A Momentary Disturbance

A Momentary Disturbance
Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you
Nothing can make me feel like you do
You know there's no one, I can relate to
I know we won't find a love that's so true

There's nothing like us
There's nothing like you and me
Together through the storm

Taemin’s heart was pounding so hard till he could hear the frantic beating of his heart in his ears. It wasn’t just because he had rushed his way home, drove as fast as he could back to their dorm, and hurried through their shared apartment (which was unusually silent but that was probably because it was coming to 2 in the morning and everyone must have been sleeping), walking so fast that he was almost running straight towards the door of Minho’s room; it was also because he was utterly nervous and deathly afraid of what would happen once Minho had opened the door which he was currently hammering so violently that for a split second, Taemin wondered if the door might just fall apart if Minho wasn’t going to open it any time soon. Lucky for Taemin, that wasn’t something he needed to worry about because Minho had finally answered the door in the next second.

“Hyung!” Taemin gasped with surprise because he had almost fell forward with the amount of force he was exerting on the door when it had suddenly opened and gave him nothing but air to knock on.

Minho blinked slowly, trying to understand the situation since he had just woken up from his sleep and was in the midst of regaining his consciousness. Once all traces of sleep were gone, Minho looked at the door and then looked at Taemin as he slowly said, “Taemin, the door wasn’t locked. You could have just come in.”

“Oh.” Taemin stupidly replied with an awkward smile before he said the first thing that came into his mind, “Umm, were you sleeping?”

Instantly realizing that that was a more stupid thing to say, Taemin cursed in his mind and quickly continued without giving Minho a chance to reply, “I, err, I’m sorry I woke you up.”

“It’s alright.” Minho waved Taemin’s apology away as he shook his head.

What followed was a moment where Taemin and Minho just simply looked at each other in silence, both not knowing what to do next until it suddenly occurred to Minho that he shouldn’t even be looking at Taemin right now because the maknae wasn’t supposed to be here.

“Hey, didn’t you say you would be spending the night at your own home? What are you doing back here in the dorm?” Upon noticing the conflict in Taemin’s expression, a frown immediately appeared on Minho’s face as he questioned, “What’s wrong, Taem?”

Looking away from Minho, Taemin bit his bottom lip and stared at his feet, having so much to say to the elder but not knowing where to start. It took a moment for him to finally compose himself and remind himself that there was no time to waste; so with a deep breath, Taemin found the courage to look Minho in the eye to say, “I’m sorry I lost my way, hyung.”

By then, Minho was right on the verge of losing it, getting increasingly anxious and worried by the second, but he forced himself to stay calm and wait for Taemin to explain things to him because patience was key when it came to dealing with the maknae. “Taemin, what are you saying?”

“I know what I want now, Minho hyung, and I want things to go back to how they used to be, I want… I want you to love me.” Taemin confessed, still feeling rather uneasy as he clenched and unclenched his fists nervously but remained headstrong as always, “I don’t care that I’m being selfish here but hyung, you’ve always allowed me to be selfish, you let me go when you should have stopped me, you let me have my way, you… you… I can’t believe you let me break your heart…”

Upon hearing what Taemin had to say, Minho felt a tug at his heart, a painful one that is. It didn’t help that it was hard to ignore how Taemin was trying his best to hold back his tears as he forced out the last sentence and wasn’t able to say anything more for fear that it would become more obvious that he was breaking down. With his heart aching almost as much as Taemin’s one was, Minho let out a sigh and stepped forward to bring the maknae into his arms.

“Tae, if I say you didn’t break my heart, would you believe me?” Minho asked as he stared blankly at the wall ahead.

Keeping silent because he still needed to calm himself down, Taemin shook his head against Minho’s shoulder instead.

“But it’s the truth… I would never fight a losing battle, Taem, I always knew you’d find your way back,” Understanding what Taemin had been sorry for earlier, Minho explained with a smile growing on his face as he hugged the maknae closer to him, aligning their bodies perfectly with one another, “You haven’t lost me, Taem. I’ve always been here waiting for you.”

“Hyung… I’m sorry.” Taemin muttered into Minho’s shirt, still hiding himself from the rapper, as he clutched Minho’s shirt tightly, “It took me too long to realize I can’t do without you in my life.”

“You really need to stop apologizing to me…” Minho pressed a kiss on the top of Taemin’s head and sighed, “You’re going to make me think you’re just here because you feel sorry for me.”

“What? No! Hyung, are you mad?” Taemin finally pushed himself away from Minho and stared at the elder in protest, “I’m not that sort of person!”

Minho laughed as he ruffled Taemin’s hair, “I know you aren’t…”

“Then why would you-” Taemin cut himself short when he saw the smile on Minho’s face and huffed, “Is it so fun to tease me?”  

Minho simply smiled even wider as a reply because there wasn’t a need to answer Taemin’s question when the answer was obvious, and not exactly important at that point in time.

“You’re doing that creepy smile again, Minho hyung…”

“I can’t help that I’m happy…”

“I am too, hyung… I’m happier than I ever could be.”

“But I haven’t even kissed you yet.”

Taemin choked on air, his cheeks reddening rapidly while he breathed in to exclaim, “Hyung! You didn’t have to say that out loud.”

“I, umm, I’m sorry?”

“What are you even sorry about?” Taemin rolled his eyes as he took a step forward and mumbled, “Just kiss me, damn it.”

“Since you asked for it…” Grinning, Minho tilted Taemin’s chin up so he could find the perfect angle to allow their lips to softly meet for a quick moment before he leaned his forehead against the maknae’s and said, “You know I’ll always let you have your way.”

“You can spoil me as much as you want, hyung.” Taemin roughly brought Minho’s face forward so he could mesh their lips together in a much more satisfying kiss that made them both breathless before he broke their kiss to threaten, “But I’ll make you die a slow, painful death if you ever let me leave you again.”

“Taemin ah…” Minho tried, he really did, but he couldn’t help but chuckle at the maknae’s attempt to be intimidating, “You’re adorable.”

It didn't help the situation but Taemin naturally pursed his lips into a pout, “I mean it, Minho hyung, I’ll make it happen.”

“And how would you do that?”

“I’ll… I’ll…” Taemin snapped his fingers when an idea struck him and in the next moment, he was out of Minho’s arms, taking a huge step back before he pointed at himself from head to toe, “I won’t let you come close to any of this.”

“And?”

“You won’t be able to hold me, kiss me, let alone, touch me…”

“That indeed sounds torturous enough…”

“Uh huh, you see what I mean… and that’s only the beginning.”

Minho nodded, thinking to himself for a moment before he said, “But to help me understand, you got to show me what I’m missing out first.”

And the next thing Taemin knew, Minho had pulled him forward, straight into his room, with an arm wrapped securely around his waist before he kicked the door shut with his foot.

“Maybe we can start tonight?” Minho suggested as he looked down at the maknae trapped in his arms.

“Good idea.” Taemin agreed, locking his hands behind Minho’s neck, before he grumbled out loud, “We’ve already wasted more than enough time because-”

The rest of Taemin’s complaints were silenced by Minho’s lips, for this was the only time he wasn’t going to let Taemin have his way. After all, they had more important things to get to, things that would make up for everything Taemin had put Minho through before he managed to find his way back home.