setting out

Pokemon master Taeyeon

Tiffany, and Taeyeon left the pokemon center about two hours before dark, they manage to make it back to little root before darkness could saturate the sky.


"Lets go see my dad, first" TIffany said, while grabbing Taeyeon's arm, and dragging her to the pokemon lab."Then we can speak with your mom"


Tiffany strolled right through the revolving doors, and greeted the security guard, as if her dad ran the place. which he did.


"Oh there you are Tiffany" Professor Hwang said, "I was getting worried, you don't usually stay out so late"


"Hello dad" Tiffany said with a smile, " I got great news"


"News?" Professor Hwang asked, slightly confused her daughter had not been too happy with him. ever since he told her she couldn't leave on  her pokemon journey alone. "What kind of news?"


(A/N

Time to nail this down Can't really write a story about ten year old Taeyeon, {it be weird just think about it, back in those days they were’t even trainees, they were just kids who got up put on their school uniforms and attended school like everyone else, better stick to their Idol years} so in this pokemon universe teens aren't considered adults until they reach the age of 20, Like in South korea. Thats when they can get their first pokemon, and leave on pokemon journeys.

Now doesn't that make more sense than ten year olds being allowed to leave their home towns and travel the world, with nothing but their pets for company, and protection?

Tiffany just turned 20 the month before the beginning of this story, Taeyeon is 21. So this story begins in september, so winter.

Alright now thats out of the way, back to Emerald)


"Taeyeon here has agreed to travel with me" Tiffany said, and hugged Taeyeon,


"Taeyeon?" Prof. Hwang asked, reeling from the news, "The girl who just moved here? The one you just meet? The girl who hasn't been in the Hoenn region for even 24 hours?"


"Yup" Tiffany said, not caring that her dad's voiced rose with every question, "We'll be leaving in a couple days, as soon as we can get some basic equipment for Tae"


"Please don't Worry Prof. Hwang" Taeyeon spoke up, "I'll take good, care of Tiffany, and She'll take good care of me we'll be fine"

Professor Hwang had been about to protest, before Taeyeon had spoken, But he stopped, and got himself back into control, Luckily Tiffany had been so excited by the prospect of heading off, that she hadn't even notice how close her protective father had come to blowing a gasket.


"Alright I guess" Prof. Hwang said with a sight, "you two are after all adults now, Just promise to call often"


"Sure dad" Tiffany said, "Now we just have to tell your mom, and get you some gear"


"That reminds me, These come in this morning" Professor Hawng said, while rummaging through several large crates, "Thats the reason I asked Taeyeon to go look for you"


"What is it?" Tiffany asked, trying to peek over her dad's shoulder.


"These are the newest in Pokedex Tech" Prof. Hawng finally found a pair of small packages, and held them over his head triumphantly, "I ordered two of them last week, Now that you’re heading off, you could use one to help learn more about pokemon, and since Taeyeon can probably put it to use better than I can, here"


Professor Hwang Handed two small packages to Tiffany, and Taeyeon.

Both girls ripped open the packages. Tiffany held a small blue gadget, about the size of a large cellphone, with a large touchscreen taking over the entire front of the device, Taeyeon held a similar device but bright pink.


Tiffany, and Taeyeon looked at each other, and with out a single word traded Pokedexes.

"Lets go find my mom!" Taeyeon said with a sigh, her mom wouldn't be happy about any of this.


The two girls left the lab, and headed to Taeyeon's House.


As Taeyeon was about to open the front door, a delivery truck with the words POKe-X (FED-ex) stopped next to the mailbox.


"Are you by any chance Taeyeon?" The delivery man asked, reading off his clipboard.


"Yeah Thats me"


"Please Sign here, and I will get your package" The Man handed a rather confused Taeyeon his clipboard, and a pen.


Tiffany laughed, as Taeyeon signed on the dotted line, and the delivery man soon got a medium size cardboard box from the back of his truck, and drove off in record time.


"What's so Funny?"


"Nothing" Tiffany said with a dismissing wave.


'only that you make the cutest expression when you're confused' Tiffany thought to herself.


"Now lets see whats in here"


Together they brought the surprisingly heavy package into the house, and set it on the dining room table.


"There you are Taeyeon" Taeyeon's mom, walked into the kitchen, "Who's this?, a new friend?"


"Annyong ha sae yo Nae irumun Tiffany imnida!" Tiffany said bowing slightly.


"Oh Tiffany? you must be the next door neighbor" Taeyeon's mom said, "your dad runs the POKe-lab in town right?"


"Hey mom were you expecting this?" Taeyeon asked signaling to the package on the table.


"Oh yes your dad, said he would send something for you" Taeyeon's mom said, "Something about you 'needing it soon', whatever that means"


"Dad sent this?" Taeyeon asked confused, her dad was the Leader of the Pokemon gym not far from little root, His new position as Gym leader was the reason for their move to the Hoenn region.


"Well aren't you going to open it?" Tiffany asked curious.


