Chapter Two

Life Unexpected

 


 

~Life  Unexpected~

 


Things are never Easy

 


 

Four Months Later……

 

"Morning, sleepy head," Luhan greets from his kitchen, leaning against the countertop as he sips a cup of black coffee.

 

Chanyeol groans a reply, eyes closed, still half asleep as he drags himself into the kitchen and drapes himself over the elder boy, feeling less cheerful than usual.

 

Chuckling softly, Luhan sets his cup down on the counter to wrap one hand  around Chanyeol’s waist and uses the other to rub his back in soothing circles. "How are you feeling?" Chanyeol has been battling bad case of nausea for a week now.

 

"Fine," Chanyeol mumbles, which actually means I feel like .

 

Feeling simplistic and guilty at his inability to help, Luhan embraces him tighter.

 

"Did the tea my mother gave you not help?" Chanyeol shakes his head no. Luhan sighs.

 

"How about we go to the doctor, hm?" The elder boy suggests, kissing the younger on the cheek in an effort to make him say yes. A disgruntled breath leaves Chanyeol’s mouth. He wants to say no, but the churning in his stomach tells him otherwise. He nods his head in agreement and lets Luhan shoo him off to go find something in the pile of clothes he leaves over when he stays.


 

Minutes later, Chanyeol walks into the front room dressed in a simple pair of  black jeans, a blue pull-over hoodie with a mustard stain, and a cap. Luhan looks him over. Bad, but not as bad as he thought it would be.

 

“Ready?” He asks as he gets up from the sofa, keys already in hand. Chanyeol gives

him a reluctant look as he answers, "Yeah."

 

--


 

They catch the bus to the clinic Luhan's mother recommended. Chanyeol leans on his side and sighs into his shoulder, his queasiness causing a bad taste in his mouth.

 

"How you feeling? Any better?" Luhan asks, fingers gently rubbing the inner crease of the younger’s thigh.

 

"So-so," Chanyeol answers softly with a small smile, thankful for the blonde at the moment. He knows he's been more than a handful through the past few days. He went from wanting Luhan around and wait on him hand and foot because he's sick to calling it quits, because Luhan was nagging him to the point that the very thought of his face was annoying. He'll definitely have to reward him when he's feeling better.

 

"What do you think they'll say?" The younger asks, taking the hand on his thigh into his own and entwining their fingers together.

 

Luhan hums in thought. "I'm not sure. But hopefully it’s nothing too serious."

 

"Yeah, I would hate to think that your bad cooking is what's doing me in," Chanyeol playfully mocks.

 

"Look here. I warned you that I couldn't cook." The blond defends himself. After time and time again of warning the boy about his lack of cooking skills, but still being asked to cook, Chanyeol can only take the blame as his own.

 

The younger turns his head and slants his face up toward Luhan's, his chin digging into the others shoulder. "It’s not my fault you look so handsome cooking."

 

The elder rolls his eyes and leans down to kiss Chanyeol's pouty lips. "You think I look handsome no matter what I do." Luhan grins against the younger lips. Although Chanyeol agrees, there's times when this gorgeous boyfriend of his laughs and he isn't so gorgeous, but he keeps that to himself because he’s sure that the same can be said for him.

 

"We can sign up for cooking class later." The blonde hums in agreement, placing soft, feathery kisses onto Chanyeol’s lips.

 

--


 

They arrive to the small clinic, with only a few waiting ahead of them. Luhan fills out Chanyeol's paperwork, while the younger towers over him to answer any questions he's unsure of. He answers most of them without help; the two having shared enough stories about one another to know their medical history.

 

Luhan hands the forms back into the receptionist and she let's him know that the doctor will see them as soon as possible. He thanks her and grabs an old magazine to read off the display rack by the front desk and goes back to his seat.

 

Chanyeol and Luhan read through three magazines before the younger's name is called.

 

The check up isn't as rigorous as they thought it would be. A heart check here, a pee test there and the doctor is back within a matter of minutes.

 

"So, Mr. Park, we have your test results. And from the description you gave me, my hunch was right. You’re pregnant."

 

Chanyeol's eyes bulged at the announcement. Out of all the things he imagined, this wasn't one of them.

 

"Pregnant? Are you sure?" He asks, horrified.

