Oh Sehun - 19.

Birthday One-Shots.

Oh Sehun - 12 April 1994.


 

Warm sunlight streamed through the thin curtain and bathed the occupants of the pristine white bed in it's comfortable embrace. One of the bundles stirred, sleep broken from the sun rays caressing his face. Smiling slightly, eyes opened and peeked over his shoulder to the slumbering boy behind him. Luhan's eye-smile was brief, but the smile on his lips stayed put. Getting up slowly, so as not to wake the other male, Luhan managed to untangle himself from the sheets and swiftly made his way to the door. Opening it quietly, the small man stuck his head out into the hallway, before shimmying his body through the space he'd created. Once safely in the hallway, Luhan once again shut the bedroom door and tiptoed down the hall, poking his head into the other rooms as he went;

 

"Kris-duizhang, Tao-dìdi~. Wake up."

 

"Suho-ah, Yixing-dìdi. Quickly, get up."

 

"Kai-dongsaeng, Kyungsoo-ah. We need to get ready."

 

"Xuimin-gēge, Chen-dìdi. Rise and shine."

 

"Baek-ah, Channie-dongsaeng. Stop cuddling and come help."

 

Once satisfied his other EXO members were awake, Luhan pottered down the hall until he reached the kitchen where all the party preparations had been left abandoned the night before - ready to be finalised and put into action this morning. He was quickly joined by the Korean side of EXO, minus Sehun, whom Luhan had left to sleep in peace. The rest of EXO-M also crowded into the kitchen as quietly as possible, jostling slightly for space, as the area wasn't really meant for 11 people to merge comfortably.

 

"We all set, Luhan-hyung?" Chanyeol's sleepy voice drifted quietly, as his head hung over Baekhyun's shoulder. Luhan nodded, "We just need to get that cake done, check the invites and pick up the presents from K's dorm." He mentally ticked off his checklist as Kyungsoo turned to Lay and started a muffled conversation about the cake. Kris cleared his throat lowly, making everyone in the crowded space turn their heads, "Kyungsoo-hyung, Lay-dìdi you two work on the cake at K's dorm. Xuimin-gēge, Suho-ah are in charge of the presents. The rest of you, start making sure those invites are correct and you know exactly who's coming."

 

Small nods were formed, as each group member moved off to their rooms to freshen up and dress for the day. Luhan smiled gratefully at Kris as he too, ventured back to his own room to get ready for the day. To avoid any suspicions or awkward questions from Sehun, it was decided that Luhan, Kris and Tao were to take Sehun out for the day. At least until it was time to get ready for the party. As he dressed, Luhan mused over what they could possibly do today that would satisfy Sehun into not asking too many questions. Finally, he decided on just having a nice day out with friends, with a treat of sushi and bubble tea - Sehun's favourites of course.

 

As he was pulling a black v-neck shirt over his head, a whine made his body  grow still, "I was enjoying the view~!" Sehun whined from the bed, his eyes glinting mischievously and his grin never failing. Luhan rolled his eyes before tugging the shirt over his torso properly, "I'm afraid that you'll have to enjoy later. We, my baobei, are on an adventure today." Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Adventure to where? With who?" Luhan stopped himself from groaning. The boy hadn't even been awake for an hour and already, the questions were coming at Luhan faster then steel projectiles, "Adventure around town with Kris-duizhang and Tao-dìdi."

 

Sitting up properly, Sehun rubbed sleep from his eyes, "Ah, ok." He said, "But don't I get my morning kiss?" He pouted, puffing out one cheek in mock annoyance. Luhan smirked as he carefully placed one knee onto the bed and leant forward onto his knuckles, pressing a gentle kiss to Sehun's cheek, "There, now come on and get dressed. Everyone else is already up and going about their business." He patted Sehun's bedhead lightly. The younger boy  made a low and disgruntled sound, but threw back the sheets and stood up anyway. Making his way to the adjoining bathroom, Sehun hummed MAMA under his breath as he went, running a long- hand through his already messy hair.

 

Luhan chuckled, as he fixed his belt and grabbed his jacket from where it hung on the edge of the mirror. Making sure that Sehun was definitely in the shower, he tore out of the room, running into Kris and Tao in the hallway as they came out of their own room, "Everything set, Luhan-gēge?" Tao asked excitedly, the zuìxiǎo de practically bouncing in his boots. Luhan nodded, his keen ears picking up on the lack of running water as Sehun apparently finished his morning shower, "We'll take him around town for a while and get him his bubble tea and sushi, ok? And Tao, please, try to keep the Gucci mania for later?"

