Star Light, Star Bright

Star Light, Star Bright

 

 

Star light,

“Jonghyun, what are you doing out here? It’s late, and we’ve got a broadcast tomorrow. You should be sleeping.”

           Dressed in a t-shirt and his boxers, he stepped out onto the balcony, rubbing his eyes.

star bright,

           Jonghyun turned around, resting his back against the railing.

“Sorry Changhyunnie, I couldn’t sleep. Don’t worry about me. Go back to bed, I’ll be there soon.”

“Why are you even out here? It’s cold…”

first star I see tonight.

           Chuckling, the younger opened up the blanket draped around his shoulders.

“If you’re cold, then come here. I’ll keep you warm. And I’m out here wishing.”

“Wishing? On what, stars?”

           Changhyun took the invitation and hugged Jonghyun, resting his head on the other’s chest. Warmth overtook him as Jonghyun closed the blanket on them both and turned back to facing the sky.

“Yeah.”

           Looking up, Changhyun gave Jonghyun a confused look.

“That’s ridiculous. Wishing on stars doesn’t do anything. Stars are ginormus hot balls gas, a gagillion miles away. You can't expect them to make all of your dreams come true.”

           Jonghyun replied with a smile,

           “Yes I can.”

            “Then prove it.”

           and took that challenge.

 “Alright; close your eyes and make a wish.”

“…”

           Rebelliously, Changhyun continued to glare up at Jonghyun, reluctant to give in to the younger boy.

“Come on. We don’t have all night. You said it yourself: we’ve got a broadcast in the morning.”

“Jonghyun, this isn’t going to work.”

“Yes it will, now trust me and make a wish.”

“…fine.”

            Closing his eyes tight, Changhyun scrunched up his face in concentration. He tried to think of something outrageous. Something so out there, that it wouldn’t possibly come true no matter what.

I wish I may,

            Jonghyun softly pecked Changhyun’s cheek, and watched as his face contorted into a frown. They sat still for a moment, before Changhyun pried himself out of Jonghyun’s warm, strong arms. He walked back into the dorm, leaving Jonghyun behind, on the balcony.

“Changhyun-ah, I’m sorry. Should I not have done that?”

            Changhyun stopped, mid-step, and turned around just enough to glare at the younger.

“I hate it when you’re right.”

            Jonghyun smiled, and walked with his boyfriend back to their rooms, wrapping the blanket around them again, and pecking his cheek once more.

 


 

I wish I might,

            Jonghyun woke suddenly. Groggy, he found himself laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was a dream. Holding Changhyun in his arms, kissing him, was just a dream.

            He flipped onto his stomach, and stared out the window from his top bunk bed. The stars shone down, casting light rays into the room, but they were too far away to reach him. Jonghyun shut his eyes and began to wish on every star he saw, until he couldn’t keep his head up anymore. His head laid on the pillow below, as his hands fisted the sheets.

 

“Stupid.” Tears dotted his pillow as he glared down the stars.

“You can’t expect the stars to make all of your dreams come true.”

have this wish I wish tonight.

 


 

 

Word Count: 518

Hey! How was that? It's supposed to be a bit sad, but I'm not sure that it seems that way? Poor Jonghyun; he was only dreaming. Don't worry, Changhyunnie loves you too!