 

The old man chuckles softly. "About as sure as I can be. I can run a blood test if you like. It'll take a few hours, but I assure you that the results will come back the same."

 

"N-no, if the test is positive then there's no need. But can we..." He gestures between him and Luhan whom has been uncommonly silent. "...Have a minute alone?"

 

"But of course," the doctor says, rising from his stool. "When you’re ready just let my nurse know. You’re a bit malnourished,  so I'll need to prescribe you some prenatal supplements to get you back on track. We also get you a ultrasound to see how the fetus is doing." Chanyeol nods in understanding and lets the doctor leave, the door clicking as it closes.

 

Alone, Chanyeol feels an unnerving focus fill the room. He shakes it off by being the first one to speak. "Are you okay?" He asks, turning slightly on top of the examining table towards Luhan.

 

The elder doesn’t snap from his daze until Chanyeol calls his name. He looks up to the younger, eyes wide and filled with bewilderment. He opens his mouth to speak but the words never come. The younger feels the same chewing into his bottom lips, one hundred and one thoughts racing by each other. They'll need to talk about this, but it won't be now.

 

Chanyeol calls for the nurse to inform them that they are done. The doctor then comes, ultrasound in tower.


 

--


 

They make it back to Luhan's place, its still very much quit between the two. Chanyeol heads back to the room to change into something a little more comfortable; clothing feel constricting at the moment. And Luhan goes to the kitchen to ease his tight and strain throat with a glass of water. The blond's phone rings while he does so, Chanyeol hearing 'Hello Mama,' as the bedroom door closes.

 

Within the room, Chanyeol releases a breath he had not been fully aware he has been holding. He runs a shaky hand through his hair, then viciously pulls the hoodie from over his head with t-shirt attached. He pulls out of his jeans and socks right after and stands harshly panting only in the loose covering of his boxers. He feels a worlds better, chest that less bit suffocating.

 

He inhales in deep through his nose, pondering on his next step. He glances the full body mirror hooked on the back of Luhan’s bedroom door and hesitantly walks over to it. At first he only stares himself over, tilts his head from side to side. He sees no change in his physique. Still as thin and gangly as he's always been, then turns to the side to check the width of himself. With the new angle he can better see the the change in his lower abdomen. There's a bump, but nothing that you would define to being pregnant. Maybe a little overweight from one to many snacks. But that clearly isn't the case for him.

 

Chanyeol brings a hand up and lets it rest at mid section. He takes another breath before he slowly starts to descend downward. The closer he becomes to the bump the faster his heart beats.

 

There, hand settled in place over his knot, he eases his thumping pulse and wiry nerves down. Curiously he presses against it, the growth feeling hard and fragile in his palm. There's no word to expression the emotions seeping through him. Scared, elighted, overwhelmed and so much more. He brings his other hand up in place with the other, and shapes them around his little nugget. He breaths a shaking laugh; tears welling up in his eyes as he tries to take it in. He's pregnant with his and Luhan's child.




 

Opening the bedroom door and coming into the room, Luhan hadn't expected to found his lover nearly and in tears.


 

--


 

A thousand kisses and a nap later, Luhan has Chanyeol wrapped tightly in his arms. They lay in his bed, covers messily tangled around them. He gingerly tracks his fingers through the youngers coffee colored hair as he sleeps; shallow breaths escaping him and fanning onto his chest.

 

The morning has been a tiring one, mentally, anyways. There were a number of things that could have taking place. The sunny day could have been dreary with rain and cloudy skies. Aliens could be invading the earth. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes could have getting back together. There were endless possibilities, but the fact that his boyfriend is expecting with child blows his mind.

 

Like it or not, being a parent was the last thing on Luhan's list.

 

His own parents hadn't conceived him to they were in their thirties. Taking time to grow and mature with one another and building a solid foundation. Wanting to follow behind them and do the same, he still had a good seven years until that time came.

 

He's not going to question how this can be happening, because he knows why its happening. Being young and stupid and not taking his actions into consideration. With that being said he's not internally sure he wants this right now.



 

"If you frown anymore, it'll stick." Chanyeol suddenly comes, pulling Luhan from his inner thoughts.

 

The elder blinks down at him, eyes coming back to the here and now. "You're awake?" The younger nuzzles his nose into the underside of his jaw in answer.

 

"What are you thinking about so hard?"

