Summer Lovin'

Cat Scratch Fever

 

 

YongGuk peered from inside of the small kitchen area, he could see all of his group members sitting uncomfortably on the L-shaped couch in the living-room. They were sweating.

This summer was abnormally cruel to them and the air conditioning had broken the day before. They had originally been scheduled to have dance practice on this day, but YoungJae had passed out last time from the heat. They were told to take a break, but it was difficult to see it as a break when they were feeling just as miserable as when they were dancing.


The TV was on and they were all either zoning out on it or just sitting there looking bored. YongGuk scanned his dongsaengs with worry on his face.


Then his gaze fell upon the second oldest of the group, Himchan. Himchan was sitting in between Daehyun and Jongup. YongGuk felt himself gulp at the sight of Himchan, he was so good looking. Even though they were close, and had a very comfortable and casual relationship, he couldn’t help but get this strange feeling around him recently.


His short black hair was sticking to the sides of his head with sweat and his eyes were squinting a little at the TV, he was wearing a black tanktop and a pair of yellow basketball shorts. He must’ve felt YongGuk’s silent gaze, because he turned his head and made eye-contact with him. YongGuk felt his face flush as he quickly looked away from the younger.


“Hyung ...come in here. It’s awkward with you looming over there”, said Zelo from the other room teasingly. Having the soft spot that he did for Zelo, he decided to listen. YongGuk shuffled into the living room. His heart was beating irregularly from interaction with the raven haired male. He stood next to the couch and a few confused heads turned to look at him.


“Um, Hyung? what’s up?”, Zelo questioned with an eyebrow raised. The leader just stood there for a moment.


“Can you guys make room?”, he muttered quietly in his deep voice. He only received a few muffled grunts in response as the others began scooting over to make a gap for him. He sat down in the small space and was immediately sorry for sitting there. He was sandwiched between the side of the couch and Daehyun’s body.


The silence resumed and eyes were back to being glued on the TV. YongGuk felt a discomforting tug in his chest when he noticed that Himchan’s milky white hand was casually laying on Daehyun’s thigh. He wanted to be mad at them, but then realized that it would be unreasonable. Ughh, how can Himchan touch people so carelessly, especially in this heat. Little did he know that Daehyun was also feeling uncomfortable and hot with the hand on his leg.


He sat there secretly hoping that Daehyun would get up and look for food again (like he had been doing all day). To his delight, Daehyun got up and headed to the fridge, leaving YongGuk next to a clingy Himchan. Himchan’s expression changed slightly and he gestured for the other male to sit closer to him. But isn’t it hot for him being so close?  He lost his train of thought when the black hair male leans close and blows a little on the back of his neck playfully.


“AGHH HIMCHAN--”, YongGuk jumped in surprise, his eyes wide.


“Geez Gukkie, I just wanted to help you cool off by blowing on you”, Himchan pouted his stupid little pout and crossed his arms dramatically.


The elder’s heart was beating out of control, but he couldn’t tell if it was out of surprise or if it was just being that close to the bunny toothed ulzzang that he usually couldn’t stand....