RIGHT TRACK

Dara's Status

 

 

My body is aching due to Sanghyun's beatings and non-stop traveling. When I reached Japan, manager hyung approached me immediately. Good thing no one recognize me or I might be in the headlines again.  He took my bag and we went to the waiting car.

 

 

I settled myself in the front seat while Hyung is putting my things in the compartment. We were already in the road when Hyung decided to break the silence.

 

 

 

“What happened to you Jiyong-ah. Are you okay? We can drop by a private clinic if you want.” Concern was very evident in his voice. Manager hyung knows everything that is happening to me, even my love life is not an exemption. During those times when I was out partying in the clubs, he would always look out after me. I know that he was also devastated when I ended my relationship with Dara. After all, he is one of our relationship protectors. He really adores Dara and he is so in favor of Dara being my girlfriend. He sometimes acts as Dara’s manager also when Jjangmae is not around.

 

 

 

 

 

“I'm okay Hyung. Someone just awakened me from my miserable life.” I force myself to smile at him. How can I be so irresponsible letting the people around me get worried with my personal whims? I always disregard how they feel. I always forget that in every actions I make, plenty of lives will get affected. Why are you such a brat Jiyong?

 

 

 

 

“Good for you then, Jiyong. Oh by the way, you can take a rest for two days. Your schedule was move to another day because there seems to be some issues going on inside the network. Are you sure you don't want to visit a doctor now?” That's how much manager hyung loves me.

 

 

 

 

“I'm okay Hyung, no broken ribs, limbs or whatsoever. These are just minor bruises and small cuts. It can easily be covered with makeup.” I reassured him about my condition imitating what Sanghyun told me. After few minutes of driving, the car stopped and we are now inside the basement parking. Hyung helped me bring my bag in my room.

 

 

 

“Okay Jiyong-ah, I have to leave you for now. If you need anything, I'm just a phone call away. Take a rest neh!”

 

 

 

“Neh Hyung kamsahamnida! And Hyung sorry for making you worry.” I bowed to him and he just ruffled my head before leaving me.

 

 

 

I decided to take a quick shower and change into something more comfortable before retiring in bed. Funny how despite looking so badly beaten right now, I couldn't see any trace of the very weak and troubled Jiyong few days ago. Despite all the bruises surrounding my face, I can sense a calmer Jiyong. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at him gently.

 

 

 

 

“I'm sorry Jiyong ah. I'm sorry for being a fool and a jerk. Sorry if I stubbornly defied you. Sorry for not taking care of you. And most of all I'm sorry for breaking your heart and Dara's heart. I'm very sorry.” I took a deep breath and keep my eyes connected with my reflection.

 

 

 

 

 

“I may have failed you and the people we love so many times but I am trying to figure out all my mistakes now. I am learning Jiyong and hopefully I will never make the same mistakes again. Fighting Jiyong-ah, fighting!!!” I give myself a final look before going to bed.

 

 

 

As I lie on my bed and close my eyes, Dara's beautiful face flashed on my mind. My butterfly, my beautiful butterfly.

 

 

 

“Lord, I have made mistakes and this is what I have become now. I have no right to ask anything from You because I brought these all to myself, but please Lord, I have one request. Please, can you bring back Dara's smile on her face. And oh, can I have additional request? Please make her happy Lord, make her happy all the time. Thank you Lord, thank you!”

 

 

 

After mumbling my little prayer, my tired and beaten body finally surrendered to slumber. For the first time after that incident when I slapped Dara, I had a very peaceful sleep. Gone were the images of Dara

crying so hard in my sleep.

 

 

 

I know I am having a dream again but this time it is a very wonderful dream. In my dream, I saw Dara in the middle of an amusement park. The atmosphere is very festive. There were so many people but they all seem to fade in the background as the spotlight is on Dara. Beautiful butterflies were surrounding her and she just stays on her spot looking at the butterflies in amazement. I saw her reach out her hand and a beautiful butterfly landed on her hand. She was smiling and then she turned around to look at me. I know that she is saying something but I can't seem to make out what her lips is saying. She smiled at me again. She blew a kiss on the butterfly then suddenly she transformed into the most beautiful butterfly I have ever seen in my whole life. Finally I was able to hear what she's saying.

