Deal

Deal

 

It was only supposed to be a dare, Jongsuk told himself as he lay in bed, awake, fingers tugging at his hair at two a.m. Why couldn't he just gather up all his courage and say what he was really thinking? Instead of lying all the time, to himself and to his best friend. The main thing that stopped him was the risk of ruining their friendship. They were super close now, but he could throw it all away in a couple of syllables. Jongsuk turned over and rubbed his eyes tiredly, unable to sleep.

 

It started with an innocent game of truth or dare in the back of the car with Woobin. They were travelling to the set of a variety show they were to appear on and were both bored.

“Truth or dare?” Woobin turned to Jongsuk, pulling on his seatbelt.

“Uh... Dare,” Jongsuk decided.

“Hm... Kiss the person you want to be with most,” Woobin grinned. Jongsuk's eyes widened.
“How long do I have?” he asked, trying to laugh as if it wasn't a big deal.

“Until midnight... Tomorrow, because I'm nice,” Woobin told Jongsuk. The driver pulled up outside the TV station and the boys climbed out.

“That's a pretty tough dare, you know,” Jongsuk complained.

“I know,” Woobin replied, a knowing look on his face that Jongsuk didn't see.

 

Pulling on a shirt over his bare chest, Jongsuk turned to look in the mirror. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. Good job he had a day off work today. How would he do his dare though?

 

One part of Jongsuk told him it was only a childish dare, and nothing would actually happen if he didn't do it. Another part told him it was an opportunity to confess. Unknowingly, Jongsuk reached for his phone and typed in the familiar number.

“Woobin? It's Jongsuk.”

“I know, I can read,” came the ever-sarcastic reply.

“Can you come over for a while? There's something I need to tell you,” Jongsuk said, hoping his voice wasn't shaking.

“Is it so important you can't tell me over the phone?”

“Yes.”

“I'm still in bed, you . I'll be over in ten.” Woobin ended the call, and Jongsuk threw his phone onto the sofa.

 

Jongsuk looked around his apartment, hoping it was clean enough for a visitor. Apart from his unmade bed, which Woobin wouldn't see, and a couple of plates in the sink, it was pretty tidy. He had time to kill so he grabbed a book from the shelf and opened it at a random page, then began to read, standing up- it had become a habit. He jumped when the doorbell rang and smiled, imagining an impatient Woobin tapping his foot outside the door.

 

“What do you want?” Woobin asked, stepping inside as soon as Jongsuk opened the door. He pushed the door closed with his foot.

“I have to tell you something,” Jongsuk said nervously, wringing his hands.

“And that is?” Woobin moved further into the room, forcing Jongsuk back. Times like these made you doubt if they were actually best friends.

“I- uh-” Jongsuk raised his hand to the nape of his neck, looking anywhere but Woobin's eyes. Suddenly he used all his strength to push Woobin back against the door and kissed him, almost violently.

 

Jongsuk pulled away, confused, as he felt Woobin smirk against his lips.

“Are you laughing at me?” Jongsuk asked, upset.

“Why would I do that? You've just done exactly as I've always wanted,” Woobin moved away from the door. “Though I'm slightly annoyed I wasn't the one to initiate our first kiss.”

Jongsuk rubbed his eyes, then looked up, thinking he was imagining things. “You- you wanted-”

“I wanted to kiss you, yes. I just didn't know how to,” Woobin smiled. Jongsuk walked away and sat on the sofa, obviously annoyed.

 

“Are you mad at me?” Woobin asked, sitting right next to Jongsuk and slinging his arm around Jongsuk's shoulders. Jongsuk didn't answer and stood up, walking through to his bedroom. His expression didn't change even as he passed through the door. He wanted to know if Woobin cared enough to follow. Sure enough, he did.

 

“Come on, Jongie,” Woobin called as he walked into the messy bedroom. “I'm sorry I had to do that, but I didn't know how to let you know, okay? I'm sorry.”

“You made me think I was the only one... You made me think you wanted nothing to do with me... Boyfriend-wise.”

“I know, and I feel really bad now. Come on, Jongie, this was supposed to be a happy day.”

“Just... Forget it. We can go back to how we were. You can go back to bed, I can go back to thinking about someone I can't have, we're both happy,” Jongsuk said, not looking up.

“Would you show me out, then?” Woobin asked.

“Of course?” Jongsuk said, raising the pitch of his voice as if he was asking a question.

 

Woobin did his 'Heungsoo' walk (slow and deliberate) to the door, while Jongsuk sighed. Today was supposed to be happy, like Woobin said. Jongsuk reached around Woobin's waist to turn the door handle, but Woobin grabbed his wrist before pushing him up against the door.

“You think I'm letting this go?” Woobin whispered into Jongsuk's ear before glaring into his eyes.

“I'm hoping you're not,” Jongsuk growled. Woobin shook his head before leaning forward to kiss Jongsuk. Almost immediately Jongsuk felt dizzy from Woobin's soft lips. Woobin's tongue swiped across Jongsuk's lower lip and Jongsuk opened his mouth obediently, allowing Woobin's tongue to explore his mouth while he concentrated on not collapsing.

 

The pair lay on Jongsuk's still unmade bed, having spent a good couple of hours catching up on what they'd missed when they were just friends. Woobin was tracing patterns on Jongsuk's back and they lay in silence, but it was comfortable.

“I should probably go,” Woobin said, moving to get up.

“Stay,” Jongsuk pulled him back down, so they were facing each other. “Please?”

Woobin seemed to consider it for a moment. “I'll stay if I'm allowed to kiss you whenever I want.”

Jongsuk was all too happy to say, “Deal.”

 

Not my best, but still... I think I like it. I'm silently shipping Jongbin whenever I watch School 2013. Anyways, I hope you like it~