He's Coming Back

Locked Away

Author's POV

The King and his entourage combed through the large garden looking for the two inseparable children but caught no sight of them anywhere.


"Where are those two trouble makers?" the King teased as he bent down to look under a bench.


“They probably went past the garden boundaries again” Sir Kwon shook his head and sighed. “I told that boy a million time not to pass that tree.”


“Relax Younghwan, they’re probably just having fun” the King smiled at his old friend. “I still remember all the adventures we had back there when were kids."


“Dangerous adventures, very dangerous” Sir Kwon added making the king chuckle heartily.


“Ah yes, those were the good days. Back when we didn't have to worry about the border or fret over missing jewels. I would give anything t---"


"AAAAAHHHHHH" they heard a shrill scream come from not to far off.


"Sandara!" the king exclaimed as he recognized his daughter's voice and broke into a panicked run, following the guards into the patch of trees.


"Princess! Princess!" the guards called out as they searched the brush.


"Sanda---"


The group of men froze in shock at the scene before them.


The little Princess lay unconscious on the ground, the grass around her legs painted red with crimson blood. Jiyong sat to her right hunching over close to the princess' limp body. The jeweled crown engulfed his small head and the the golden sword lay by his side gleaming in the sunlight.


"Sandara!" the king ran to his daughter's side, waking the other men from their state of shock.


"Jiyong!" Sir Kwon ran over to his son, who sat frozen in fright.


"D-Daddy...please h-help her" Jiyong voice broke and his eyes teared.


Sir Kwon looked over at the King who tried frantically to get his daughter to wake up from unconsciousness. When his gaze fell upon the bloody sword laying on the ground his eyes widened at the realization and looked back at his son with a furrowed brow.


"D-Did you...."


"What are you standing there for!" General Lee barked at the group soldiers who were just looking on in shock.


"You two!" he pointed to the men standing by him, "Take the crown jewels back to the palace!"


"You!" he yelled at an other, "Run and bring the Royal Doctor!"


"And you three! Have you never been in battle before!?" he scolded, "Come over here and help me dress her wound!"


"Your Majesty" the general moved to take the princess from his arms but the king did not move.


"We need to stop the blood your Majesty, please let us take over!"


"Sandara!" the king cried as General Lee and one of the guards applied pressure to her wound.


"Please...wake up."                                                   



                                                                                         ---~---
 


Author's POV

"Though I cannot be completely sure....it does resemble a sword inflicted wound" the doctor delivered his verdict.


Sir Kwon kept his gaze fixated on the ground, his fists clenched at his sides.


"Will she be alright doctor?" the king asked worriedly as he watched his tear stricken wife their young daughter's auburn hair.


"Yes, she will be fine your Majesties." he reassured them, "She may exhibit signs of post traumatic stress but we will keep her in the infirmary until she wakes up and make sure she gets every thing she needs, please do not worry."


"W-will she be able to walk again?" the queen asked in a broken voice.


"We can't be sure you Majesty, but we will do anything in our power to get her back on her feet."


"Please do everything you can for her" the king sighed.


"Of course your Highness" the doctor bowed.


"Come on dear you need to get some rest" the king extended his hand to the queen to help her up.


"I'm just going to stay here a little longer..."


The king sighed but let her be, knowing that he couldn't convince her otherwise.


"Don't let her stay too long" he told one of the nurses, "And make sure to send an attendant with her when she leaves."


"Yes your Majesty." the nurse bowed as he left the infirmary.

 

                                                                                         ---~---



Author's POV

"Yonunghwan please get up, this is completely unnecessary." 


Sir Kwon remained in bowing position and clenched his fists as a million thoughts ran through his head.


"Please forgive me for my son's inexcusable act. It is my fault for not raising him correctly therefore I am to blame. I have decided to send Jiyong with Sir Park to train for the secret service task force. I believe the strict environment will be the best for his upbringing."


"Younghwan this is absurd, you don't have to do this."


"Your Majesty, I have vowed to serve and protect you and your family ever since the night your risked your life for me ten years ago. And now I repay you with almost costing your daughter her life."