 

 

 

 

“It's your turn now, Jiyong..lalalalalala..” Have you watched my Butterfly MV? Well in my dream I heard Dara singing that part. I tried to chase her but no matter how fast I run, I can't seem to get near her. So, I just stop on my tracks and watch her as she spread her beautiful wings and fly higher. As I watched her soar higher, happiness spread through my whole being. There goes my inspiration. There goes the girl with three lettered name in my songs. There goes my butterfly, my heaven and the love of my life – Sandara Park.

 

 

 

I woke up with a smile on my face. I felt like I'm a totally different person. Wow, I can't believe that I've slept for ten straight hours. My stomach rumbled reminding me that it’s time to have a decent meal. Before going out of my room, I send SMS to all my members telling them that we will have an important meeting here in my apartment.

 

 

 

 

I went to the kitchen and rummage the fridge. When all the ingredients needed for my masterpiece are ready, I started cooking. It's been a while since I cook something for my members. And it’s been a while since we shared a meal together. It's about time I keep up with them and make up for those times when I am being a royal jerk. After preparing everything I went back to my room to rest for little while. After that I took a shower and prepared myself.

 

 

I was sitting in the living room searching for some Japanese shows when I chance upon a variety show where Seungri was one of the guests. I can't help but feel proud watching our very own maknae. He really is doing well in variety shows. Will Seungri find it in his heart to forgive me after what I did to Dara? I am still his favorite Hyung after all the things I've done?

 

 

I was startled when I heard the door opened. One by one I saw the boys step inside my apartment.

 

 

There's Top hyung who's wearing a short sleeve tee. His fangirls will definitely go nuts once they see him now. “Oh my gosh..neck ...arms ....his eyes...ajvbdhgfghsddkjhgggg...pregnant....dead..” I can imagine all his fangirls screaming right now. He may look aloof and fierce on stage but in real life he is like a five year old kid oozing with cuteness and adorableness.

 

And there's Daeusung, our angel Daesung. He gave me his signature eye smile and I suddenly felt like the whole world is brighter. So this is the reason why his fangirls go gaga every time he gave them that smile. His smile is full of sincerity; it’s like it connects to your soul and touches your heart.

 

 

Here's Youngbae, my bestfriend.  He always lives up to his name Sol or Sun. Whenever I felt like I am in darkness and all people have turned their back on me, he will always be there for me. He will always be the sun that brightens my day on my darkest hour.

 

 

 

 

When I looked behind Youngbae, I saw Seungri whose a bit hesitant entering the place. Gone were the pabo maknae that everyone loves to bully. All I see now is a mature and confident Seungri. Our maknae is all grown up now and I can totally understand the fans why he is being called as bias wrecker.

 

 

“Oh you're all here already. Let's have dinner first before we proceed with the meeting. I've prepared something.” They are looking at me like I am speaking an alien language. They looked so surprised. Well, I can't really blame them. Who would have thought that after being the troublemaker Jiyong in the previous months, they will come face to face with a domesticated Jiyong.

 

“Oh you cooked for us Hyung!” Daesung, being the first one to recover from that awkward moment decided to break the silence.

 

“Wow, are you sure you prepared something edible. You know how sensitive my stomach is. The last time I had your kimchi fried rice I have to stay in the bathroom for like five hours.” Top hyung is trying to crack some jokes.

 

“So what are we waiting for? Let's start filling in our stomachs before we head to that meeting.” The three guys went ahead to the kitchen. It seems like they are giving me and Seungri some alone time. Seungri and I were left there looking awkwardly at each other. I looked at him and I can't read what's on his mind. He ended the uncomfortable silence by asking a totally unexpected question.

 

 

 

“Are those the hottest trend in fashion nowadays.” He is pointing at my bruises using his lips. He looks like an idiot doing it and I really wanted to laugh right now but I held myself.

 

 

“Nah, these are limited edition;  especially made for me.” I decided to just go along with him.

 

 

“Hmmm, I'm guessing those were  made in Busan? Oh, I'm guessing someone by the name “dogpoop” give you those artworks? He's quite creative to be honest.” There goes his annoying smirk once again.

