Chapter 1:Dream

Honey (DISCONTINUED)

Chapter 1:Dream

 

Honey Byun danced step by step and sung her heart out perfectly as she listened to Girls Generation's "I Got A Boy". She giggled to herself as she was having the time of her life, even though she barely knew what they were saying, she loved the dance, the beat, and colorful outfits going along with the song.

As soon as the YouTube video ended, Honey decided to take a rest in her computer chair in her room. She was alone today in her house since her mother was an ER nurse. She barely saw her and was usually not at home, but Honey was okay with that. She had fun singing and dancing to herself.

Once she got her breathing under control, she scrolled through the videos to see what others she could dance too. Her eyes lit up when she came across U-KISS "Standing Still" video. She loved that song with a passion and when she first heard it, she knew she had to make a dance cover of it. Actually, Honey had made dance covers of a lot of Kpop songs, why?

Because Kpop was her life. She couldn't get enough of it. From B2st to Super Junior, Girls Generation to Kara, She loved them all. It was just something abot it that lit up her whole world. Maybe it was because her mom was Korean from South Korea and her dad was African American who was from San Diego, California. That's where her and her mother currently resides, her dad being deceased for four years now.

That's when she really got into Kpop. American music was good to her, but it was just something about Kpop. They had lots of boy and girl groups, something America didn't have. The cheography of those group dances took her breath away.

Granted, she listened to Japanese music first, but one day she stumbled upon a group called Girls Generation and the rest was history. She especially loved their first song "Into The New World" and "Run Devil Run". She could never get tired of those two songs.

Honey clicked on U-KISS newest video and watched it like it was her very first time. The flow of their steps and the depth of their voices had Honey sighing in want and content.

Content because she loves this song and want because she wanted to be a singer, not just any singer, a Kpop singer. She woud love to be put in a group with other girls, dancing on stage, to wear awesome outfits, and to sing their hearts out, but she knew it would never happen.

She barely knew Korean, even though she's half Korean, and she knew they wouldn't even let her become a trainee because she wasn't full blooded Korean. Korea wasn't racist, but they wouldn't let you just come along to intrude into their limelight.

She sighed. Oh how she wished she was an idol right now...

As she was daydreaming her cell suddenly rang, playing Teen Top's "Miss Right".

"Hello?" She asked after tapping the green button on her iPhone's screen.

"Hey Hon Hon, what are your doing?" Her best friend Karen asked.

"Nothing, why?" Honey asked back as she paused U-KISS on her laptop.

"I'm bored, can I come over and we can watch Asian dramas?" She asked.

Honey chuckled at her. Ever since she introduced Asian dramas to Karen she has been addicted to them. Karen was more into dramas while she was more into the music of various Asian countries especially South Korea.

"Sure and bring food, your always emptying my kitchen." Honey joked lightly.

Karen scoffed even though she knew what Honey said was true. "Fine, I'll bring pizza, that's cool?"

"Yeah, see you then."

"See you." Karen answered back.

Honey decided to watch one more video before getting ready for Karen's arrival. She skimmed through the latest list of Kpop music videos and came across B.A.P "One Shot". She clicked on it, having never watched it before.

Seven minutes later, Honey sat there stunned. That had to have been the best music video she's seen since 2013 began, but she still put "Standing Still" first and then "One Shot." That video had some violence in it and had an alternate ending, but it was good as hell. Kudos to B.A.P since she wasn't really a fan of them.

Honey decided it was time to get the house ready for a girl's night in the house and put down her laptop's screen without turning it off because she knew Karen would want to watch her Korean dramas on there.

Honey dragged lots of comfy pillows, blankets, and her laptop and charger towards the living room. She dumped all the items on her living room floor in front of the flat screen. She then went into the kitchen to pop some popcorn, grab some sodas, cookies, and chips since not only does Karen eat a lot on these kinds of girl bonding nights, but she does too.

Once the popcorn was done, she brough all the snacks and treats to the living room and put them on the the glass table. Before she could even sit down, Honey heard her doorbell rang and knew it was Karen. Honey looked through her peephole to confirm and then opened her front door for Karen.

"Hi Honey Bun." Karen said sweetly with two large pizza box's in her hands.

Honey grinned back. "Hi Kare Bear, come on in." She said stepping aside.

Karen walked through the door, Honey closing the door and following her. They both situated themselves on the comfortable carpet and began eating and watching whatever was on TV.

"So, what's been going on?" Honey asked as she munched on popcorn and pizza.

"Well I've got accepted into San Diego University." Karen said taking a sip of soda.

Honey grinned widely. She knew that was Karen's dream college. She wanted to be a fashion designer. "Congratulations! Your going right?"

Karen looked at her crazy. "Hell yes I'm going! All that studiying I did!"

 Honey nodded at her understandingly, but she was a little jealous of her best friend. She knew what she wanted to be and got accepted right off the bat, but Honey, she didn't know what she really wanted to be, scratch that, she knew what she wanted to be, and it was an entertainer.

When her father was alive she would always put on performances for him. She would sing, act, and dance just to see him smile and because she loved it. She wanted to be all those things especially in her favorite music genre which was Kpop.

Her and Karen just graduated high school and Karen would be going to college while she just sat at home with her Kpop dreams. Karen knew all about her desires, but what could they do? They were half way across the world.

They continued eating, chatting, and watching some TV. After that, Karen wanted to watch this Korean drama called "All About My Romance."

They watched it with subtitles of course since Karen didn't understand none of it while Honey understood bits and pieces of it.

Karen clicked on the next episode, but then a commercial came up.

Hey, do you want to be the next Kpop star? Well welcome the newest talent searching show Idol Star, where you show your talents infront of various famous idols, but if you win, you'll also get a contract to be under any famous talent agency.There are various audition locations throughout Asia and the U.S.

If you make it through the audition, you'll be flown to South Korea where you'll be a participant on our newest show Idol Star. Various details are on our website, IdolStar.com. If you think you have what it takes, sign up.

The commercial went off, the drama now starting up. Karen paused the video and looked at Honey.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked smirking.

Honey shook head, even though she knew what she was thinking.

"We should sign you up, see where the audition are at in the U.S." She said.

"No." Honey said firmly looking at the carpet.

She raised her eyebrow. "Why not? Isn't your dream to be a kpop idol?"

"Yeah, but..."

"But nothing. I'm signing you up." Karen said. She started typing on the keys and Honey didn't stop her.

A part of Honey wanted to try out, but she was kind of afraid. She was probably going to be the only person there that wasn't Asian.

Karen looked at the list of locations the auditions were being held. "Los Angeles, perfect." She said smirking. She then sighed Honey up.

Once she was done she turned and smiled at her. "The auditions are being held for three days straight. This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in L.A."

Honey looked at her shocked. Tonight was Wednesday and it was summer break. It would be Thursday in a couple of hours.

"So if we're going to do this thing, you better tell your mom we're leaving tomorrow because I'm taking you there." Karen said with determination in her eyes.

"What? You'll do that for me?" Honey asked whispering, her heart feeling touched.

She nodded then pulled her into a hug. "I'm following my dream, time for you to follow yours. I know how much you love to entertain people and I especially know how much you love Kpop, so we're doing this together."

Honey hugged her back, feeling incredibly grateful that she had a friend like her. Ever since her father passed away, She's been very quiet and kept to mherself, but Karen was always there for her and Honey couldn't thank her enough.

But now the only person she had to convince was her mom.

Honey really hoped her mom would let her go, even though it's going to be hard to convince her.

 

 

Hope you liked it! Please leave a comment and subscribe!