALK I SHALL DO. 
After a few seconds, I followed Gyurim out and walked in the long hallway. The maroon carpet felt soft on my black socks. The view from upstairs was still as beautiful as ever; the classical appearance of our living room made me feel like a millionaire. I guess my mom was a millionaire before. She's from England after all, and iss British. I think she has a drop of royalty blood. I really don't know, but she was way more rich than she is now. My dad's side got some of her money after they married. Despite them being from poverty, getting my mother as an in law saved their lives, then after she suggested they try to win a lottery, they did. Now my family has a buttload of money.
My parent's love story is the cliche typical poor guy and rich girl drama tv show. In the end everything is happy for everyone, except for their kids. My brother, Jaeho, has to escape their consistent suggestions of medical school and becoming a doctor to keep the family money intact. He's failing school because of love problems and gets fired at every job he luckily gets.
Now on the other hand, I try to make friends but they all either move away or I do. Both my brother and I were forced to learn English in the time frame of two years, which was practically public school and home school together. To be honest, it was the most horrid two years of my life.
I could get a job, but I choose not to until I graduate. I absolutely will not go to college or any university. If my parents force me to, I will counter them by going to a community college. I guess in this pair of siblings, I'm the rebellious one. 
As I looked closer at my living room, I gagged. It was filled with boxes and coolers that obviously contained vodka and alcohol. I don't think I'll be able to survive this night without getting tempted. I've never drank before for my parents forbade me, and I never want to, but influence is strong.
"Gyurim!" I shouted, "I'll be going out, call me when people start coming." I felt my pocket to make sure my phone was there. I heard no reply from her. Oh well, I'll come back around the start.
Once I stepped outside, there was this little blob of doubt that dropped in my stomach. Hopefully, this party won't be a mess. As I started to walk, I gulped. What if they break something? Or Gyurim makes a mistake tonight while she's drunk? I shivered at thought of a couple or convenient strangers going into my room and doing that.
I walked until 7:30 so Gyurim wouldn't think I'm some paranoid weirdo, even though I honestly am. I walked rather far and it took me about 10 minutes to walk back halfway. Something crossed my mind; Gyurim hasn't called me and it's 7:39. I kept feeling my phone to check if it would ring. I was starting to see the big houses on my neighborhood block. So far, I don't hear any loud booming music.
I checked my phone. 7:52.
I ran.
Slowly I was starting to hear the ruckus. People were outside on the lawn, holding shots and bottles. Oh great. I slammed the door open and a guy's drunk face looked at mine. "WOAH! Little miss slow down, there's plenty of drinks for you." 
I glared at him. "SHUT YO MOUTH FOO." 
I didn't get to see what his reaction to my rage was because I continued running. It seemed like nobody was there because I didn't bump into anybody. The stairs were a horrible workout but I sprinted in the hallway. My room was the dead end of it, the perfect hiding place. I opened the door and to my delight found no one in there. Relief filled me up while I panted from running. 
Then the sound of \glass shattering echoed throw my ears. 
"SONG LEAH GYURIM!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WILL NOT TURN INTO SOME IDIOTIC RAVE PARTY!"
My voice pretty much boomed through the whole house but apparently nobody heard. My blood boiled. I need some fresh air. Down the stairs I went and pushed through the crowd of imbeciles, murmuring things on the way like, "Screw you, whoreo." "Move, you idiot." "What ignorant teenagers." "Freshmeat."
Once I reached the door, drunk-face pinned me and I screamed inside. He at me intensely but at the same time I knew he was crazy. Okay, I gotta admit, this guy is H-O-T. He has a handsome face. However, that lust in his chinky Asian eyes makes me want to slap him. 
"Where you goin' lil miss?"
"None of your business, lil drunk-faced moron."
"Calm down, girl." He leaned his head to the right, "Nice accent though."
"Screw you."
I pushed him out of the way and stormed out into the moonlight while a cold breeze blew. I let out a huge sigh because I was afraid to see what my house would become once I got back. 
"I'LL SAVE YOU A DRINK, LIL MISS!" 
I heard that guy's voice once again. Then I noticed it was raspy and deep like my brother's. I somewhat felt protected when I heard him, and I felt like I could trust that dude.  
 
 
 
 
short chapter much? i'm not that proud of it. ; ; so yea, you get a glimpse of how mia is and how gyurim is and also how jaeho is. 

i gave out some of her background too. hope it's not cliche or anything. gAGS. and btw, mia is half british half american.that's why she has a bit of an accent. 

berenice you aRE bere nice indeed.