 

“I actually excel in doing artworks; I can volunteer if you want to have some.” I saw him scoffed.

 

“Nah, my under eye dark circles are keeping my hands full. Good thing my concealer is doing a good job.” I don't know where our conversation is going but I still went along.

 

“By any chance, can you tell me the brand of concealer you're using for your dark circles? They don't seem so visible now.” I saw him smirked with what I said. It took him a minute before answering my question.

 

“My concealer only works for under eye dark circles. Looking at your face now, you'll need other things than concealer.” He paused for a while then resumed talking.

 

“He really had you good. I guess he wasn't joking when he told me that he is a black belter. I forgot to remind you to never cross him.” I saw him looking at my bruises again and I may be imagining things but for a moment I thought I saw pity flashed on his eyes.

 

“Neh, he actually warned me before. I guess I became complacent and forgot about it. I learned my lessons in a hard way. I deserved all of these though. I think I deserve more.” My voice cracked after saying that. I restrain myself from getting emotional again.

 

 

“The only way to learn is to make mistake. So better take everything as a learning experience. Remember all the lessons it will bring and avoid doing it again and again.” He pats my back and that is when all my pent up emotions give in.

 

“I'm so sorry Ri, your Hyung is such a pabo.” I hug him so tightly and I felt him hug me back. This is what I missed during those times that I isolated myself from the world. The warmth and genuine concern of people who knows me not as my famous self but as the real me.

 

 

 

 

“Neh, neh, you've been a big pabo hyung.” He pats my back as I continue crying.

 

 

 

“Hyung, I want to keep on hating you for what you did to my Dara noona but I just can't because I also love you as much as I love her. You're both my favorite noona and hyung. I'm sorry also for hitting you the last time. It's just that someone has to wake you up from your state.”

 

 

 

“I deserved it maknae. I'm really sorry. I'll try to not commit the same mistakes again.” I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

 

 

“Hyung we should take a photo of  these beautiful artworks in commemoration of your awakening from the darkness.” Seungri is now back in being his pabo self. But I love this side of him. I would rather have this side of him than the cold and uncaring Seungri.

 

 

 

“Yaahhh, what's taking you two so long? We're so hungry you know.” Top hyung went to us and stand in front of us. With both hands in his waist, he's looking like an ahjumma in her menopausal stage.

 

“Hmmmp, you're ruining our Nyongtory moment here you know. Go find your wife.” Seungri went behind me and give me a hug.

 

 

 

“Yaahh, how dare you show some skinship in front of me. And what Nyongtory are you talking about, GTOP is real.” Top hyung snatched me away from Ri and hug me tightly.

 

“Ani, ani...Nyongtory is real...” They started tugging at my hands engaging in a tug of war.

 

“Yaaahhh, let go of me you pabos. My arms might disconnect from my body. Yahhhh” At that very moment they both decided to let go of my hands making me sprawled on the floor. Youngbae and Dae who just came in from the kitchen then joined the fun.

 

 

“Human sandwich!!!!” They were all looking at me like I'm a very interesting specie. My mind is telling me to stand up immediately but there seems to be a problem with my nerves since they can't receive the signals that my brain is sending. The last thing I remember is Taeyang jumping on my back followed by the others. They were shouting loudly and happily.

 

 

I was in the bottom of the human pile and my body should be screaming in pain right now. I really wonder why instead of being in pain, all I’m feeling right now is pure happiness. Finally, I am back on track. I am with my brothers and I know that no matter what happens they will always be by my side.  They will accept me with all the flaws and imperfections I have. I don’t have to pretend into someone I am because they love the real me.

 

 

Finally realizing that they might have added injury to my badly beaten body, they all stand up and help me get up. We huddled together and indulge in a group hug.

 

“Welcome back Jiyong!!! Welcome back.!! Taeyang shouted which was followed by the loud cheering of the boys.

 

“To a better Jiyong !!!!They all shouted again

 

“For Bigbang to stay together!!!I shouted and they all agreed.

 

We proceed to the dining table and started eating the sumptuous meals I’ve prepared.  We talked about random things while enjoying the food and each other’s company.

 

I looked at my members and I can’t help but smile…yes I am definitely on the right track.

 

 

After all we are not called OT5 for nothing.