The king sighed and placed his hand on his old friend's shoulder.


"Get up first, lets talk about it before you make your decision."


Sir Kwon got up from his from his position but his face remained stern and unable to  meet eyes with the king.


"Now Younghwan, I understand what your are trying to do but you are my friend and I do not in any way hold you accountable for this. They are just kids and Jiyong's behavior...is corrigible."


"I cannot tolerate the idea that someone of my line has caused such harm to the royal family. I will never be able to live with myself if I do not go through with this."


"Yes but---"


"Please your Majesty. I have made up my mind and I implore you not to intervene. This is the only way I feel that I can amend the situation." Sir Kwon finally met his gaze and the King sighed in defeat when his saw the look of desperation in his friend's eyes.


"As you wish, but if you change your mind....there will always be a place for him here."


"Thank you your Majesty."



                                                                                         ---~---



Author's POV

Dara felt the warm sun tickling her face as she slowly opened her eyes. Looking around the unfamiliar room, she watched as people in white uniforms scurried between beds that lined the walls on both sides of the space.


Dara wiggled her way into sitting position but a sharp stabbing sensation shooting up her leg made her cry out in pain.


"Ah!" she clutched her throbbing leg and noticed the big bandage wrapped tightly around her calf.


"The princess is awake! Quickly! Go fetch her parents!" the doctor ordered as he ran towards his tiny patient.


"How are you feeling princess?" he asked her.


"I w-want my mommy" the little girl answered getting teary eyed.


"Sandara!" the queen exclaimed as she burst through the door and ran towards her daughter.


"Thank goodness you're alright! I was worried sick!" she ran to embrace he daughter and clutched her tightly to her chest.


"My leg hurts mommy, it hurts real bad."


"I know dear but the good doctor here will give you some medicine to help the pain go away." the queen tried to reassure her as she her tangled hair.


"Now can you tell us what happened in the garden?" she asked and the doctor and nurses all gathered round to hear the answer they'd all been eager to hear.


"The garden?"


"Yes darling, how did your leg get hurt?"


"I....I....I don't know...I can't remember mommy" Dara answered massaging her forehead as she raked her brain for the memory.


The queen turned to the doctor in alarm but he just sighed as he removed his spectacles.


"It seems the trauma has blocked the event from her memory. It is a common defense mechanism in these cases so please do not worry your Highness. She may regain the memory later on but her mind may also keep it suppressed forever."


"I guess we'll never really know what happened," the queen sighed in defeat, "Jiyong didn't speak a word to anyone since they brought him back from the garden and---"


"Jiyong?" Dara muttered to herself, "Jiyong!" she exclaimed, almost jumping from the bed. "Mommy! Where's Jiyong!? I need to see him! I need to see him now!"


The queen stiffened and tears welled in her eyes as she looked down at her daughter's frantic state.


Jiyong and Sandara had been practically inseparable since birth and now she would have to be the one to break her precious daughter's heart.


"Where is he mommy? I need to talk to him!" 


"Sandara honey.....Jiyong....he's....h-he's not here anymore."


"What? W-what do you mean?" Dara asked as her brows furrowed.


"He had to move away dear....he's not here anymore" her mother tried to explain but Dara just shook her head.


"Y-You're lying!" she screamed. "You don't know what you're saying!"


"Jiyong is here! Jiyong is my bestest friend! He would never leave me!" she cried as endless tears ran down her face.


"Sandara please listen to me" the queen reached out to her daughter as tears fell from her eyes.


"NO!" Dara jerked from her mother's touch and moved further away from her.


She curled up into a ball at the corner of the bed and held her knees tightly to her chest, the throbbing pain in her leg completely forgotten.


Tears flowed endlessly from her eyes as she rocked herself back and forth.


"Jiyong is here....he's coming to see me" she whispered to herself, clutching tightly at the golden locket hanging around her neck.


".....my bestest friend is coming back."

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(A/N : Forgive the 6 year-old Jiyong for being unable to plead his case. And please do excuse the medieval doctor for his inability to differentiate between a sword and claw wound)