Tiffany, and Taeyeon tore the cardboard box to shreds, with all the destructive power of a small hurricane. Inside they found a blue trail backpack, a camping roll, and a bunch of other traveling supplies, and Tools.


"Its a full trainer pack!" Tiffany said, "It looks to be better stocked than mine"


"A Trainer pack?" Taeyeon's mom said, laughing slightly "your dad must be losing it, why would you need a trainer pack, its not like you're out traveling from town to town everyday"

"Actually"


Her mom's laughter stopped, abruptly, and she looked at her daughter. "What do you mean actually?"


"Well mom you see, uhh" Taeyeon said, struggling to get the words out. "Its like this, you see, it, no wait it was this morning"


"Taeyeon just spit it out already" Taeyeon's mom, said slightly impatient, "you're an adult after all"


"I"mleavingonapokemonjourneywithtiffany,we'llbesettingouttomorrow" Taeyeon said, rushing through the words, making absolutly no sense.


“Whoa slow down sweetie”


Tiffany  softly placed her hand on Taeyeon's shoulder, and softly whispered. "Deep breaths, Tae, you got this"


Taeyeon took a deep breath.


"Mom, i have decided to start a pokemon journey, with tiffany" taeyeon smiled sheepishly at her stunned mom.


"But Taeyeon we got here this morning, you can't set off, with a neighbor you just meet. With a pokemon that as only been with you for a few hours" taeyeon's mom laughed lightly at the silliness of her daughter.


Taeyeon gritted her teeth. Nothing set her off like being told she couldn't do something. Back in her school days it landed her in the headmaster's office at least one a week.


"Actually mom i can and i will, we set out tomorrow"


The fuming girl turned her back on her mom and began packing all the gear into the large blue backpack.


"Would you two like some sandwiches for the road?" Taeyeon's mom began pulling ingredients from the pantry. "Have you two decided where you're head to first"


"Uh" tiffany looked from Taeyeon to her mom. "Yeah, i thought it be best if we start at the rock gym in Rustboro city"

“Alright that makes sense” Taeyeon’s mom nodded, “But Tae you might want to stop at the Petalburg gym, and pay your dad a visit, he did after all guess you be heading off”


“Alright mom”


Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon, who was still busy packing. It was finally happening, pure energy ran through Tiffany’s veins, after so much waiting, and anticipating, she was finally ready to set off into the world. Needless to say that night neither girl manage to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sunlight broke through a gap in the brightly colored shades, and illuminated a princess style room, with a four poster bed. on the bed cushion under a pink comforter, laid a red haired girl, in pink pajamas. her eyes puffy from lack of sleep.


BEEEP BEEEEP!!!!!!


Tiffany shot upright, and slammed her hand down on the alarm clock, putting a quick stop to the annoying machine.


“Today is the day!!” Tiffany left her bed, took a fast shower, and got dressed on her red trainer gear.


Tiffany bounced down the stair, the excitement to head off, completely erased her weariness, and canceled out the lack of sleep. Her Dad had already left for the poke lab. Which was fine they had said their goodbyes the night before.


Tiffany grabbed a quick breakfast consisting of toast, and a tall glass of golden orange juice. all the while humming under her breath.


‘time to go’ Tiffany thought to herself, glancing at the wall clock, which read 8:30. ‘Taeyeon must be ready by now’


Tiffany dashed out the door, grabbing her backpack, from the living room.


KNOCK< KNOCK


.”Morning Tiffany” Taeyeon’s mom opened the door. “look at you, so cute”


“Good morning, is Taeyeon ready”

“She’s probably still sleep, Taeyeon is not exactly an early riser” Taeyeon’s mom chuckled. “her room is the second door on the right of the stairs”


With a quick thanks, Tiffany dashed up the stairs, and crashed through the second door on the right of the stairs.


She was greeted by a blue painted room, a small desk on one corner, a tv mounted on the left wall, and a large bed occupied the center of the room, on it the brunette still slumbered.


As Tiffany approach the bed, she didn’t notice the sleeping pokemon at the foot of the bed, and tripped over the poor mudkip.


“Kip Kiiip!!” exclaimed the small creature.


Tiffany feel right on top of the Taeyeon, roughly waking the sleeping girl.


“YAH!!” Taeyeon shouted in surprise, “what's going going here?”


Tiffanyt quickly rolled off the bed, embarrassed, once she was up, she noticed Taeyeon’s sleeping mate.


“You sleep with a dukoong?” Tiffany asked incredulous, while holding the pea shaped plush.


“What?! no, of course not” Taeyeon blushed a deep shade of red, "what are you doing in my room anyway"


"It's time to go" tiffany chuckled at Taeyeon's attempt to hide her dukoong. "I will wait downstairs"


"Yeah, yeah" The second Tiffany left the room Taeyeon pressed her precious Dukoong to her chest, and stuffed the adorable plushie into her backpack.


After a quick breakfast, and a quick goodbye. Taeyeon and Tiffany left the town limits, and headed off into the rising sun. Mudkip cheerfully carrying Torchic on his back.