Hard to Forgive

Black & White

Jinwoon’s POV

                She finally answered. I felt hope and happiness as I heard the sound of G.Na’s voice, but I also felt nervous. I have not been able to talk to her since the incident at the concert. What will she say? What do I say? My phone felt slippery and my lips felt dry. Words escaped me. How do I explain? How do I start?

                “G.Na, I...” I said.

                “Jinwoon,” she said quietly. “Just listen.” My heart beat faster after hearing those words. I need to explain. The urge to explain was strong, but the softness and frailness of her voice kept me silent. “I do not know how to comprehend what I saw at the concert, but I am not ready for the explanation yet.” She then took a deep breath and her voice chocked. She is holding back tears. “We have been together for a while, almost two years. We have always fought with each other and we have always made up.” I my lips in anticipation. What is she getting at? “There are just so many questions, but the answers scare me more than the unknown.” Now she was sobbing and my heart ached. “So please just understand that I need more time. I don’t know if I will ever be ready to hear the truth, but please be patient. I believe I can ask this much from you.” I stayed silent as I listened to her sob. What can I say to make her stop crying? “Goodbye.” Then she hung up. What can I do to make her stop hurting?

 

G.Na’s POV

It has been three weeks since I last talked to Jinwoon. Ever since that phone call, Jinwoon stopped reaching out to me, which was what I asked for but I miss him. I miss the sound of his voice and his smile. In between recording and writing lyrics, I have been watching 2AM’s every move. Every reality show, every concert, and every fan meet I have seen over the last three long weeks. Jinwoon looks good, but there is sadness in his face. He still smiles and laughs, but his eyes just do not light up like they used to and this made my heart ache. As I sit in front of my television, I have a need for him to be right beside me and not behind a piece of glass. Just watching him from afar is not good enough. I need to see him. I made the decision to meet with him one night while watching one of 2AM’s performances. Jinwoon always dances with such precision and passion, but his dancing was filled with mistakes and sloppiness. I just could not take it anymore so after the performance I called him. Now I am sitting on a cold bench at a nearby park as I waited for Jinwoon to arrive. Filled with anticipation to see him, I arrived thirty minutes early. The silence of the quiet and cold park filled around me as a wave of emotions went through me. Anger, anticipation, fear, and an overall giddiness just to see him again ran through me. The thirty minutes slowly ticked by as memories of our last date at the amusement park filled my mind. The memory of the night at that concert where I saw Suzy with Jinwoon was also fresh in my mind. Can I forgive him?

“G.Na?” asked Jinwoon. I froze with my eyes staring at the gray concrete sidewalk. “I would like to explain what happened with Suzy, if that is alright.” I slowly turned my head towards him. Jinwoon stood with his hair still styled and his makeup still on his face. He wore a thick black jacket, but I could see a little of his stage costume underneath, and sweat was present on his forehead. He rushed here. A pit formed in my stomach as I nodded my head, scooted over on the bench and patted my hand on the open part, signaling for him to sit beside me. He hesitated than sat beside me. Taking a deep breath he then began.

“Over a month ago, my manager called me and said that he needed to talk to me. Apparently, 2AM hasn’t been doing so well compared to 2PM and Miss A so a plan was going to be put in place. This plan was to help promote and boost 2AM’s popularity by using the popularity and success of Miss A. This plan was to set up a romance within the company. I don’t know how this was decided, but my manager told me that the romance was to be between me and Suzy from Miss A. I denied it at first, but then my manager just kept going on and on about how 2AM needed this and how my fellow members depended on me so I eventually agreed. I know this does not give me an excuse for what I did and I know that this doesn’t give you a reason to forgive me, but G.Na, I hope there is a way you can forgive me.” After Jinwoon finished, I took a minute to process. Then Jinwoon stood up, moved in front of me, and kneeled on the cold concrete sidewalk. Grabbing ahold of my hands he looked in to my eyes and I saw sincerity and honesty in his eyes. There was also heartbreak and hope. “With Suzy, everything was so smooth and effortless. She did everything I asked of her and she never resisted me, but that was not what I wanted in a girl. I didn’t want a robot who would do and say anything to please me, instead I wanted a girl who would challenge everything I say and do. I wanted a girl who is very opinionated and not afraid to oppose me. I wanted you, G.Na, and I still want you.” With those last words, I jumped off the bench and onto Jinwoon. We both collapsed on the sidewalk with me on top of him with my arms wrapped tightly around his neck. Jinwoon gasped with surprise and then laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. His wonderful laugh filled my ears and the vibrations from his chest touched my cheek.

“Jinwoon, this is not very easy for me to do,” I said. I turned my head and faced him. “But, I forgive you.” Then I pressed my lips to his and kissed him. He immediately kissed me back with his warm and soft lips. I truly felt that I was ready to forgive him, and once I did, a huge weight was lifted from me and was replaced by pure happiness. We stayed on the ground as our kiss deepened. It felt as if we were trying to make up for lost time. The firmness of his strong arms around me as we embraced each other was something that I missed terribly. Then the chill of the park set in and we both stopped.

“We should probably get someplace warm,” said Jinwoon. I nodded in agreement. Then the both of us stood up, Jinwoon grabbed my hand, and we walked to my apartment.

With two cups of steaming hot cocoa, I walked to my living room where Jinwoon sat on my couch covered in my huge blue blanket. Sitting down beside him, I handed him his cup as he placed the blanket over me. I then snuggled into him and took a sip of the warm liquid. He placed his arm around me as we watched a reality show. Perfectly happy and content with Jinwoon beside me, I slowly drifted into a deep and peaceful slumber.  I am so glad I forgave him.