Best Friend

Best Friend

Kyuhyun’s brows meet in concentration; eyes never leaving the screen, and his finger were busy tapping the keys in his laptop when he heard a loud bang on his door, followed by a loud sob. He rolled his eyes and just ignored it and soon his best friend entered his room in a sobbing mess.
 


“Kyu…..”
 


Kyuhyun pretended that he did not hear anything and just continue playing his Starcraft. He definitely knows why his best friend is here and he doesn’t have any plans in listening to all of his rants all over again.
 


“Kyu…..”
 


Another loud sob and Kyuhyun still ignore it. A slight tug on his shirt and Kyuhyun mentally groaned in defeat. How can he pretend not to care for his precious best friend? He removed his headset and ends the game before turning his head around to look at his best friend. The sight that welcomes him almost broke his heart. His best friend’s hair was soaking wet and his clothes were all drenched. His best friend’s eyes were all red and puffy and tears were flowing out continuously from it and snots were flowing from his nose and Kyuhyun still found it adorable.
 


“What happened this time, Min?” Kyuhyun asked as he stood up.
 


He saw his best friend’s lips quivering and he can see how the latter was trying hard to suppress his tears from flowing. “Eun… Eunhyuk broke up with me.”
 


“And then?” Kyuhyun walked towards his closet and grabbed a towel and some pair of his dry clothes for Sungmin.
 


“He told me t-that he is in love with another man.”
 


“I’m glad. That’s good.” Kyuhyun said with a smirk. He saw his best friend’s eyes widened before a loud sob escaped from the latter’s mouth.
 


“You’re so cruel! You are supposed to comfort me.”
 


Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before throwing the clothes towards Sungmin. “That guy is not worth a single tear. Stop crying, will you? It doesn’t suit you at all. Go and take a shower before you catch a cold. I don’t want to be the one responsible in taking care of a sick bunny.”
 


Sungmin pouted his lips and angrily wiped his tears away. “Fine! I’ll just go home.”
 


Kyuhyun walked towards his bed and sat on it before looking at Sungmin. He crossed his arms on his chest and examined his best friend from head to toe. “Go on. I wonder how you will explain your current situation to your mother.”
 


Kyuhyun saw Sungmin flinched with what he said. He knows how Sungmin’s mother did not approve Eunhyuk from the moment his best friend introduced his boyfriend to his family. Mrs. Lee even threatened to send Sungmin to Japan if he will not broke up with Eunhyuk. With that, Sungmin kept his dates with Eunhyuk a secret from his mother and only Kyuhyun knows it. And being a good best friend that he is, Kyuhyun had always help Sungmin in meeting up with Eunhyuk despite his hatred towards his best friend’s lover. He knows how much of a player Eunhyuk is and he even saw the latter cheating behind Sungmin’s back. He told Sungmin about it which led to a heavy fight between them and making Sungmin hate him. But after a week that they did not see each other, and after thinking that Sungmin had really treat him like an enemy, he can’t believe that the latter is standing in front of him right now and crying with a broken heart.
 


“I can’t believe you’re my best friend.” Sungmin said angrily before stomping towards Kyuhyun’s bathroom.
 


Kyuhyun snickered as he saw Sungmin glaring at him before closing the door harshly. His smile faded as soon as the latter was not in his sight. How long has he been keeping it? It’s been sixteen years and yet the feelings he had for Sungmin had never fade and it even grow stronger as each day passes. Kyuhyun let himself fall on his bed and he stretched his arms wide as he stared at the ceiling.
 

 


FLASHBACK
 


Kyuhyun’s tongue was sticking out in concentration as his small thumbs were busy pressing buttons in the PSP that his father had given to him as a birthday present. His family decided to have an outing at the park but Kyuhyun became bored and good thing he brought his PSP with him.
 


“What are you playing?” A small voice asked beside him.
 


Kyuhyun jolted in surprise as he heard it and turned his head towards the owner of the voice. He was so into the game that he did not noticed someone sat beside him. He was about to yell at whoever rude boy that interrupted him when he saw the small boy’s face. He was so cute that Kyuhyun fought the urge in pinching those chubby and pinkish cheeks.
 


