02 // threats.

My Angelic Devil

 

That's not Chunji’s voice. It can’t be his voice. Chunji’s voice is usually always so light and angelic, unlike this.

Slowly and regretfully, I turned my head and Chunji and I met eyes. He seemed to be glaring a little. I gulped.

“Aish, why are you everywhere?” He sighed irritably and ran his fingers through his hair. “How bothersome.” I stood still, frozen and speechless.

Chunji...He’s...He’s not angelic at all.

Noticing my shocked silence, Chunji gave an annoyed look and opened his mouth to say something. All of a sudden, Hyejin’s loud voice outside cut him off.

“Jiwon-ah! Where are you? Han Jiwon! ” I quickly turned around to see Hyejin running around outside. My legs finally reacted and leaving Chunji there, I ran outside and greeted her shakily.

Hyejin waved the present proudly in her hand and grinned.

“I bought the perfect present and I’m sure eomma will love it. But Jiwon-ah, where were you? I was looking everywhere for you! I even called you!” She then stopped and studied my face carefully. “Are you okay? You’re a bit pale.” Deciding not to tell her what had happened; I shook my head and smiled a little.

“I’m fine, just a bit tired I guess.” I lied. “Are there any other places you want to go to?”

“Hmm, I think I’ll need to go to the electronics shop after this,” Hyejin nodded. “I saw this cute phone charm the other day that I want to get.” I stopped at the mention of a phone and quickly dug into my pockets.

My phone! Where is my phone?

I bit my lip as I suddenly remembered how I bumped my head on the fire extinguisher earlier on.

It must’ve fallen out then.

 I slowly looked back at the club and sulked. I did not want to go back to that place.

“Jiwon-ah? Are you sure you’re okay?” Hyejin frowned and looked a little worried. I put on a small smile and nodded.

“It’s nothing. Come on; let’s go get that phone charm.”

 

That night I couldn't fall asleep and was thinking about the things happened in that club and Chunji’s glare.

The next day, as usual, I saw Chunji walked down the hallway with his angelic smile, he greeted everyone nicely as usual.

I’m sure he saw me. He gave me a quick glare and walked away.

So that wasn't a dream at all.

 

NO ONE’S POV;

Hyejin walked down the hallway as the bell went for lunchtime. Since Jiwon seemed strangely tired today, Hyejin helped her take her books back to her locker so she could rest at the classroom.

Hyejin sighed and lowered her head, feeling worried for her friend. A good student like Jiwon wouldn’t usually get less sleep, what had happened? She lifted her head again and blinked as suddenly, Chunji walked towards her.

“Hello there, by any chance do you know which class Han Jiwon is in?” He asked her, smiling. Hyejin blinked again.

“What?”

 

JIWON’S POV;

“JIWON-AH! YAH, JIWON-AH! WAKE UP!” Hyejin shook me back and forth and I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

“What is it?” I asked groggily.

“It’s Chunji!” She hissed. “Lee Chanhee wants to talk to you!” My eyes snapped wide open at the name.

“Wh-What?” I stuttered. Hyejin seemed very excited for me.

“Maybe he’s going to confess to you or something!” She beamed. “This is a chance for you, Jiwon-ah!” I looked across her shoulder and saw Chunji leaning against the classroom door. The girls furiously wondered who he was waiting for and Chunji simply smiled innocently. I gulped as I stood up from my desk. Whatever he wanted, confessing was probably the last thing he was going to do.

 

I nervously followed Chunji down the hallway to the entrance of the school roof. Along the way, girls gave me strange stares and some were even pointing. I slouched and tried to block my face with my hair. Meanwhile, Chunji ignored everything and opened the door that lead to the school roof.

I stepped inside and Chunji shut the door behind him, looking around. After seeing no one, he sighed in irritation and gave me a slight glare. I flinched.

“You…haven’t told anyone about last night, have you?” It sounded more like a threat than a question. I shook my head quickly. Chunji suddenly gave me a quick innocent smile which scared me.

“Good,” He replied as he suddenly took out something familiar looking and dangled it around. “Because I’d have to punish you if you did.”

“M-My phone!” I exclaimed, eyes widening. “H-How…?” Chunji shrugged and continued to dangle my phone around by the phone charms.

“I guess you were careless enough to drop it where I could see it. You should be lucky that I was the one who found it.” He held my phone out towards me and just as I was about to reach out and take it from him, he drew back.

“Ah, but I don’t trust you.” He said. “Who knows? Maybe you’re going to tell someone right after you get your phone back.”

“I-I won’t!” I pleaded. I don’t even have the guts to do that, after today.

“Hmm, I really can’t trust you,” Chunji said and thought for a while. “How about this?” Swiftly, he suddenly pulled me closer and faced my phone towards us.

“Smile.” With that, he snapped a photo of us together and feeling flustered, I squirmed out of his arm’s grasp straight away.

“Wh-Wh-What was that for!?” I stuttered. Chunji smiled and turned my phone around. On the screen was a picture of a clueless me and Chunji, standing very close together.

“Simply, if you try telling anyone about last night, this picture will go on the school website.” Chunji explained. “And of course, everyone would be demanding to know what happened and would think that you were trying to snatch me away or something. And we both know how scary some of the girls in our school can get.”

“Wh- B-But you’re the one who took the photo!” I cried. Chunji tilted his head slightly.

“Who do you think they’re going to believe?”  Never in my life had I felt so helpless. I could only watch as Chunji sent himself the picture and tossed the phone back at me.

“Since I’m nice, I’ll give you back your phone.” He replied. “But remember, if you tell anyone, this is going online.” He waved his phone containing the picture at me and walked back to the hallway.

“What should I do?” I whispered anxiously, looking down onto the ground. Chunji really was a devil in disguise. And I couldn’t even tell anyone.

 

NO ONE’S POV;

As Chunji left the roof, L.Joe slowly picked off the book from his face and silently looked down at the helpless girl, yawning.

“I guess he’s finally found new entertainment.”