 

Tao looked down sulkily for a moment before his bright grin was back on his face and he agreed. Kris smiled at the boy before hugging him gently, "I'll get you whatever Gucci you want tomorrow, ok? But today is about Sehun." Tao's smile became even brighter (if that was even possible), before a door opened and Sehun poked out his head, "Luhannie~ Can you help me pick some clothes?" He pleaded, making his puppy dog eyes at his boyfriend. Luhan chuckled but nodded, as he shooed away the others with a finger wiggle. He gently shoved Sehun back through the door and closed it behind him, "Alright, let's find you some clothes."

 

.:~*~:.

 

"Ah~."

 

Sehun leaned back in the chair he was currently seated on, smiling gently as he watched Tao and Kris eat their shared sushi, while Luhan picked at theirs. Lithe fingers playing with the straw of his bubble tea, as Sehun's eyes slid shut for a moment. There was a little nagging feeling somewhere in the pit of his stomach, telling him that something was off and that he should ask about it, but in all honesty, Sehun wasn't worried. Sure it was his birthday and he was yet to receive even a mention of the date, but surely his hyungs's couldn't have forgotten?

 

Deciding to just enjoy the afternoon and not bother about it, the boy jumped as Kris' phone rang.

 

"Everything's ready. Where are you?"

 

"We're at the mall, we should be home around 5."

 

"Good. Make sure that he doesn't have a clue what's going on. No one has mentioned anything to him about his birthday yet. Let's keep it that way."

 

"Alright. We'll see you then. Bye, Lay."

 

"See ya duizhang."

 

As Kris put his phone away and sat back down, Luhan leaned forward, placing his elbows on the table, "What did Lay want?" Kris shrugged, "Just to let me know how it's going. Apparently everyone's being well behaved." He said, earning what seemed to be a satisfied nod from the little deer, "Ah ok, that's good. Well, it's nearly 4. Sehun, can we visit one more store? Kris, you take Tao. He's practically dying for Gucci right now. Just go. We'll meet back here in half an hour to go home." Kris and Tao nodded, getting up and dumping their rubbish in one of the nearby bins.

 

Sehun smiled as Luhan disposed of their finished sushi tray, and they both grabbed their respective bubble teas, before Luhan led the way towards one of his favourite stores. Once inside, Luhan immediately scoured the racks of clothing, seemingly searching for something vigorously. Sehun raised an eyebrow as he followed the smaller man around the store, one hand holding his bubble tea and the other shoved into the pocket of his jeans. After 5 minutes of endless searching, Luhan finally stood up straight with a smile. In his hands, there was a pair of skinny jeans, a dress shirt and a blazer. Muttering something to himself, Luhan grabbed Sehun's elbow and dragged him towards the dressing rooms.

 

Taking the clothes that Luhan shoved into his arms, he noticed that they weren't Luhan's size like he'd first thought. No, Luhan had picked clothes in Sehun's size. Rolling his eyes at the older man's sneakiness, Sehun passed Luhan his bubble tea and shut the changing cubicle door, getting changed into his outfit. The black jeans fit him snugly, as did the white dress shirt. He shrugged on the black jacket and checked himself in the small reflection he could see on his phone. Giving up on that idea, the maknae unlocked the door and stepped out, staring at himself in the full length mirror next to the doors.

 

Luhan smiled and clapped his hands as best he could without spilling Sehun's tea, "You look amazing, Sehunnie~." Luhan cooed, his eye-smile finding purchase on his face. Sehun glanced at Luhan in the reflection, "Is there a special reason for getting me dressed up?" He asked, raising an eyebrow when Luhan seemed to stiffen, "Uh… Maybe… You'll have to wait and see." He said cautiously, not wanting to reveal anything. He checked the time before cursing, "It's nearly twenty past! We still need to get your shoes!" Hustling Sehun back into the change rooms, Luhan tapped his foot impatiently as Sehun changed.

