On Hold

The Pavillion of Blue Tiles

Hey, how is it going in the office?

 

Not bad, but I got a ‘homework’ to do so I kinda need to multitask since we need to stay alert with all this craziness. What about you?

 

It’s kind of okay, but I guess the craziness might be a bit too much that it gets here too... I’ll tell you when I got home, or will you work overtime again?

 

Not sure. But I’ll call you if I won’t. Hope I’ll see you in a few hours though.

 

...

 

So you got promoted?

 

Kinda. I’m still doing some other stuffs we did as juniors though.

 

Hey, this is supposedly a good news! Cheer up! Congratulations.

 

I know, I just feel like something’s fishy. Isn’t it too early?

 

Well, yes. Don’t overthink it too much, maybe as you get involved, you’ll see why.

 

Yeah, you’re right. Hey, thanks for not being too assuring. I’ve heard enough of it at the office today.

 

No problem, it’s pretty similar with what I experienced two months ago so I understand. I just haven’t figured out the reason yet.

 

Guess we’re on the same page. How’s multitasking?

 

Horrible. But the chief said it’s not that urgent and that we need to focus on the hot potatoes, so he gave us some more time to finish it.

 

He should. You and the rest of the team would go nuts doing both at the same time. I bet all of you couldn’t even barely sleep out of anxiety.

 

Oh, tell me about it. Anyways, good luck on your first tomorrow! Let’s have a late dinner to celebrate afterwards. The usual?

 

Thanks. Yeah? That’d be cool, I’ll see you tomorrow by 10?

 

Deal. Now sleep! Big day tomorrow.

 

Ha-ha, yeah. Rest well.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Morning, Crew!” Jinki greeted them cheerfully, “ready for your first on-field assignment?”

“Morning, Captain,” Amber replied, “kinda’ nervous, but I guess we’ll do okay with your lead, right guys?”

“Yep,” Taemin agreed, “we have gone through the materials you assigned us to read too.”

“And we also did some background study of the president’s family,” Krystal added, quite curtly that Taemin squinted his eyebrows as he looked at her, only to be responded by a shrug.

“You guys seemed well-prepared,” Jinki commented, satisfied with his team, “so today we’re going to start with the President’s  daughter, mind briefing us about her, Am?”

“No problem,” Amber clicked her pointer, “Choi JinRi, or popularly known as Sulli, is the youngest of the two children of the President. After graduating from the Seoul School of Performing Arts a year ago, she starred at this movie that shots her name to fame, and currently is involved in a musical project. Noone knows she’s the daughter of the president since she herself asked to live away from her father and had never disclosed her real name to public. But...”

Taemin, Krystal and Jinki looked shifted their look to her as if asking what she had in mind.

 “I don’t really get how she can get off any suspicions that she’s related of someone important with a bunch of people trying to protect her before,” Amber continued, “added to that, I just feel like with how the tension’s going in which more security will be imposed to her, how will people not realize she’s related to someone of a high status?”

“Good point,” Jinki answered, “that is why we’re only watching her from afar. She personally will complain to her father about this, but she’ll not give us a hard time. Tonight will be the premiere of the musical. Our supervising team has arranged some of us to be part of the audience, and others placed under the list of the security team of the theatre guarding the entrance, but tonight our team is going to be placed near the dressing room and the exit.”

“So we’re still going to be in our attire, right?” Krystal asked, confirmed by a nod from Jinki.

“We’re leaving at noon for the building check and to blend in with the security team of the theatre, but first we’re meeting our supervising team.”

Amber clapped her hands, “right, so shall we?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The meeting with the supervising team was a quick one since Amber, Taemin and Krystal knew them as their seniors. Inspector General Jung himself introduced them to Jinki’s colleagues, Jung Yonghwa, Lee Joon and Lee Chaerin, also their leader, Chief Shim Changmin. All of them soon learned each other’s places and headed to the musical theatre. Amber and Taemin were placed near the dressing room, while Jinki and Krystal were placed in the exits near the hallway. In charge of the entrance were Joon and Yonghwa, while Chaerin and the Chief dressed up as audiences.

Once the rehearsal ended, all the actresses and actors got ready for the big premiere. Amber agreed that Sulli is the star of the night. Though her flawless exterior are covered in green paint, how she carried herself to mold into her character, Elphaba the Wicked Witch of the West, everyone who sees her just cannot miss her charm. Though at first Amber would have not minded much, now she couldn’t help but feel that she is going too miss quite a performance. As she knows how Taemin likes musicals and other art performances, Amber feels sorry for him too.

The team positioned themselves in their respective stations, so did Amber and Taemin stationed themselves in front of the entrance of the dressing room and stood firmly as they alerted themselves of what is around them. Just as Amber thought that blending in with the security team are not much of a problem since there are a lot of VIP guests attending the musical with their own hired bodyguards, from across the hall, Amber caught a glimpse of Sulli talking to Jinki for a brief moment, nodded, then proceded her way to the dressing room. After she went in, Amber contacted Jinki through the transceiver they had.

“She recognized you?”

Jinki touched his earpiece, “Yeah, maybe because I’ve been watching over her several times. We passed each other in the hallway and she can’t help but notice. Don’t worry, she understood the situation. Just stay alert.”

“Roger that,” Taemin replied, then he turned to Amber, “turns out she’s scary sharp, eh?”

“Well, with people trying to watch her from afar for almost seven years, she must have picked up something,” Amber shrugged, “found anything suspicious?”

“Other than that one crazy guy trying to get in for a picture though it’s not allowed, there’s nothing strange. Such determination,” Taemin clicked his tongue, “you found any?”

“None, I was just really amazed with how crazy the fans of these actors and actresses are. I understand the flowers and all, but containers of food even for the staff? Such dedication,” Amber replied as they snorted together. Just then, Jinki’s voice is heard through their earpieces.

“The show’s about to start.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The performance was a big success. The musical Wicked Sulli took part in is premiere nation-wide and people welcomed it with big hands. Soon, the actors and actresses went out for a small afterparty of the success, exchanging hopes for a better performance a month ahead. Sulli received a lot of praise, alongside another actress Park Sunyoung, who managed to pull off an amazing Glinda throughout the performance. The team stayed close to her and the other actors as they blended in with the bodyguards in the hotel area the celebration was held. They made sure Sulli went back to her apartment safely afterwards before they made it back to the headquarters.

“You guys have done a great job today,” Jinki began as they got ready to head back home, “we’ll be in charge with the same task in three days. Now go home and rest, you’ll have some paperworks to finish tomorrow, right?”

“Thanks, Chief,” Taemin replied, “yeah, we have this case to solve. You need to rest well too and be safe on your way home, hyung.”

With that Jinki smiled and went out ahead of them, leaving Amber, Taemin and Krystal who were still packing their stuff. Just then, Amber’s phone vibrated as a message arrived. As she checked it, Jinki went back in their office.

“Change of plan, guys. We’ll be on the lookout for the President’s daughter again tomorrow. Get some rest, okay?”

The three nodded, as they see Jinki left again. Amber sighed as she read the message again. This must be related to that as well....

"Something came up in the office. Guess we’ll need to postpone the dinner. Text me when you get home, okay? Sorry, Am. I'll make it up to you."

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Another character revealed, another situation arise! Hope you guys would leave more comments and tell me what you guys think of the story so far!

p.s I have not seen Wicked live before, but I love the story! Defying Gravity is definitely my favorite score, and Idina Menzel is a great singer :p