“I’m sorry for disturbing you.” The boy said politely.
 


“I’m glad that you noticed how much you really are disturbing me.” Kyuhyun did not mean it. He was supposed to say that it was okay and he don’t mind to be distracted from his game by someone as cute as this boy. He saw the boy pouted his lips and Kyuhyun wanted to squeal from the boy’s cuteness.
 


“You’re so mean. But I still want you to be my best friend.” The boy said before grabbing Kyuhyun’s hand and intertwining it with his. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened and he can feel his cheeks burning from the contact. “I’m Lee Sungmin, and starting today you, Cho Kyuhyun, are going to be my best friend whether you like it or not.”
 


“How did you know my name?” Kyuhyun asked as he let himself be dragged towards a swing by Sungmin.
 


Sungmin turned his head towards Kyuhyun and smiled at the latter. Kyuhyun’s heart leaped and his breath was caught on his throat from that beautiful smile that Sungmin had given him. “Because I’m a genius.”
 


“You are not. Maybe you are a stalker.” Kyuhyun retorted earning him a glare from the latter.
 


“I’m not a stalker! Our mothers are friends and your mother had talked about you a lot. So that’s how I got to know your name.”
 


“Maybe you are just making that up.”
 


“I am not!”
 


Arguments and more bickering that was how they spent their first meeting together. As the days go by, the two of them would always be seen hanging out together. Kyuhyun would always tease Sungmin and the latter would never get mad for real.
 


One day, Kyuhyun decided to go to the park where they first met and waited for Sungmin there. He wanted to give something for the boy since it was his birthday. An hour passed and Sungmin still did not show up and Kyuhyun was beginning to get nervous and worried. He decided to just go to Sungmin’s house and maybe the boy is there. He was about to leave when he saw a figure walking limply towards him. His heart sank when he saw the bruises on Sungmin’s face and his clothes were ripped. He hurriedly ran towards the latter.
 


“Sungmin, what happened?” Kyuhyun asked in worry.
 


Sungmin forced a smile as he looked at Kyuhyun. “The students at school hated boys that loves pink and likes a boy.”
 


Kyuhyun clenched his fist in anger. Sungmin is being bullied at school and he was not even there to protect his best friend. “I’m sorry.”
 


“Eh? Why are you apologizing? You are not the one who did this to me. And besides, this is nothing. I just don’t want to go home right now and let Mom see these bruises.”
 


“What nothing? They are bullying you for being who you are and I was not even there to protect and help you! I feel so useless.” Kyuhyun said in anger and Sungmin was dumbfounded. “Be who you are and don’t mind what they will say. I promise that from today onwards, I will always be there to protect you. I will always be here, Min.”
 


There was a moment of silence before Kyuhyun felt Sungmin’s small hands caressed his cheeks. He looked at Sungmin and saw the latter smiling at him beautifully. “Thank you, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin then pecked Kyuhyun’s cheek, making the latter surprise. From that day, Kyuhyun began to admit to himself that he likes Sungmin more than a best friend.
 


When they reached high school, Kyuhyun was determined to make Sungmin feel and see some signs of affection from him. They never left each other sides and they would always bicker, but that was how they enjoy each other’s company. He was about to confess when he found out that Sungmin and some random guy were dating. But the relationship of the two did not last for long and he was just overjoyed to hear that. But when they were in college, Sungmin met Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun felt so heartbroken when Sungmin told him that they were dating that he decided to visit some of his relatives in China and maybe even start to move on.
 


But that did not happen. Sungmin looked for him and even followed him in China. He was happy to know that his best friend misses him but when the latter began to talk about Eunhyuk, he can’t help but get frustrated and jealous.
 


He returned to Korea with Sungmin and promised himself that he will be with Sungmin as his best friend and just keep his feelings inside of him. Whenever Sungmin and his boyfriend had a fight and misunderstandings, it was he whom Sungmin always runs to. At first he would listen and give some advices for Sungmin. But it just keeps on repeating and his best friend does not seem to listen to any of his words. Sungmin is just too stubborn and Kyuhyun is now used to all of his dramas.
 