 

Once he was finished, Luhan insisted that he pay for the clothes, before dragging Sehun off to a shoe store, and buying him the first pair of shoes Sehun said he liked. The low top converse would suit Sehun's new outfit well. Smiling widely, Luhan grabbed Sehun's hand and tugged lightly, the two of them running back to where they were to meet Tao and Kris. The two arrived at the same time as the others, making them smile slightly. They hadn't been late. They made their way out of the mall and headed to Kris' car, hopping in and heading back towards the dorm.

 

.:~*~:.

 

They arrived at the dorm a little after 5, to find no one at home. Sehun raised an eyebrow, finding that sort of odd. It was too quiet without the other eight EXO members shouting things at each other (or in Kai's case, the TV), or chasing each other around the dorm. Luhan wasted no time in lightly shoving Sehun down the hall, past a very happy Tao clutching his brand new Gucci backpack and into their room, shutting the door securely behind him. Handing him the two bags, Luhan ordered Sehun to change as he left the room. Running back into the kitchen, he found the others crowded around, "Baek-ah. You're the best at makeup. Think you can help?" Baekhyun nodded easily and grabbed his make up bag from it's place on the table, "I'm on it."

 

Luhan smiled, "Alright. The rest of you go, we'll take over from here. We'll be there around quarter to 6, ok?" The EXO members nodded and filed out the door, taking with them the cake, presents and other bits and pieces, while Luhan and Baekhyun traipsed back down the hall to the room, "Sehunnie, you done?" An affirming noise was heard behind the door and the two stepped inside, "Baek-hyung, where'd you come from?" Sehun asked in surprise, as the taller man sat him in a chair in the centre of the room, "I was around." He said vaguely.

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow as Luhan quickly pulled a sheet over the mirror before hurrying back to his side with some hair gel and a comb, "What the hell is going on?" Sehun demanded, starting to rise from the chair, only to be held down by Luhan, "Just trust us, ok?" He asked, kissing Sehun's cheek lightly before getting started with his task of taming Sehun's hair. Sehun squirmed slightly, as Baekhyun 'attacked' his face with make up. Luhan finished his hair first, as Baekhyun started applying a thin line of eyeliner around Sehun's eyes.

 

Finally packing away the make up bag, Baekhyun turned to Luhan, "How does he look, Lulu-hyung?" Luhan rounded Sehun to face him and gasped, his eyes widening and shining brightly, "Perfect. Well done Baekhyun. Now we really need to get ready and get going. You, go and wait in the lounge." Luhan said, pointing a finger at Sehun as Baekhyun left to go prepare himself in his own bedroom. Sehun raised an eyebrow but complied with the order, shutting the door gently behind him. Did they actually forget my birthday? He thought, sitting on the sofa, careful of his new outfit and hair.

 

Soon enough, both Luhan and Baekhyun were ready and dragging Sehun out of the dorm, locking the door securely behind them and bundling him into the awaiting car, which happened to be Kris', except the said man wasn't driving. There was a shift of movement on Luhan's side of the backseat, and suddenly Sehun's vision disappeared into black, "Lulu?!" He cried, suddenly feeling scared. He felt a comforting hand on his thigh and sighed as it rubbed his knee gently, "Don't worry. We're only doing this because it's a secret." Luhan whispered, kissing his boyfriend's cheek softly.

 

.:~*~:.

 

The car finally rolled to a stop and Luhan opened the door. Reaching back, he unbuckled Sehun's seatbelt and helped the boy out of the car. With Baekhyun leading the way, Luhan guided Sehun into the dark building, pausing for a moment to untie the blindfold and letting the soft silk fall away from Sehun's face. Sehun's nose crinkled, as Luhan and Baekhyun suddenly disappeared from his side. Reaching out blindly, he felt nothing but air, so he stopped, fearing he'd fall and face plant into the floor.

 

Sehun's heartbeat sounded as if someone had plugged it into a 100 watt amplifier and he was sure it could be heard throughout the room. Taking a deep breath, he lifted his leg to take a step forward when…

 

"SURPRISE~!"

 

Sehun fell back in shock, as the lights were switched on, and around fifty people jumped out from their hiding places. Placing one hand over his heart, Sehun allowed Donghae from Super Junior to help him stand, "Happy Birthday Sehun-ah~!" He whispered, hugging his dongsaeng once he was standing. Donghae let go and waved as he returned to where Super Junior stood next to the members of SHINee, SNSD and f(x). Sehun's eyes narrowed as he zoned in on his fellow EXO members that were too busy laughing to notice.