 

Luhan takes the younger by the face, cuffing his cheek tenderly as their eyes meet. They stare into each other, searching for an answer to a question neither can fully answer. "Do you want this?" Asks Luhan, closing his eyes and pressing their foreheads together.

 

Chanyeol shifts, arms tying up and around to rest against the broad expanse of Luhan’s back. "Do you?" He asks back.

 

Luhan's eyes open once again, Chanyeol's large eyes boring back at him. He sighs, angling his head to kiss at Chanyeol's lips and over the soft skin. The younger’s lips part on  instinct, allowing Luhan to deepens the kiss. They break away, once the need for air comes; Chanyeol's lips now cherry red and bruised with kisses.

 

"You're wind up, relax." Chanyeol smoothes Luhan auburn hair from his face.

 

"How can I?" Says Luhan tense with building anxiety. "You're pregnant and I don’t know if I can do this right now."

 

The younger kisses him calm, humming one of his self made tunes. "Let's not do this," the younger says, once Luhan is melted into his side and nibbling soft bits into his bare shoulder.

 

"Huh?" The elder boy absently retorts back.

 

There's a pause between words before Chanyeol goes to further explain. "The pregnancy, let's not do it. Let's get an abortion."

 

Luhan's head snaps up alarmingly quick, the relaxed haze he was in gone and nonexistent. "What?"

 

"You don't want this, right?"

 

Luhan groans, detecting himself from the youngers side to sit up. "Yeol, I know what I said, but abortion? What about you, do you want this?"

 

Chanyeol also sits up and cuffs a hand over his stomach. He shrugs, top lip tucked into his mouth. "Its not like I can do this alone. You don't want it and I can't go to my parents. They will definitely make me get the abortion whether I want the child or not."

 

Luhan exhales a deep breath and massages his pointer and middle fingers over his temples. This isn't suppose to be happening right now. Chanyeol's not suppose to be pregnant and they're not suppose to be talking about whether they want to get an abortion. This shouldn't be a topic that involves them.

 

"What about giving it up for adoption?" Chanyeol frowns at the asked question.

 

"You want me to carry our child around for another six and a half months. Then expect me to give it away afterwards?"

 

"Its better than an abortion. At least it will be alive." The elder argues.

 

"I don't want to give my child away, Luhan." The brunet growls heatedly under his breath.

 

"Then you want to kill it?" The latter growls back just as furious.

 

They come to a standstill, both glaring at each other with hated frustration in their eyes. Chanyeol looks away first. "I'm not doing it." He huffs, angrily standing up from the bed to collect his clothing he left scarce on the floor. And leaves the room. Luhan high tails it from the bed and after him.

 

"Chanyeol, where are you going?" He yells after the boy. Chanyeol doesn't answer dropping his clothing on the living room sofa and begins to dress.

 

Indignant with being ignored, Luhan yanks the other by the arm. "Chanyeol I'm talking to you. Where are you going?"

 

The younger pulls away a scowl on his face. "I'm going home, if you must ask." He says bringing his shirt over his head.

 

Luhan grimaces in retort. "But we are discussing something important."

 

The younger turns to the other, dressed with only his socks left to put on. "No you are having a discussion. I'm done talking about it." He clarifies, heading towards the front door.

 

"We aren't done talking about this, Yeol." The elder follows behind watching as Chanyeol slips into his shoes then takes his coat down from the coat hook.

 

"We can talk about it another day. Right now we need time and space to think this through clearly. We obviously aren't on the same page, so until then I'm going home."

 

"Chanyeol," Luhan calls the boys name in desperate protest.

 

Chanyeol zips his jacket up and turns to the other with a meek smile. Stepping closer his pulls the elder into a hug. "I don't want to fight with you. I want us to make the right choice, but I need time to myself before we do so. And you can use some as well."

 

Wary of Chanyeol departing at such a crucial time, he agrees with much resistance. They need the space and some time to get their own thoughts in order on the matter. "...Just make sure to call me if anything comes up." The auburn hair male pleads with a reluctant sigh.

 

"I will, I promise." The younger tells him, and presses a kiss to his cheek, before they part and he leaves out the door, with opting to call once he's arrived home.

 
 

 

Please comment below and tell me what you think. v^.^ And if you think I should put a warning up for talk of abortion and adoption, let me know.