24. A Teacher Beyond School Hours

Royal Court

A Teacher Beyond School Hours

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~Suzy POV~~

I can do this I can do this… I kept saying to myself as I paced around the room. I was in a little preparation room getting ready for my last exam ~ history. I made sure I could remember all the dates before I went to bed last night. Now the worst thing would be if I have a sudden mind blank in the exam… ah touch wood! That WON'T happen! Sigh, breathe in breathe out… I can get through this~

Suddenly the door opened and Sungmin oppa popped his head around the corner saying, “The examiner is ready, let’s go.”

With a final clench of my fist I followed him out of the room. Well… wish me luck!

 

***

Two hours later I walked out of scary confinement and finally breathed again. I looked around to see an empty corridor which I was a bit disappointed to see. With a shrug I walked lightly towards the staff room. My last exam was over and I felt like a massive bolder had been lifted off my shoulders. I was hopping about with joy but as I turned to go into the staffroom I stepped wrongly and started falling face first towards the floor. Suddenly a strong arm caught me at the waist and pulled me upwards. When I finally found my balance again I realised that I was leaning on the person who helped me up. I turned my head to see who it was and came face to face with Sungmin oppa barely an inch away. If we were any closer our lips would’ve met. Our eyes connected for a split second before I broke away trying to suppress the hot feeling that was rushing to my face.

 

“O hi oppa… you’re still here?” I stuttered as I stood up straight and stepped back from his embrace.

“Yeah just sorting out next weeks’ lessons”, Sungmin replied with a smile. “How did your exam go?”

“I think I did ok ^^  I should’ve passed” I said warily not wanting to think back to those scary two hours.

“You should have more confidence in yourself”, he said still smiling.

“Thanks…”

 

The atmosphere suddenly turned a bit awkward as I turned away to pack my things away, getting ready to head home.

“So… I’m gonna get going now. Don’t stay too late it’s the weekend” I said, ready to go as soon as Sungmin oppa said goodbye too.

“You’re right, I’m pretty much done anyways ~do you have any plans? Want to go grab a cup of tea?” he asked. I just stood there not quite sure how to react to his request. Is this a date? Well technically he is asking me out… it’s just a friendly trip to the café and nothing more right?

“To celebrate the end of exams?” he added seeing that I wasn’t replying.

“Sure ~ why not.” I said since I had nothing to do anyways.

 After filing his documents he collected his belongings, locked the staff room and we headed out the now empty school.

 

***

 

It was weird being with him outside of school grounds. Sungmin oppa was unbelievably chatty. Usually in school he always has such a serious attitude on. I’m not saying he’s cold, he isn’t, far from it actually. It’s just he seems like the intellectual type who prefers a calm, quiet atmosphere. As he continued talking I just nodded along while giving an odd comment or two. He talked about our families and friends who seem to have bonded so well together. Now that I come to think of it we do have a lot of connections.

 

“Did you know Eunhyuk and Iyu have broken up?” he asked.

“They were dating??” I asked genuinely surprised. With all these things he’s telling me I seriously wonder where the hell I’ve been these past few months.

“You didn’t know? It was the hottest gossip for the past week! And you’re Hyuk’s sister as well!” Sungmin exclaimed in shock.

“I guess I got too caught up in my studies…” I replied “One minute I thought Iyu unnie liked Donghae oppa…” I said as I looked up at Sungmin who gave me an acknowledging look. My mouth formed an O as I realised that was the reason for the split.

“Wait so you knew Iyu liked Donghae but didn’t know Iyu and Eunhyuk dated and broke up? How comes you don’t know what everyone knows yet know things others don’t?” Sungmin commented with amusement and he had a point.

“I don’t know… I’m good at reading people I guess. Iyu unnie has always looked at Hae oppa differently.” I shrugged.

 

“So any other gossip I should be catching up on?” I asked.

“Well let’s see, according to Henli, Yesung hyung and Luna has been getting close recently.”

“Oooo, that won’t go down well.” I commented knowing full well Shi Young umma’s attitude towards common folk.

“Why so?” Sungmin asked knocking his head to the side slightly.

“You’ll see soon enough if this relationship advances anymore. Anyways who else?” I replied.

 

“There’s something iffy between Zhoumi Hyung and Ria. And considering you didn’t know about Hyuk and Iyu I bet you didn’t know about Prince Leeteuk and Lady Sunye either.”

My mouth dropped in surprise.

“LEETEUK OPPA FINALLY CONFESSED? WHEN?” I practically screamed at him. I honestly thought Teukie oppa would never find the courage to confess his long crush on Sunye unnie.        

Sungmin stared at me for a minute before bursting out laughing at my reaction to the news. Well it’s not my fault I didn’t know! I was too busy studying!

“O you are too funny Suzy, you ought to go back and check what your oppas are doing.” Sungmin said with a chuckle when he finally calmed down a bit.

All I could do was pout at him which made him chuckle even more.

 

We finally reached the café after that little outburst and we sat down with drinks while changing the topic to school, the children and my studies. As we talked I couldn’t help observing him, his manner of speaking, the way he drinks, how his eyes open really wide when he’s surprised, the way his eyes form crescents when he smiles and how his eyes really sparkle. I can’t help being drawn in by those dark orbs. I guess the rumours I heard from the other teachers about his mini fanclub are true. It’s really hard not to fall for this rather, and I have to admit, beautiful man. Seriously it’s not even handsome anymore he’s crossed the line and is legit beautiful! He could give Heechul oppa a run for his money. It’s these kind of looks that make the whole world jealous, regardless of gender.

 

“Suzy?” Sungmin said while waving a hand over my eyes “Are you ok?”

“Huh?.... o sorry spaced out for a bit” I said when I came to my senses again.

“It’s getting quite late now we should be heading back.” Sungmin said as he started to stand up. I follow his actions and we made our way out of the café which was pretty much empty by now.

 

Like a proper gentleman he escorted me back to the palace gates and watched me go in before making his own way home. Once inside the palace I ran straight to my room which had a balcony facing the town. I watched as he slowly disappeared from sight and just stayed there admiring the view.

 

Snapping out of my trance I decided to take up Sungmin Oppa’s advice and go nose around in my brothers’ affaires. I trekked over to Teukie Oppa’s room, which is in a totally different wing! Trust me it takes half a day to visit anyone in this place, no wonder why I’ve sort of lost contact with all of them. Walking into oppa’s suite I sneaked around to see if I could try and scare him.

 

“Well hello stranger, what can I do for you this lovely evening?” I heard from behind me.

I turned around to find oppa looking at me with a playful smirk.

I wasn’t about to give him the satisfaction of squirming to his so called “authority”.

 

“If you don’t want me to go all Amber unnie on you, you better spill everything that happened between you and Sunye unnie right now!” I threatened with a smirk.

Oppa gulped and I swear I saw his smile falter a bit. Me and Amber unnie were known for being trouble makers. Although unnie is on a totally different level I am not far behind. I sat down on the sofa and tapped the seat next to me and smiled sweetly at my dear oppa. It was going to be a long night.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone confused??

Still following right??

Good Good =D

Thanks for reading ^_^

~~~(^__^)~~~