Chapter 3

The Final One.

Even though that confession didn't tear our friendship apart, time did. Our friendship slowly faded away and we were no longer close to each other. At one point, the teasing and the daily talks just... stopped.

Up till now, I still have no idea what happened. We just... slowly grew more and more distant from each other. Despite that, my love for him continued to bloom, growing stronger then ever.

It was during this time that I found out what really happened with Hyo Sung and Gi Kwang.

"Well," Hyo Sung sighed after listening to me complain about how much I still loved him despite growing distant from him, "I never really told you why I broke up with Gi Kwang, did I?"

This caught my interest. 1 year 2 months later, I was still very interested to know the reason why those two broke up. "Yeah, you didn't."

"It was cause of you."

That, was the last thing I expected to hear. I looked at her in shock, eyes wide opened as the cup in my hands began trembling. "What...?"

"The person Gi Kwang really liked at that time was... you. He thought you didn't feel the same way and tried to get together with me instead. It just... didn't work out though."

"Gi Kwang liked me...!?" But then, why did he reject me the other time!? Did I really missed my chance, just like that? Ugh! What an idiot I am!

Hyo Sung patted my head as she got up from her chair and grabbed her handbag. "Don't dwell on it too much, ok? Good luck for your performance later! Bye!" At that point, I had totally forgotten that I had a school dance performance for the new juniors that night. I waved to her and stared at blank space for the rest of my break time. 

"Gi Kwang used to like me..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

But then, what happened? Why did he stop loving me? Why didn't he confess to me? The questions flooded my mind even during my performance. Thank god I didn't screw up!

As I was leaving the stage amidst the cheers of the crowd, I noticed that the band performance was next. Guess who was up on stage preparing for their performance? That's right, Lee Gi Kwang. "Hey! Soo Yun! Let's head back to the clubroom!" One of my team mates shouted at me when she noticed I had stopped walking. 

"You go on ahead," I threw the fan I had used for the performance towards her and she caught it. "I will catch up, ok?" She nodded. I stood at the back of the hall and watched as the band perform. As always, Gi Kwang was just oozing with charisma. As I watched him, creating beats with his drums, I wondered, was he watching me when I performed too?

I sighed and walked back to the clubroom.

When I finished up all the admin stuff for my club, it was night time already. I headed over to the school bus stop, sitting there alone as I waited for the bus. 

I began recalling all the fun times I had with Gi Kwang as we waited for the bus. We used to always take the bus home together after school as we took the same route home, his stop after mine. Sometimes, when he had other stuff to do, I would purposely make myself busy just to come up with an excuse to still go home with him.

... I reallly missed those times. 

Eventually, my bus came and you won't believe who I saw at the back of the bus. The boy who I spent nights crying over, Lee Gi Kwang.

It had been weeks since we last talked and I don't think he saw me board the bus since he was too busy with his phone. I took a sit at the front, wondering wether I should approach him a not but I eventually decided against it, not wanting an awkward atmosphere. I was, however, extremely happy to see him. I totally didn't expect to meet him on the bus!

Eventually, it came to my stop. I took one last glance at him before getting off. As I took a short walk home, the cold night air blew against my skin. I shivered as I replayed the conversation I had with Hyo Sung earlier today. 

I wanted to believe that maybe... even though we hadn't talked in weeks, he still loved me.

Soo Yun (10:32PM) Hey.

I got worried when minutes pass and he didn't reply. Did he really hate me that much? Had weeks of silence turned me into a stranger to him?

Gi Kwang (10:47PM) Oh hey, what's up? Sorry for the late reply, was bathing. 

I breathed a sign of relief, at least he was still on 'friendly' terms with me! Guess he didn't see me board the bus earlier after all... Gathering all of my courage as I used the same words to confess to him, yet again.

Soo Yun (10:48PM) I love you.

Gi Kwang (10:48PM) I'm sorry Soo Yun but... my answer hasn't changed.

The reply was almost immediate this time and once again, I was crying over him. I didnt even bother replying him this time, too heartbroken to give a damn. 

The next morning, when I passed by him in class, we didn't speak, smile or even acknowledge each other. The rumors about us being a couple died along with our friendship. I had lost a friend to depend on. It broke my heart but... I should have already been prepared for this, I guess.

The first boy, the first story.