END OF FLASHBACK
 

 


Kyuhyun looked at the watch and saw that it was still eight in the evening. He stood up and grabbed his jacket and keys. He looked at the bathroom’s door before he opened his door and walked out of his room.
 


When Sungmin was done showering and putting on the clothes that Kyuhyun had given to him, he began to look for his best friend but could not find the latter in his room. He was still feeling bad with what happened between him and Eunhyuk. He thought that his ex was the one for him, but he was a fool to believe in all of that player’s words. He should’ve listened to his mother, most especially to Kyuhyun.
 


He had been best friends with Kyuhyun and yet he doubted his best friend’s warnings and care for him. Sungmin felt frustrated and he grabbed a box of tissue and began crying his heart out. It was his fault from the beginning. If only he-
 


The door suddenly opened and Sungmin saw Kyuhyun shaking his head in disbelief after seeing Sungmin crying again. Sungmin wiped his tears away before running towards Kyuhyun.
 


“Crying again? I told you it doesn’t suit you. Here.” Kyuhyun shoved the bubble tea in Sungmin’s face and the latter’s eyes sparkled in joy.
 


“Thank you so much, Kyu! Oh my God! I haven’t had a bubble tea for ages.” Sungmin exclaimed in excitement as he began to sip his bubble tea.
 


“Very exaggerating.” Kyuhyun said as he removed his jacket before walking towards his bed. “After that, cook some dinner for me.”
 


“Are you using this bubble tea to bribe me?” Sungmin asked in disbelief.
 


“Why not? You came here unexpectedly, used my bathroom, used my clothes, and I bought you a bubble tea despite the heavy rain outside. Well you always do that and since I am hungry, cook for me.” Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly as he lay down on his bed before closing his eyes.
 


“Why are you even my best friend?” Sungmin asked in frustration as he grabbed the door’s knob.
 


“Because you love me.” Kyuhyun replied. He meant it in a friendly way, but his heart was hoping that it was real.
 


Sungmin paused and his hold on the knob tightened as he gulped down an invisible lump on his throat. “Yes I do.”
 


Kyuhyun opened his eyes as he heard Sungmin’s answer. Usually, the latter would say that it was the most regretful thing that he had done, having someone as evil like Kyuhyun as his best friend. He felt something was totally odd with Sungmin right now. Kyuhyun turned towards Sungmin’s direction and he tried to brush the unknown feeling that’s starting to creep inside of him.
 


“If you don’t want to cook for me, I’ll let you rest now. I’ll just order something to eat later.” Kyuhyun said before closing his eyes again.
 


“Today, I don’t care what will happen. I don’t care if you will hate me. I don’t care if you will be disgusted of me. I don’t care if you will push me away and never wanted to see me anymore.” Sungmin said all of a sudden.
 


Kyuhyun got up and looked at his best friend’s back in confusion. “What has gotten into you? Are you talking to that door again? I never thought that being with Eunhyuk would turn you into a weird guy.”
 


“You always say that you will always be with me.”
 


“Yes, I did say that.” Kyuhyun replied. He was confused with Sungmin’s sudden change in behavior. He bought a bubble tea outside because he knows it will make his best friend feel better. Even though how hard the problem that Sungmin is going through, the bubble tea would make him forget about it which sometimes made Kyuhyun jealous.
 


“I never wanted to ruin the friendship that we had that’s why I chose to not tell you. But now, I don’t care anymore.”
 


“Sungmin, are you okay?” Kyuhyun was beginning to worry for his best friend.
 


“I was the one who made you my best friend and I was the one who has the right to end it. After this, you won’t be seeing me again.”
 


“Hey! What are you saying? You’re not planning to do some suicide, aren’t you?” Kyuhyun said trying to lighten up the atmosphere, but in truth he’s starting to get nervous.
 


“I love you, Kyuhyun.”
 


