First Meeting

Unexpected

 

I was so excited when I got the scholarship to study at Hongik. I had been studying fashion for a year when one of my professors came to my with the scholarship application to go overseas to South Korea, I didn’t think I would actually get into the program.

~~~~~~

I remember the day I got on the plane here, my dad worried about me living in a different country alone, my mom constantly wiping the tears from her eyes, sobbing about how much she would miss me or that she’d call every day to make sure I was ok.

“Milia if you need anything call, any time of day or night, or if you just want to talk.” My mom sobbed trying to dry her tears. My dad wrapped an arm around her consoling his wife, they said their goodbyes and I walked through security and boarded the plane to Seoul.

~~~~~~

Walking out of the main school building I headed down the street where I usually got coffee. It was just a small shop run by a really nice ajumma, she was actually one of the first people I met when I came to Hongdae.

“Ajumma! How had your day been?” I called back to the older woman as she came out of the back room of the shop smiling and holding a large cup of coffee.

“Milia you’re early! I thought you had later classes today” She greeted me and places the coffee on the small table I always sat at. I shook my head and smiled at her, taking a sip of the coffee.

“No, they were cancelled, the professor is sick.”

“Well don’t work too hard” She nodded to the notebooks I was pulling out of my bag and placing on the table. I had three projects to work on and the café was always my favourite place to work. It was small and cozy. Very quiet where I could collect my thoughts and work on my designs without interruptions from loud teenagers or drunk people. I could do it at home but I thought it was too lonely there, all alone in my small apartment, it felt better to have ajumma around to talk to or eat with. She felt like a second mother to me now, I appreciated what she did for me so much and she had taken a liking to me too.

“I won’t, I promise” I smiled once more at her, she walked away and I opened my books to my latest designs hoping I could get most of this done tonight.

~~~~~~~

I ran a hand through my red hair sighing as I finished the last of my third cup of coffee.

“Hyung!! I want hot chocolate!” I heard a deep voice enter the café right after the door chimed. A small frown appeared on my face.

*great now my quiet is going to be interrupted* I thought rolling at my eyes. I tried to go back to my book, having gotten almost the entire first project done, ignoring the voices of the boys who just came in.

“Hyung! Can we sit over here?” The deep voice exclaimed, I heard his footsteps coming closer. I ignored it, sketching out the back of the dress I was working on.

“WAAAA!!!!!” Hot brown liquid rained over not only me but the papers I had been working on for the past couple hours in front of me.

“AHHH! WHAT THE HELL?” I yelled, jumping up from my seat I turned to look at who had spilled stuff all over me. I saw a tall boy with blonde hair, wide eyes and a small pout playing on his lips. My eyes wandered over his tall form, taking all of him in. I had to admit he was good looking, but he ruined my work and I was angry with him.

“How do you trip over nothing?! Huh? Do you know how long I worked on that? Now everything is ruined!” I cried at him, tears threatening to spill when I looked at my destroyed work.

“I…I wasn’t looking where I was going….I’m sorry about your stuff” A deep, sad, whisper graced my ears. My head snapped his way, he had a look of remorse on his face, his head bent apologizing. I softened at the sight, I could tell he was truly sorry and I couldn’t be mad when he was so cute.

“It’s ok, I guess I can redo it, or ask for an extension.” I sighed, pouting slightly.

“Well, let me make it up to you!” He burst out, smiling widely at me. I raised an eye brow.

“Let me take you to dinner, to make it up to you for ruining your stuff.” He nodded his head, not taking ‘no’ for an answer. I giggled at his cuteness and nodded.

“I’m Jihoon” He stated, his eyes questioning and his eye brows raised.

“Milia”

_______________________________________________________________________

 

That was the first time Jihoon and I meet. Not the normal way a relationship starts I suppose, but it worked for us. And now almost a year later we were still together………..