Chapter 3

Crossroads

 

Present day.

Sarah received a formal invitation. It was an invitation to a reunion of the classes who graduated. Aside from the grads in her year, all the other invitees consisted of those who were two years her sunbae, as well as the grads who were a year ahead of her. The reunion is in a month.

Joseph got the same invitation. He hoped that Sarah would come as well.

Perhaps his feelings for her never really disappeared. He just got distracted by living his life. Now with a career, all he can hope now is to start anew with her. And maybe possibly be hers.

But that would never happen. Because she has a boyfriend now. Which he did not know of.

 

Sarah went to work like usual. Only today shocked her. Joseph was there in the same hospital as her. And now she has to bear with the fact that she has to see him around. He often visited, "a friend," he told her. Not that she really cared, but she had to bear having to put up with his presence everyday.

On her lunch breaks, she had called Eric up before Joseph could ask her to go for lunch with him, and left immediately.

This went on for days. Until Joseph finally stopped her in the halls. "Let's talk. I won't be long." He took her outside the hospital, where other patients are also getting some fresh air. "Why have you been avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you. I just happened to be busy," she said coldly.

"Then can you please act like your old self?"

"This has been my old self."

"No--" Sarah's phone suddenly rang. Saved by the bell, she thought.

"Sorry I gotta answer this." She answered her phone. It was Eric calling. "Oh? Waeyo? Mhmm.. Okay... Yep. Later.. Yeah it's okay. Take care. Bye. Love you." She hung up.

"Anyway, sorry. What were you saying?"

"Nothing. Are you going to that reunion thing?"

"I don't know yet. I might have plans. Plus that's like in a month."

"Oh."

"Gotta go. I'm needed there. See you." Not, she thought. She turned and left. Tch, she thought. She let out a sigh. Just when I think I have forgotten everything I wanted to forget.

At the end of the day, Joseph wanted to talk to Sarah again. He asked her to go for drinks sometime. She reluctantly said yes when all she wanted to say was no and make an excuse. What was wrong with her?

Eric was at her place, (Andy's place since she still lived there) and she was greeted by him as soon as she's home. "You're finally home," Eric embraced her in a tight soothing hug. He kissed her lips, leaving her mesmerized. She had a stressful job, more stress than Eric's and his hugs were soothing enough to relieve her of the day's stress. Eric understood her so much and sometimes she couldn't help but feel guilty being so lucky to have him. "Have you eaten?" he asked.

"Ani. Waeyo? Did you cook?"

"Aniyo. Get dressed. We're going out." Mun Junghyuk is asking her on a date again. She quickly dressed - just comfortable casuals but still trendy. They headed out at the restaurant where Eric first took her on their first date.

"So how was work today?" he asked over the food that they were eating.

"You know how my work goes." She finally sighed.

"Waeyo? What's wrong?"

"I'm invited to this school reunion thing which is like in less than month now. I don't know if I should go."

"You should. It would be nice if you see your old friends from school."

"I don't know..." Maybe it isn't a good idea, she wanted to add.

"Well you decide. If you don't want to, we'll do something else that day."

"Oh and there's this friend," Friend? she thought, "who wanted to go for drinks with me. I want you to go with me," she said. It wasn't an order from her but more like a request.

"When?"

"How does the next two days sound?"

"Alright."

 

A/N: ~oOoOoOoOo~ Another update~ Drama start. LOL. This one's for you delvimin18. Because you're awesome. And to all the others who subscribed, a huge thank you.~ Love, aznfangirl_