Kyuhyun smiled. How many times did he heard that from Sungmin and yet his heart is reacting to those words again. How much he wished for it to mean in a more than friendly way. “Yes, I know that. And I love you too, Min.”
 


“Eunhyuk and I, from the start, I know we are not real. I feel bad for using him in making me forget about my real feelings towards the guy I truly love. I can’t blame him for cheating behind my back because he has the right to do it. He had always been jealous.”
 


“What are you saying? If you feel bad for what I had told you awhile ago, you know I don’t mean any of it. I was only kidding when I said that I am glad that he broke up with you. I wanted to teach him a lesson for hurting you.”
 


“That’s the point!” Sungmin yelled, still facing his back towards Kyuhyun. “I wish that you are really and truly glad that he broke up with me.”
 


“What do you-“
 


“Are you dumb?! Or are you trying to act like one?” Sungmin asked in anger as he turned towards Kyuhyun. “I love you! You are the one I truly love, more than a best friend. I made friends with you because I always liked you since we were kids. I stalked you, yes. I’m a creep because I always wanted to be with you. The kids at school always bully me whenever I talked about you. When I got a good opportunity at the park, I introduced myself to you. I don’t want to be far from you that’s why I followed you in China. I always turn to you whenever I had problems because that’s the only time I could feel how much you care for me. Sometimes, I was hoping that you will get jealous whenever I talk about the guys I have dated, but I can’t see any signs of jealousy in you. I always dreamed of growing old with you. It sounds crazy but I always pray that one day you will fall for your best friend too.”
 


Kyuhyun was taken aback with the sudden confession from Sungmin that he doesn’t know what to say. Sungmin looked at the ground as tears fell down from his eyes. Kyuhyun has been longing for this day to come, where Sungmin would feel the same way as him. He thought that it was just some innocent move from Sungmin before when the latter told him to become his best friend and even when the latter kissed his cheek for the first time. He never thought that it was his best friend who has loved him secretly from the start.
 


“How can I tell you how I feel when you look so happy with Eunhyuk and with some of your lovers?” Kyuhyun asked after a moment of silence between them. “I’ve always been jealous and it frustrates me whenever I see you crying because of them.”
 


Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun in disbelief. “You…..”
 


“You are crying again.” Kyuhyun said as he walked towards Sungmin and gently wiped his best friend’s tears away. “How many times should I remind you that it doesn’t suit you? But if it’s because of me, I guess I have to take responsibility.”
 


Kyuhyun lowered his head towards Sungmin and their gazes met before the latter grabbed Kyuhyun’s neck and connected their lips in a passionate kiss. Kyuhyun was surprised with his best friend’s move before he began to respond to Sungmin’s kiss. The bubble tae in Sungmin’s hand fell down on the floor, spilling its contents. They soon began to taste each other’s cavern, making them both moan in satisfaction.
 


“I got a confession to make.” Kyuhyun whispered after they kissed. He rested his forehead against Sungmin while his hands were around the latter’s waist. “I fell in love with my best friend.”
 


“I’m glad.” Sungmin replied with a smile before pecking Kyuhyun’s lips.
 


“You’re a beautiful stalker and the cutest creep I’ve ever met. So, don’t even plan on leaving and ending what we had started. Or I’ll haunt you down, get it?” Kyuhyun threatened in a playful way making Sungmin chuckle.
 


“I won’t do that. I’m sorry for saying that to you.”
 


“I’m glad that you realize your mistake.” Kyuhyun replied in a sarcastic tone before his expression turned into a serious one again. “Do you know that I’ve always been keeping this love for you for sixteen years? I always wanted to hold you like this in my arms and kiss you like there’s no tomorrow.”
 


“Then let’s make up for those wasted time, shall we?” Sungmin whispered seductively.
 


Kyuhyun smirked and he suddenly lifted Sungmin in a bridal style.
 


“Then you better get ready.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

(a/n) Thank you to all of you... I passed my exams and trainings! LOL! Anyway, I hope you guys like this random story. And now, I'm off to writing and updating my other chaptered Kyumin fic...I'm really sorry for the long delay T_____T *bows 90 degrees*