 

 

 

 

 Dara is looking at her window once again reminiscing what exactly happened last night.

 

 

 

Her heart is beating wildly inside her ribcage. She was so sure it was Jiyong who was standing in front of their house last night. The beatings of her heart told her that it was indeed Jiyong. Without thinking twice, she runs as fast as she can. She has probably beat her record in going downstairs the fastest time but that’s not what’s important right  now. She needs to know if it was really Jiyong.

 

 

 

She took a deep breath before opening their main door. There standing in the middle of their lawn is a man with a pink hair. She can hear how loud her heart is beating now. That pink head looks so achingly familiar.  With careful steps, he went near the man and put her hand on his shoulder. When he turned around, her jaw literally drop.

 

 

 

“Thunder???????  I was looking at him dumbfounded. To be honest, a part of me was really disappointed. Because I was hoping it was Jiyong. A part of me is happy since my baby brother also decided to spend time here with us.

 

 

 

“Oh noona, how long have you been there?” I thought I saw his face turned pale for a moment.

 

 

 

“Ah just this very moment. I thought you’re an anime who came straight from the manga so I just have to take a closer look to make sure that I’m not hallucinating.” Hmmmpp, anime? Manga? Seriously Dara why can’t you just be honest? Why don’t you tell Sanghyun that you’ve mistaken him for Jiyong.

 

 

 

“Ahhhh, so what do you think of my new hair Noona? Thunder strikes a pose in front of me.

 

“Aigoo, my dongsaeng is looking good as always. It suits you well. You’re fans will love it for sure.” I ruffled his hair and he just laughs at me.

 

 

 

“Come on now Noona, it’s getting late. Let’s get inside now.” Thunder went back to our house while I just stayed their rooted.

 

 

I am having  mix emotions right now. When I saw the guy outside my window and I thought it was Jiyong, my heart did backflips and cartwheels. Of course I admit, there were times when he would just suddenly appear on my mind. There were times when even if I try to deny it, my mind and heart would just simply scream his name. I missed him; yes I still missed him sometimes.

 

 

But a part of me is also afraid to see him. Just thinking about seeing him face to face brings an uncomfortable feeling in my heart. I am not sure if I will be able to say something if ever our paths will cross. I’m not even sure if he wants to see me.

 

 But hey, don’t get me wrong okay. I am moving on but what we had is not that easy to forget.

 

Ah, now I get it. Maybe I just want to see him now so we can finally have our closure. We didn’t have that final closure where we can finally say sorry to each other and finally say goodbye. Or maybe I am just overanalyzing things again.

 

I was supposed to go inside our house when I saw something sparkling in the ground. I crouched down to take a closer look at it. Oh it’s a ring. I took it and take a better look at it. Wow, this ring is so pretty. If ever she will get engage, she will probably chose this ring if given a choice. This ring is so her, simple, elegant and beautiful. This is probably the prettiest ring that she has ever seen. She carefully checks the ring and that is when he saw the inscription inside.

 

“KJ&PS forever”

 

While looking at it, she was hypnotized to try the ring in her ring finger. Wow, just wow. If she didn’t know better, she would have thought that the ring was made for her. The ring perfectly fits her finger, it’s like she was the rightful owner of the ring. She raised her hand and admires the beauty of the ring.

 

 

“Lucky is the girl who will have you one day.” I told the ring while looking at it. I smiled some more when I saw how its diamond shines brightly under the moonlight.

 

 

 

I was awakened from my deep trance when I heard my message alert tone.

 

From : Bommie

 

This is a matter of life and death. You are not allowed to say no. See you in Jeju Island tomorrow. Check your email for details. I repeat you are not allowed to say no. Love youuuuuuu!!!!!!

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Author’s note: D&G were supposed to meet in this chapter but I changed my mind. I read somewhere that it’s better if they will stay away from each other first while they haven’t completely healed. Meeting your ex will only reopen some unhealed wounds.

 

Again, thank you so much to all my subscribers and readers. Thank you also for leaving you points of view in the comments section. I enjoy reading your comments; they actually give me an idea on how the story should go. Sorry for the typos and errors, I do not proofread.

Thanks again guys and hengsho.

linlin_10 ^_^