7. A Life In A Day

Royal Court

A Life In A Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was a glorious day, the sun was shining and the birds were singing. The King was actually taking some time to enjoy himself with his 2nd wife Mistress Baek, Heechul and Luna by taking a stroll in the gardens.  He had originally wanted the whole family but the Queen is out in town, the third wife was out shopping and the kids were either out, busy or wrecking havoc some else >> speaking of havoc …

 

~~~~~~

 

“Your soup of the day sir” Eunhyuk smiled setting the bowl down on the table. The famous twins got bored and decided to go help out at the restaurant.

The man nodded, smiled at Eunhyuk and  was about to start eating when something clicked. The customer looked up in shock.

“Omo, what position am I to be served by a p-p-p-prince! ~ omo this just won’t do ~ oh my p-p-p-p-prince I am so very very sorry! ~ omo omo ~” He flustered about. Eunhyuk giggled. A woman being served by Donghae on the other side of the restaurant was having the exact same spazz attack.

“Haha ~ please refrain from calling us princes today ~ today we are your waiters ~ call it a little gratitude towards our people ^_^” The boys smiled at them and winked at one another; the line was very well rehearsed. Before long a crowd began to form outside the restaurant. It was a rare sight to be served by the Royal Princes. No one dared to enter... well that was until the twins forcefully pulled them in and took their orders~

“Kimchi fried rice here!” Eunhyuk shouted happily.

“Ttobeokki here!” Donghae called soon after writing down the orders quickly.

Hyoyeon sat at the counter enjoying the view. The twins refused to let her move for the day and to be honest she didn’t mind. The boys were running about very busily but with massive grins plastered on their faces; they looked like they were enjoying themselves. She felt relaxed and happy for once.

 

BANG! came a loud in the kitchen.

 

“HYUNG!” The boys shouted in worry.

“Heh … sorry ...” Yesung smiled popping his head around the kitchen door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A few streets down, Suzy had applied to be a teaching assistant at the school although it seemed that she had to go through a lot of stages to prove her “suitability” for the job.

 

Training program ~

-Learn the basics of every subject

-Test of patience

-Playground duty (which was her favourite part ~ She has gotten close to the kids and grew to love them ~  even if they all call her unnie & noona instead of sunsaengnim)

-First aid (she was very good at consoling the kids)

-Personal development sessions with kids

-Individual learning groups

Generally, it was felt that she was very good with the kids aspect... but the learning and knowledge... well...

 

“Battle at Water Way?” Sungmin asked quickly.

“Erm...16…7..9?” She bit her pen worriedly.

“Wrong 1578 ~ name of our first reigning Queen?” Sungmin asked again.

“Queen Lee…. Mi… Kyung?” She replied hesitantly.

“Wrong Queen Lee Seo Rim” Sungmin sighed

“At least I got the right family!” She said definitely.  Sungmin glared.

“Ok here’s an easy one ~ who was the first King of our current dynasty” Suzy looked at him with a blank stare.

 “...”

“Suzy! He was your great great great grandfather!” Sungmin said in despair.

“Ahh! King Park Il Sung!” She replied in haste.

“Aish.. and I thought you would at least know your own family tree.” He shook his head.

“Arghh! You know I’m helpless at remembering things! I’m fine with literature and maths and music and sports … but history! Gahhh!! So many dates! How the hell do you do it?!” She threw her hands up in despair. Sungmin sighed heavily.

“We’ll leave it there for today ~ seems like we’re not gonna progress any further ~ come and sit in on more history lessons ~ I think the discussions would really help.”

“ Ok ~ thank you~...” she said quietly still making notes on everything he said.

“Aren’t you going yet?” Sungmin asked getting up and putting the books away.

“Oh I’m waiting for my Umma.” She said, frantically scribbling away.

Said umma, the Queen peered in from outside the door; a sense of pride and happiness ran through her~ her daughter was growing up.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

The tailor shop had been quiet for some time.

“So can it be fixed?” Ria asked worriedly.

“Well... it’ll take a while but I’m sure I can do something to save it ~ how did you get it this badly ripped and stained anyways?” Zhou Mi studied the dress with raised eyebrows.

“Twin princes ...” Ria sighed looking sadly at her dress.

“Ahh! Understood” He smiled gently towards her but quickly averted his gaze to the dress.

“So how have you been recently?” Ria asked looking at Zhou Mi.

“Not bad ~ but I guess it has been less lively around here since Minah got married.” Zhou Mi shrugged his gaze fixed on the dress.

“You really miss her don’t you?” Ria looked at him with gentle eyes.

“Well.. I’m sure your brother would feel the same the day he sees you off.” He said as he set the hem of the dress down.

“That’s a long thought ~ got to find myself someone decent first.” Ria laughed lightly.

“You’ll never know ~ maybe he’s right next to you.” He looked up at her. Their eyes, for that single moment, locked. Zhou Mi stood transfixed and broke away blushing slightly. He coughed and looked  straight back at the dress.

“Well I guess I’ll leave it to you then, when do you think you’ll be done?” Ria smiled.

“Erm...give me a day or two ^_^” He smiled back avoiding looking into her eyes again.

“Ok ~ I’ll come back in two days ~ have a nice day ^_^” She grinned.

“And a nice day to you too” Zhou Mi replied. He watched her as she left the store and sank into the nearest seat. Babo ~ he scowled tapping his head gently.

 

The shop bell rang and Zhou Mi jumped up.

“Welcome to ...” He began his overly used line...

“Mimi ge ge!!” Minah called running into the shop.

“Mei!” He grinned. The hugged tightly and grinned. Seunghyun followed close behind smiling softly 

“So had a fun honeymoon?” He asked his little sister. She nodded enthusiastically.

“And how is my royal brother in law?” He grinned happily. Seunghyun smirked.

“Couldn’t be better hyung” They clasped hands.

“Sit sit~ Where did you go?” Zhou Mi smiled indicating to a small sofa and chair. The three of them gossiped until the sun went down and the birds finished singing on a most glorious day.

 

 

REF :

Mei = Chinese for younger sister, Gege = Chinese for older brother

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I'm late >__< 

Been super busy so it totally slipped my mind ~ by busy I mean it's 5am, the sun is out and I'm only just going to sleep ...

Anyways enjoy :)