03 // chores.

My Angelic Devil

The bell for the end of the day rang and as everyone packed books, Hyejin came over to me.

“Jiwon-ah, I heard that today Infinite has a fan meet near the local shopping centre!” She said excitedly. “Come on and let’s go quickly! You can go, right?” Hearing this almost made my day. Almost.

“Yes! I would lov—“ All of a sudden, my phone’s text tone went off and I stared strangely at the message before receiving a mental heart attack at the sender’s name. Chunji!?

‘Go and get me a box of Hawaiian pizza, then deliver it to the school roof. Now.’ The text read. My eyebrows knitted together as I re-read the text once more. No. Not at this time. He couldn’t.

Feeling a little braver because we weren’t face to face, I decided to type something back.

‘Why can’t you just get it your—‘ Before I was able to finish my text, my phone buzzed again and the picture of the two of us appeared onto my screen, causing me to jump. The caption underneath said, ‘if you don’t then this is going on the school site.’ Immediately, I shut my phone and turned to Hyejin, trying to cover up my obvious disappointed look.

“I’m really sorry but I can’t go,” I replied, feeling like a kid without a Christmas present. “I…I have stuff to do.” Hyejin’s face dropped.

“What? But…But its Infinite, our ultimate favourite band!” She exclaimed. “Surely, what you have to do isn’t as important as Infinite, right?” I smiled weakly. Oh, if only.

 

As Hyejin waved goodbye at me and left to the local shopping centre, I ran all the way to the nearest pizza shop which happened to be situated in the opposite direction of the shopping centre. Great, I was even further away from meeting Infinite now. I sighed heavily and pushed my glasses up.

“One box of Hawaiian pizza please!” I said, taking out some money and paying for the pizza. After a while of waiting for the pizza to be ready, I carefully took the box between both of my hands and made a run for it back to school. The pizza was hot and I’d heard previously from others that Chunji was a fussy eater. Therefore he’d most likely complain if the pizza wasn’t as hot when it would get to him. I sighed heavily and continued to look forward and run.

Suddenly, my foot touched something soft and I found myself tumbling over, dropping the pizza box. I landed on the floor, flat on my face, while the pizza box soared and landed open a few meters ahead of me. While that happened, a few pieces spilled out onto the rough surface of the ground. My nose stung as I lifted my face from the ground to see what I had tripped over.

For a moment, I thought it was a dead body.

But then, the body moved and two eyes opened slowly to look at me. I stared back, bewildered. The body, which happened to be a familiar looking boy, moved and his arm rubbed at his eyes, yawning.

“You’ve disrupted me from my nap,” He said, sitting up and looking around at his surroundings. “Say, where are we?” Nap? Nap?

“Um,” I replied uncomfortably. “We’re in the middle of the street near school.” I noted his school uniform which was the same school as mine.

“I fell asleep in the middle of the street?” The boy looked thoughtful. “I guess it’s happened before.” He then sniffed the air curiously and turned his head to look at the ruined pizza that was all sprawled on the ground.

“You bought pizza?” He asked. “Is this, by any chance, from Chunji?” I blinked.

“Y-You know?” The boy shrugged and picked a piece off from the floor.

“Why wouldn’t I? He was bragging about how he’d gotten some new slave or something.” He took a bite. “We’re friends, you know.” In some way, I didn’t find this surprising. They were both creepy so why not?

I decided not to say anything about the pizza being dirty after being on the ground and sniffed, wiping my nose. That’s when I realised that my nose was bleeding.

“Ah!” I hurriedly rummaged my pockets for tissues but found none. The boy sitting in front of me, casually eating the pizza watched as I fumbled around in search for a tissue and with one swift motion, took out a packet of tissues from his pocket. I stopped as he handed them to me.

“Th-Thanks,” Hesitantly, I used one and lifted my head, dabbing at my nose.

“What’s your name?” The boy asked. I slowly moved my head back down as I answered, blinking once. “Han Jiwon,” I replied. “Class 2-B’s Han Jiwon. What about you?” The boy nodded, still chewing on the pizza.

“Ah, I’m in 2-B too. Kind of,” He replied. “Although I don’t attend classes often because I can’t be bothered. I’m L. Joe.” The moment of realisation made me drop the tissue in surprise.

“So that’s why you look so familiar!” I exclaimed. “You’re that Lee Byunghun-sshi that never comes to class!” L. Joe nodded and then shrugged. Not only did his name allow me to remember that we were in the same class, I remembered he was also always hanging out with Chunji while I used to just watch from afar.

A sharp pang coursed through me as I suddenly thought of Chunji, who was probably still either at or not at the school roof waiting for his pizza. Perhaps he was going to upload the picture now. My eyes widened. He couldn’t.

“I-I-I need to get to the school roof!” I stuttered, standing up quickly and gathering the escaped pizza back inside the box. “I’ve got to deliver these quickly otherwise…” I trailed off and just made a run for it, leaving L. Joe behind as I ran. He couldn’t upload that picture. He couldn’t.

 

“THE PIZZA IS HERE.” I yelled as I burst through the door to the school roof, panting. As expected, Chunji was already there despite the fact that he was tapping his foot rather impatiently. I gasped for breath as he came to me and opened the box.

“You didn’t…upload the picture…right?” I panted. Chunji simply frowned as he studied a piece of the pizza.

“Did this go on the floor?” He asked coldly. “It’s cold, right?”

“It-It’s still edible…” I replied. “If you just—“ Chunji shook his head.

“Nope. No good. Go and buy another box.” He ordered. I looked at him, bewildered.

What?

I started to grow slightly annoyed at his behaviour as I tried to reason with him.

“You can just microwave it or something,” I said. “It’s not even that dirty. Byunghun-sshi had some too.”

“What?” Chunji asked. “L. Joe ate some too?” I didn’t reply and Chunji shook his head once more.

“Go buy me a new box of pizza,” He said. “And I want it back in about 5 minutes, hot.” I grit my teeth.

“Why…can’t you just eat this box?” I asked.

“Because it’s cold,” He replied, shrugging. “Someone like me shouldn’t eat cold f—“ Piled up with massive amounts of annoyance, I threw the pizza at his face.

“ IT UP, PRINCESS.” I yelled and before I knew what I was actually doing, I made a run for it.

 


woops, it's been a while! o/;;;