Chapter 7

The Final One.

 

Following the whole fiasco with Doo Joon, I joined yet another cosplay group for another project of mine and that’s when I met the both of them.

Son Dong Woon and Jang Hyun Seung.

Dong Woon was the leader of our group. Before I met any of the other members, I met him first as I had troubles preparing for my cosplay.

“Ummm... I’m left with... boots!”

“Just get those yellow worker boots and paint it black or something.”

“What!? Don’t be stupid Son Dong Woon!” I playfully hit him on the back and chased him when he started running away.

... And as you can see he was an idiot.

I really enjoyed spending time with Dong Woon though. We would always end up crapping over the most random stuff. Sometimes I honestly felt like I was older then him! Before even meeting the rest of the group, he had already made me feel right at home. It made meeting the rest of the team way easier.

And at our first ever group outing, I met Jang Hyun Seung.

When I first saw him, it was... quite something. There was just something about him that made my heart skip a beat. Maybe it was his cool looks? He looked like the silent type but... I was wrong.

He was noisy as hell and a joker at that! I spent the day chasing him around and laughing at his super lame jokes along with the rest of the team. Dong Woon was there too but he was rather silent that day. I guess... that was just him with big groups.

When I got back home and went online that day, everyone from the group exchanged numbers. We had bonded quite a lot that day, even more then I did with my previous group.

I really loved and treasure my relationship with everyone there, they were family to me.

Aside from Dong Woon, Hyun Seung also began to text me privately a lot. I talked to the both of them about almost everything. From cosplay and anime to family and friends.

And in a way... they were both quite similiar.

Both of them were neglected by their own parents. Dong Woon was raised by his divorcee mum. Since she had to work, the both of them never really talked much. Hyun Seung’s parents were both accountants. They were always home late and Hyun Seung rarely got to spend time with the both of them. Neither of them had siblings.

Both Dong Woon and Hyun Seung led a comfy life and had all the money they needed but...

I think what they both really wanted was the warmth only a family member could give them.

This might be the reason why I had a soft spot in my heart for the both of them. Was it out of pity? To tell you the truth, till this day, I don't really know.

Start December 2009, roughly a month after I met the both of them, Hyun Seung left for Malaysia for a month as his grandparents were there and they went to visit them.

During this time, I spent A LOT of time with Dong Woon.

It was my holidays, you see. We would always go out and hang out at random places, be it the playground or a shopping mall. It was during this time that we got closer then ever. Hugs became a common thing for the both of us despite not being a couple.

And one day...

"Hey, Soo Yun ah."

"Hmmm? What is it oppa?" I took a sip from my chocolate milkshake. It was another one of those days. We were sitting on a playground near my neighbourhood. The sun was shining brightly and the wind was blowing a gentle breeze.

"What if... just what if, one day I tell you that I'm in love with you?"

That question caught me off guard. I thought about it. Dong Woon had actually filled up an empty void in my life. He was a very important person to me and... I couldn't imagine not having him in my life. Maybe, just maybe, I was in love with him?

"I might say yes." I smiled brightly at him. "Why, do you love me~?"

He rolled his eyes and grabbed his strawberry milkshake. "Yeah right. That was jsut a theoratical question."

"Hmm... Oppa you're an idiot~!"

"What did you say!? You little!" 

"Eeek! Oppa became a monster!" I giggled and ran away before he could start chasing me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When I got home that night, I didn't really think about his question. It didn't bother me much and to be honest, his reply when I asked do you love me didn't hurt me at all.

Maybe that was already a sign to prevent this mistake but... I made it anyway.

3AM that night, I was still texting Dong Woon when he suddenly called me. What does he want? Randomly calling me at this time!

"Oppa, why did you suddenly call me?"

“Soo Yun, I love you.”