 

Shaking his head, Sehun looked around in awe at the decorations, the carefully arranged food along the tables and the pile of presents in a far corner of the large room, which he now realised to be a dance studio. As he gazed at all the smiling faces in the room, Sehun could feel his eyes well up with tears as Luhan opened his arms to the boy. Luhan smiled as Sehun fell forward, hands gripping his shoulders for stability as Luhan's small arms wrapped around Sehun's shaking body, "Those better be happy tears." Luhan teased, feeling his boyfriend nod.

 

"Good…" Luhan whispered, nudging Sehun's forehead gently with his nose until the younger finally looked up and kissed him.

 

.:~*~:.

 

The party was in full swing, with music blaring and an intense dance battle happening in the middle of the dance floor. Eunhyuk, Donghae, Taemin, Kai, Lay, Hyoyeon and Yuri were certainly not making it easy for any of the others to beat them, and the cheering of the other members urged them on. It wasn't until Lay, Donghae and Yuri fell onto the cold floor in defeat did they finally decide to give the dance battle a rest. Karaoke was next and it was hard to decide who was a better rapper; Kris, Shindong, Minho or Chanyeol. Finally, Shindong and Chanyeol admitted defeat, and settled to watch as Kris and Minho battled it out for another three songs. As the machine turned over to MAMA, Minho gave up and set down him microphone, mock bowing to Kris as he backed away, letting the Canadian giant take over.

 

Sehun smiled from his place in Luhan's lap, as he fed Luhan another bite of sausage roll and wiped the excess sauce from the corner of the man's mouth. Soon enough, it was time for the cake and presents. Sehun groaned, too comfortable in his position to even think about getting up and moving. Luhan poked the small of his back gently, forcing Sehun to stand and oblige the guests. Grabbing the knife from beside the cake, Sehun smiled shyly and looked down as the other's sang happy birthday to him and he blew out his candles. Slicing the cake up into pieces, everyone grabbed a plate and a piece of cake, settling down in a circle as Sehun began to open his presents.

 

A new iPod, hair straightener, make up kit, 'Learn Mandarin' book set and some new action movies were courtesy of SHINee. The girls from SNSD seemed to be a little less creative with their group gift of multiple bubble tea packets, but Sehun loved it all the same. A collection of hip-hop and empty CDs were Super Junior's gift, as well as some new clothes and sushi store vouchers. Sehun rolled his eyes good-humouredly at the last one. The large box f(x) had brought along contained some new musical equipment, mainly microphones and headphones with EXO's symbol decorating the objects. His fellow EXO members surprised him with photo books of some of his favourite uzzlang models, other bands and his role model BoA.

 

Once all the presents were safely packed away in the group's van, ready to be taken back to the dorm, EXO's manager and Lee Soo Man (SME's CEO), cleared their throats, "We've actually decided to not only gift Sehun, but all of you with two months holidays. You've all worked hard and you deserve a long rest. Go and see your families, have time to yourselves. But now we must leave. Happy Birthday Sehun, may all you wish come true." The two men bowed before leaving. As soon as the door shut behind them, the studio erupted into excited chatter as Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck, "So, how was your birthday surprise?" He asked, nuzzling his face into the crook of Sehun's neck.

 

Sehun turned his head slightly to look at the older man, smiling and he pulled Luhan into his lap. Kissing his boyfriend soundly on the lips, Luhan could feel the smile Sehun wore as they pulled apart;

 

"Saranghae, Lulu."

"Wǒ ài nǐ, Sehunnie."

 

"Best. Birthday. Ever."

 


A/N: And so there we go~ My little story for baby Sehun's birthday. Yes, there were hints of pairings in this, KaiSoo, SuLay, TaoRis, BaekYeol and XuiChen but clearly, the main focus was HunHan, no matter how slight it was.

Chinese Vocab:
Dìdi = Younger Brother.
Gēge = Older Brother.
Baobei = Baby.
Duizhang = Captain/Leader.
Zuìxiǎo de = Youngest.

Wǒ ài nǐ = I love you.

Korean Vocab:
Hyung = Older brother.
Dongsaeng = Younger brother.
Maknae = Youngest.
Saranghae = I love you.

Picture link time~!
Kris' car = here.
Tao's new Gucci backpack = here.
Sehun's party outfit = here.

I hope you liked this story~! Please subscribe, comment and upvote!

Angel xox