When He's Sick

When He's Sick

 

Cough. Cough. Sniff.

 

Cough.

 

Leo groaned loudly, his hand on his chest as he continued to cough uncontrollably. The rest of the members were out promoting for “On and On” and wouldn't return until way later into the night. He laid back against the arm rest once his coughing fit had subsided and threw his arm over his eyes, shutting them tightly while he attempted to choke back another cough.

 

“Aish...” He groaned quietly. It was times like this when he lived closer to home. It's not that Leo couldn't care for himself—he was more than capable of doing so—it was just easier with umma there to help care for him. It had been so long since he'd been cared for in that sort of environment. He sighed which triggered another fit of manic coughing and pushed that thought aside as he tried to settle in and get some rest.

 

He pulled the fleece over throw over his legs and he closed his eyes, drifting off almost immediately.

 

~*~

 

Something wet was on his forhead. He struggled to keep his eyes shut, willing himself back into his peaceful slumber, but the water dripping down from his forehead and trailing down the bridge of his nose made it difficult to retreat.

 

He scrunched up his nose in an effort to push the water out of his way, but gave up and let his eyes flutter open. He sat up causing a damp towel on his forehead to fall into his lap. He frowned adorably, confused. He didn't remember having a wet cloth before going to sleep. He sniffled when he felt his nose getting runny causing a delicious aroma to fill his nostrels. He blinked, frowning again before standing up carefully. He was a bit wobbly, but he followed the smell directly to the kitchen. He stopped in the doorway suddenly, blinking comically at what he saw.

 

He had seen an angel. There was an angle in his kitchen. And the angel was making chicken noodle soup.

 

He shook his head to try to clear his thought but immediately regretted it, groaning loudly and putting his hand to his forhead as though he would will the pain away. The angel turned when he groaned and his eyes widened dramatically as he watched smokey angel wings appear on the woman currently residing in his kitchen. She seemed alarmed. Had he frightened her?

 

Was he dreaming?

 

~*~

 

You stood over the pot of soup you were currently boiling on the stove in front of you. Tilting your head to the side, you watched the soup bubble. Is it supposed to be that color? You shrugged it off and added more chopped vegetables. Vegetables were healthy, right? You were so bad at this.

 

The second Hyuk told you that Leo was locked up in the dorm with a cold, you rushed over to play doctor. It wasn't a shock, really. Most everyone at JellyFish new about your one-sided love affair with VIXX's Leo.. except, it seemed, Leo.

 

You jumped suddenly, startled when you heard a strangled groan behind you. You turned around and spotted Leo standing in the doorway, his hand on his forehead and looking very much like a ghost. “Leo?” You frowned and began making your way towards him before realizing that your soup was burning as smoke filled the kitchen.

 

“Aigoo!” You quickly spun around and turned off the stove, moving the pot of soup to the back burner. Once you had the situation under control, you turned your attention back to the sick man that you were currently sharing the kitchen with. You frowned at him and moved forward, pushing his hand away from his forehead carefully and replacing it with yours instead.

 

“God, Leo.. you're burning up. Here.. sit down.” You put your hands on his back and helped him into a chair at the kitchen table. “I made you some soup.. it should help. Hold on.” You turned around once more and made you way around the unfamiliar kitchen. You had only been here a handful of times, so you still weren't familiar with all of your surroundings. After several minutes of searching, you finally found a bowl and spoon for Leo's soup. You washed them out throughly before preparing his meal.

 

~*~

 

He watched as the angel floated gracefully through his kitchen. He followed her every move, never once taking his eyes off of her. His eyes widened comically as the angel made her way towards him and took a seat in the chair next to his. She put a bowl of her cChicken Noodle Soup from Heaven on the table. “Let me help you,” she said.

 

She sounded like she was singing. Even her voice was heavenly.

 

He shook his head slowly, holding his hand out for the spoon. “I can do it,” he mumbled. “I don't want you to have to do this.” Angels shouldn't have to do work like her. What kind of angel was she?

 

Let me do it, Leo. You're too weak.” He stared at her, his eyes half-lidded as he studied her features. Her face was glowing like angels do.

