The Third Entry

The Melancholy of Jang Dongwoo

Sungyeol's Entry

Ok to be completely honest here, I don't think I can really pinpoint a time and place when I first started noticing Dongwoo Hyung being any different. I might have been the last to notice and I have completely failed as a member and younger brother to him. I can only remember some times where you'd expect him to act a certain way but he wouldn't. I'd just assume he was having an off day or something. the first time I found out hyung was acting weird was when Sunggyu Hyung made us have a meeting together. Without Dongwoo Hyung.

 

~*~

"OK guys. This has been going on for far to long. I don't want to single anybody out so we will do it this way. If you have a problem with any of the other members let it be known now and we will either mediate or let you fight it out but after this I want everybody better." Sunggyu was in full leader mode. I wonder what happened, "No? So no one has a problem with anyone? Well then good. As I'm sure you've noticed we are missing one member and I have some questions. Does any of you know what's going on with Dongwoo?" His question was met by silence.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked breaking the pause. 

"You guys haven't noticed that he's been acting really different lately? Less hyper but more active ,like he doesn't know what to do with himself?"

"Not to be funny but when does Dongwoo Hyung ever know what he wants to do?"

"I guess you have a point but have you ever know him to lie to us?"

Hoya spoke up, "When has he lied? I'm not going to sit here if we are just going to talk bad about Dongwoo behind his back. I expected better especially from you." Hoya made to leave the room.

"Stop Hoya, just hear me out. Lately he has been going somewhere am he doesn't want me or I'm guessing any of us to know about it. Last week on our day off i asked him where he was going and he told me to practice. I don't know what he practiced but I know it wasn't singing dancing or even acting. I was in the office that day and no one saw him and Hoya you told me that day that you didn't see him either. I called the musical tutor to see if Dongwoo was with him then and he told me that he was in Busan for the weekend meeting with family. And that wasn't the first time I've caught him in a lie. And I've asked him about it and he just gets even more closed off and tells me that he is handling something and he will tell me once its done. So I will ask once again, does anybody know what's happening with Dongwoo?"

I looked around to the other member. Hoya is still standing facing the door with his fist clenched. Woohyun eyes are darting back and forth not really looking at anything. Sungjong keeps looking toward the empty chair that Dongwoo was supposed to be in. L is biting his lip like he wants to say something but doesn't know where to begin and Sunggyu is looking intently at each and every one of us.

"I don't know but it sounds like Dongwoo hyung has a girlfireld. I mean it would explain the less cheeriness , the lying and the fact that he goes no where with out his phone lately. Hyung's got a lady and he doesn't want us to know about it." I spoke up with what I thought was going on. It sounds right. But I do have to wonder why is he keeping her a secret. The others started to relax a bit as my words made the most sense. If it was something bad he would have told us but something like this he probably wanted to keep to himself. Right?

Woohyun spoke up "Yeah, that has to be it right? He's got a lover and you know how Dongwoo can get. He's probabaly still trying to figure out how to balance his new love life and work. We've been there before. I'll talk to him and see if maybe I can help."

Sunggyu didn't seem as convinced, "You guys sure that's all that is bothering him? I mean it sounds good but why would he be unhappy then?"

"Maybe his girlfriend is giving him flack about not giving her enough time?" Myungsoo finally said . "That would explain the texts I saw..." He whispered the last bit to himself. I might have been the only one who heard that part. I'm going check hyung's phone later.

"So just to be sure. No one here has any problems with Dongwoo right?"

After everyone said no, Sunggyu let us all go and that was the first and last time we had a meeting about Dongwoo's behavior.

~*~

Maybe if I hadn't suggested he had a girlfriend we all wouldn't have brushed his changes off like that. Maybe if we would have confronted him altogether he would have told us what's going on. I did actually look though his phone for those texts that Myungsoo was talking about and I guess Hyung deleted them because there was nothing there. But, there was a new contact in his phone book that looked odd. Normally the contacts would be a nickname or have cute add-ons like hearts or happy faces after them but one entry I didn't recognize, GYW. That was it. I don't know if it mean's anything but I'd rather say something now then regret and have to write more in this journal later.

 


ok so no excuses except my original laptop died and i was really lazy and i didn't get a new one till this year... but all thanks shoulld go to the reader that reminded me that people are actually waiting for me to update.. thanks Feraworld... this updates for you. welp happy new year... 

 

ps after all the initial entry's of the members the format might change so i would love to hear from you guys i have a basic plan if you wanna see something i will try to work it into this story if not ill work it to another story im working on....

 

bb4n