Chapter 2

Dream

 “That coaster is awesome!” Donghae oppa exclaimed. We just finished riding the *gulp* very high and 4 looped roller coaster. I think I can feel my stomach turning upside down.

“Wookie? Are you okay?” At least he is concerned in my health. 

“I’m fine oppa, but please let’s ride something relaxing first. I don’t think my stomach can handle another coaster-like ride.” I said the paleness must be clearly shown in my face because Donghae oppa is looking at me worriedly.

“Oh, okay then! Let’s ride the Swan Lake!” Really, Donghae oppa is such a kid. I smiled and slightly nodded my head.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



After our little escapade in the park, we went to our favourite restaurant to grab something to eat. We chitchat a bit and after a while we paid our bill and Donghae oppa drop me in our house.

“See you at school tomorrow, Wookie!” He said waving at me.

“You take care, oppa! I’ll see you tomorrow!” And I flashed a smile. 

I entered our house and I was surprised to see my parents home at this early time. 

“Mommy! Daddy!” I called out excitedly. I can finally discuss to them my plan for college. Oh I just hope that they’re willing to agree with me.

“Hi, princess.” My dad smiled at me. “How’s school?” He asked motioning me to sit with them in the couch.

“Oh the usual, we’ve been asked to finish all our final projects. We’ll going to start practicing for our graduation next week.” I said cheekily. “I missed you both! Are you going to stay for long, Mom? Dad?” I asked them, pouting Oh I just hope that my aegyo works on them. I usually do this to Yoonie noona and Donghae oppa.

“Of course honey! We will going to stay here up until your graduation and we will going to have you graduation ball after. No buts Kim Ryeowook!” Mom said excitedly, really my mom loves to have party and invite all the people she knows both in entertainment and business industry. I just smiled at her and nodded my head slightly. 

“ By the way honey,” my dad suddenly said. “We wanted to talk to you about your college plans.” I can clearly hear the tone of seriousness in my father’s voice. I somehow felt a little nervous. Omo Ryeowook you must stop ill-thinking and think positive. Just tell them you wanted to take up Music major in college, I just hope that they will allow me. 

“Honey, me and your dad wants you to go and enter in a International Business School.” What? Did I just heard the term “business”? Oh gosh! I can’t do this!

“But mom. I wanted to tell you that I want to take Music Major! You both know how I love music and you clearly know about my dream as a famous pianist.” I now regret raising my voice like that because right now, I can clearly sense the seriousness in both of my parents. I bowed my head and I’m trying to fight back the tears that threatening to fall.

“We’ve been given you your time for piano and music, it’s time to devote yourself into something serious matter young lady.” Dad said seriously.

“Bu-but dad-“

“No buts! You’ll be taking Business in College and you’ll be admitted in one of the prestigious Business school here in Korea. And that’s final!” I can’t believe that my Dad shouted at me. I didn’t even notice that the tears that I’m trying to fight back are now flowing freely in my face.

Seeing my tears, my dad let out an angry sigh and he walks away from us. My mom calms me and hugs me.
“Honey, you know that we love you so much. But please understand your father. He works hard to gain what we have now. And we can’t just give our companies to someone and you’re our only baby. Please honey.” Guilt surrounds my body, never in my life I heard my mom begged and it pains me. I look at her and cry my heart out; along my dreams that now I know will never be achieved.

 



.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

 


“What?!” Donghae Oppa blurted out. “Seriously, Wook? I can’t believe auntie and uncle won’t let you take music in college. *sigh* But look on the brighter side! We can be together in College again!” He said excitedly trying to lighten up my mood. I think Hae oppa is right. Things might turn out okay. I’ll just have to obey mom and dad now, at least I won’t be lonely in college.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It's been a week since our college life started. Things are not like in high school, now there are load of homeworks, loads of projects, less social time, longer class hours and a very exhausting day after. I take business college just what my parents wanted. Although I accepted this, things are kinda awkward in our house whenever the three of us are together. 

 
I'm living now at the school's dorm and Hae oppa and me are almost inseparable. We're blockmates for the rest of our college years! Can you believe that? So here I am now, waiting for him at the school's yard. He said that he'll be joining the dance club. He's very good in dancing I tell you.
 
"WATCH OUT!" A voice suddenly erupted in my ears and when I take a look back-
 
*BANG*