 

~*~

 

You tipped the spoon towards Leo's mouth, wiping the sweat off of your forehead with the back of your free hand. You were burning up after spending half an hour bent over a pot of boiling hot soup. You continued to spoon feed Leo his soup all the while watching him to make sure he didn't pass out. He was still extremely pale and looked quite delirious.

 

Once you were finished, you stood up and carried the dishes to the sink and rinsed them out, loading them into the dishwasher so the boys didn't have to clean it up later. You made your way back over to your patient and held you hand out for him to take. “C'mon.. you need a hot bath to try to break your fever.” He nodded wordlessly, staring up at you from his seat before taking your hand and allowing you to lead him back to the bathroom.

 

~*~

 

Where is she taking me? Leo looked around as the angel lead him down the dark hallways of his dormitory. She stopped in front of a door and opened it slowly, leading him inside and letting go of his hand. He frowned when she did and lifted his hand to look at it, turning it over again and again. His frown deepened as he stood there silently wishing that she hadn't let go.

 

He watched the angel as she made her way across the bathroom and the water faucet for.... the bathtub? Leo tilted his head to the side cutely, looking much like a confused puppy. Why was she turning on the tub? Did the angel need a bath?

 

The angel finished drawing the bath as she turned to face Leo once more. He watched her, completely mesmerised as he caught another glimpse of her smoky white wings.

 

~*~

 

You turned to face Leo after the tub finished filling and you were certain that it was steaming up nicely. You made your way over to him and blinked as you realized that he was probably going to need help undressing. “Uhm...” you started, your face heating up quickly. “I'm going to help you.. okay?” Leo just nodded, his eyes trained on your face.

 

Why was he so intent on watching me? You thought. It seemed as though Leo hadn't stopped watching you since he stepped foot into the kitchen. You shook your head, pushing the though out of your mind as you helped Leo out of his shirt. You discarded his shirt in an empty clothes basket next to the sink an turned your attention back to—woah.

 

Leo works out.

 

You blinked and swallowed heavily as you started at his sculpted body in front of you. If you weren't blushing before, you definitely were now. Your hands shaking, you slowly lifted them to help Leo out of his sweatpants when his hands grabbed yours suddenly. “I can do this part,” he said quietly. You just nodded. Thank God. You made your way out of the bathroom and shut the door behind you so Leo could take his bath in peace.

 

You made up the bed while Leo rested in the bath tub and made your way back to the kitchen to grab him a glass of water and some medicine to help bring down his fever. When you made your way back to his room, you saw that he had already changed into different sweats and was standing in the middle of the room as though he were lost.

 

“Leo?”

 

~*~

 

Leo heard the angel calling his name and turned to find her standing in the doorway of his room. He stared at her as she set a glass of water on the table by his bed and turned her attention back to him. “You should rest, Leo,” she sang to him. “Everyone is counting on you to get better.”

 

He just nodded as she grabbed his hand and lead him to his bed. She pulled back the covers for him and helped him lay down, tucking him in nicely. “Take this,” she said, handing him a pill. “You'll feel better.” She smiled sweetly at him and handed him the glass of water.

 

Was this a trick? He thought. What would happen if he took the pill she had just handed him?

 

Take it, Leo.” She said breathlessly. “I wouldn't give you anything that would hurt you.” He nodded once more, trusting her fully and took the pill, swallowing it down with the glass of water. She smiled at him once more and took his glass from him while helping him lay back against the pillows. She didn't move for a moment before she leaned forward slowly, placing a sweet kiss on his forehead.

 

I hope you feel better, Leo.” She whispered, her lips still lingering over his forehead. A small smile played on his lips while he slowly drifted off to sleep, the angel disappearing from his sight.

 

~*~

 

Leo woke up later that night and sat up groggily, running a hand through his hair and looking around his room. He blinked a few times in order to wake himself up. What kind of crazy dream was that?

 

He shook his head and pushed the covers off of him. He put his hand against his face and realized that he was sweating. “Fever's breaking,” he mumbled sleepily as he got out of bed. He made his way towards the bathroom to wash the sweat off of his face and blinked when he saw his reflection in the mirror.

 

On his forehead were the bright red lip prints of a kiss.

 

He stared at the mirror in bewilderment.

 

The angel was real?